• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhutien

Colonel
110 Badges
Jul 22, 2012
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Welcome!

The Seven Kingdoms is a mod for Crusader Kings 2, built for large multiplayer games in a sandbox environment, generally with a predefined setting. It will feature bookmarks from the years 6566-7500, the last dates stopping before the 'Doom of Valyria'. (Note that we will NOT include Valyria in any way, we will only have Westeros and the western Free Cities)

With over 1400 Provinces, the mod rivals the Vanilla game and exceeds the 'Game of Thrones Mod' in regards to the number of provinces. However, it will likely feature far fewer events and simplified mechanics for the purpose of stable and engaging multiplayer.

Intensity wise, it will likely rival the Vanilla game, though we intend for it to be just as stable if not more so. Good practice with how we create our events and decisions, and how we write our triggers will be of great importance. Avoiding events, although great for singleplayer, such as the Winter event and slavery chains seen in Game of Thrones, will be but a small way we hope to boost our performance.

We intend to make all of this mod's mechanics from scratch, if possible. It will be updated on a very much long-term process, and early playable versions will likely be used for our weekly games.

Current State: Alpha, Prototype

The Team & Contributors:
(big shout out to Vierwood and tsf4, the mod would have not got so far if it not for their tireless effort!)

Although everyone in the team has helped around with just about everything from ideas or contributions, their main work will be spotlighted along with their listing! ;)

Rowan - Project Lead, building system, the map, lazy af
Vierwood - History, titles, characters, province names
tsf4 - History, titles, cultural buildings, characters, barony history, province and barony names
Moen - Flags, dynasty flags & other GFX tidbits
Feliprinsss - Oceans names, suggestions, tweaks and tidbits
ZeroFighterR - Lore (blame him if anything is wrong), buildings, events, nicknames & other flavour
Almaron - Extensive lore advice, examples & suggestions

General Contributors:

blackninja9939 - For help, advice and some edits here and there!
Existential Crisis - A couple of characters.
Patrick - Ideas

This mod can also be found on moddb

Last edited:
Terrain Mapmode

20170404133559_1.jpg
20170404133606_1.jpg
20170404133612_1.jpg
20170404133616_1.jpg
20170404133620_1.jpg
20170404133625_1.jpg
20170404133629_1.jpg
20170404133633_1.jpg
20170404133638_1.jpg
20170404133641_1.jpg
20170404133644_1.jpg
20170404133647_1.jpg
20170404133650_1.jpg
20170404133652_1.jpg
20170404133819_1.jpg
20170404133835_1.jpg
20170404133840_1.jpg
20170404133842_1.jpg
20170404133846_1.jpg
20170404133849_1.jpg
20170404133852_1.jpg
20170404133855_1.jpg
20170404133857_1.jpg
20170404133900_1.jpg

Culture Mapmode

20170404133908_1.jpg
20170404133910_1.jpg
20170404133917_1.jpg
20170404133922_1.jpg
20170404133924_1.jpg
20170404133927_1.jpg
20170404133930_1.jpg
20170404133932_1.jpg
20170404133937_1.jpg
20170404133939_1.jpg

Because of a limit of screenshots in one posts, other screenshots can be found at the following links:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...e-seven-kingdoms.1003243/page-5#post-22620360
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...e-seven-kingdoms.1003243/page-6#post-22632004

Last edited:
This is not a submod, We're building a complete mod from nothing and has nothing to do with the Game of Thrones mod

Hey I would love to help! I can make chars, create names for baronies and provs, etc. I have a huge loge for the GOT setting so have a good deal of knowledge about it.

Just to make this clear; this is not a submod for GoT, and does not share any assets with it. We're going to be very bare-bones in comparison, as this mod is tailored for large multiplayer games rather than a detailed and (excellent, I might add) singleplayer experience.

It is also unintentionally province heavy, but many of the provinces that have been added will likely be single-barony provinces.

The Dropbox screenshots are very out of date. My steam has some more up-to-date screenshots. Still somewhat outdated, but they'd be better to stick for the OP:

Beyond the Wall: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...334/EC925A45F8AF44A69E8459404C689B2A1907D7CA/
The North: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...447/8B7F577D9B8FFB1CC6C505759D24AB7C09CB625F/
The Vale, Riverlands, Dusklands: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...559/8C03E73060AF281A56192E8B910508AE6F300CDA/
Stormlands, Crownlands, Reach: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...683/487A329105A3176AE0B1CE793D1CB8FD9E24296F/

Hopefully linking steam screenshots will be fine. Still not entirely sure if that goes against the rules or not on this forum, will work out how to attach them directly to the post or get Zero to stick them (and work it out himself) in the OP if the moderators have an issue with it.

Hey I would love to help! I can make chars, create names for baronies and provs, etc. I have a huge loge for the GOT setting so have a good deal of knowledge about it.

We'd be happy for your help! Right now we're looking into some sort of co-ordination system so we can avoid unintentional overwrites, as currently we are working with the mapfiller tool to get the bulk of the work sorted -- this means we're working with one xls file. If you're serious about helping, pop your Github name via a PM to me, and I'll get you added to the project, as we're using it to commit changes.

--

Here is to hoping my 'can-barely-run-CK2' hardware (with a failing CPU and now PS) lasts long enough to see this all through. :p

What's the difference?

"The Seven Kingdoms is a mod for Crusader Kings 2, built for large multiplayer games in a sandbox environment, generally with a predefined setting."
"it will likely feature far fewer events and simplified mechanics for the purpose of stable and engaging multiplayer."

Game of Thrones in term of multiplayer is pretty much impossible, you will desynch from everything you do.

Well, I hope the total number of provinces will be lower than vanilla AGOT. The mod is slow enough with all these provinces...

What's the difference?

To add to what ZeroFighterR said, it also features a unique, highly detailed map of Westeros (albeit less lore-friendly).

No small amount of work went into it, having built it up from scratch (however, I did use source images as references). It isn't lore friendly as I had to fill the gaps, which might bother some lore nuts, but this is a consequence of RR Martin not designing a map for something like this.

I also tried to deal with some issues with the projection and inconsistencies in the lore concerning the map itself; the North is now larger in relation to the rest of the landmass, and beyond the wall now rivals the north in size and veers off to the west. There are many new islands and so on.

Well, I hope the total number of provinces will be lower than vanilla AGOT. The mod is slow enough with all these provinces...

We're looking at the Vanilla game in regards to performance, rather than Vanilla AGOT, due to the impact of events and other mechanics introduced into mods of that size and scope.

This means our province count is similar to that of Vanilla CK2 or the entirely of the Vanilla AGOT mod world (Westeros + Essos), however we will have far fewer baronies, a good hundred or two capital only provinces and next to nothing in regards to custom events.*

So if you can run Vanilla CK2 fine, you should run this mod about the same, if not better.

* We will eventually add events of our own, but they will be introduced in relation to their impact on our games. We generally have twenty to thirty people in a major game, and do two to three different weeklies every week (which average at about 15), so we intend to use them a guinea pigs to determine how serious the performance impact of any major mechanic or event chain.

Really love screenshots. Always wanted stable multiplayer version. Do you add things like maesters, faceless? Or really absolutely no more than few events for stability? And clearly my curiosity - why not andal invasion period? =p

Really love screenshots. Always wanted stable multiplayer version. Do you add things like maesters, faceless? Or really absolutely no more than few events for stability? And clearly my curiosity - why not andal invasion period? =p

It's set during the Andal Invasion. Also we'll think about adding the Faceless Men and Maester events when we get to that point.

tsf4 and Vierwood have been working hard on the mod! They've been chipping away at the names of capital baronies, provinces and duchies, putting me to shame! Kudos to both of them! :D

I'd love to make a video or two about this mod when its a playable to get some attention on you guys! this looks fantastic!

That would be awesome! :)

To expand on what Vierwood said, we will be adding stuff like Faceless Men and Maesters down the line, but at this point I'm not entirely sure how. If societies can be used for them (I've not seen how the feature works, so not sure if it'd 'gel' well with those two groups), then we'll use societies, otherwise we may have to create little event chains for them. Faceless men will almost certainly work differently in our mod, as they can be a little over-powered in a multiplayer game in our experience.*

Generally we'll be keeping mechanics simple. Most straightforward events won't be too bad in terms of impact, as long as they are being triggered correctly (and the methods of searching for said triggering criteria are sound), but we will be avoiding more complex mechanics unless we deem them too important to ignore. A duel system, for example, is something I think vital. Tourneys on the other hand are not so important but would be nice nonetheless.

For our start date, it'll fall in place somewhere between the Andal invasion (technically during it, I guess, as it was something that went on for a long time) and before the Doom of Valyria, which may or may not happen in your game based on the outcome of events. Braavos will be a newly established estate with a bright future ahead of it, but danger on all flanks, Westeros will be a blank slate, ready for you to craft a story of your own and so on.

* When the King or Queen on the Throne has 20-30 thousand gold stored up, and a rebellion forms, it doesn't matter how strong the combined arms are when she or he can simply kill the rebel leaders. Although not a bad thing - there should be advantages to saving up that much gold, I don't think the faceless men work quite like that.

I'm going for a system in which the Faceless men approach you about a contract, demand a price that you alone can pay (relative to your income, your age and/or family members - ie they ask for you to give up your life to them in a decade if you're say twenty) and if you accept, you are assigned a flag or a modifier, allowing you to pick any target.

There may be a money sink assassination group, but I'd be more for them having a reasonably high failure chance.

Last edited:
Thank you for so big answer. I see that you're serious about this mod! But about duel system, i thought you will remove it or change at least for one event to every player. I think better remove, because in multiplayer if 2 players start to clicking during this duel events, battle can end long time ago. But results can be mostly same with or without these events.

About andal invasion, it was 6000 years ago, so its big difference between "7400-8000" and "~2000". I wanted to say if make time period in 7400 then you will have only 7 kingdoms. But if you make during andal invasion(not before or after), then you will also be able to separate some kingdoms for two parts in maps, where one part is old gods, and another is the seven religion. Without any events, only with their wars. It gives more available character for more people in mp. Noting in 7300~7400 there also was Nymeria invasion. Just suggest some ideas :)

Thank you for so big answer. I see that you're serious about this mod! But about duel system, i thought you will remove it or change at least for one event to every player. I think better remove, because in multiplayer if 2 players start to clicking during this duel events, battle can end long time ago. But results can be mostly same with or without these events.

About andal invasion, it was 6000 years ago, so its big difference between "7400-8000" and "~2000". I wanted to say if make time period in 7400 then you will have only 7 kingdoms. But if you make during andal invasion(not before or after), then you will also be able to separate some kingdoms for two parts in maps, where one part is old gods, and another is the seven religion. Without any events, only with their wars. It gives more available character for more people in mp. Noting in 7300~7400 there also was Nymeria invasion. Just suggest some ideas :)

No problem! Best to get things down, as others may have the same questions. Not sure how the duel events will work, but I was thinking of a simple three-stage event chain or something.

Yeah, 7400 was a rough estimate (a number I pulled out from a previous conversation). It's certainly something we're going to have to hash out. I'm not really the one well versed on the lore, that is ZeroFighterR's job. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.