[WIP] Star Trek New Horizons and hello community

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shaggo

New Horizons Team
23 Badges
May 19, 2016
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • PDXCON 2018 "The Emperor"
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello Paradox Community,

As long time paradox gamers and modders at first we want to apologise that we didnt join the community earlier on. We started paradoxing with Hearts of Iron II a long long time ago.
Modding always played an essential role in our sessions.
After some time in the paradox world it became clear to us that we always wanted more out of these beautiful sandboxes. that’s the point we started modding. I think it was around the time of the HOI III Ftm DLC.
It began small ofc, our first projects were not really more than adding new units or tweaking mechanics.
After we learned basic paradox coding we realized what huge potential there is in modding paradox games.
So we tried our first full conversion mod with HOI, Back then we had a relatively big gaming community so we shared our mod only for internal use.
Anyways, after modding the whole map, adding new leaders, tweaking army sizes, adding units, event chains and so on, we realized that the game engine couldn’t handle our whole world map anymore and the AI just wasn’t designed for our desired modern times scenario so we stopped our project at this point and reduced it to a playable but very limited middle east conflict scenario.
When we heard the announcement of East vs West we were eager to redo our mod there and continue our project when the time comes. Unfortunately development was stopped and all our plans vanished.
So we focused mainly on playing and modding CK II. With CK II we had no plans nor good ideas to make a full conversion so we only did some small adjustments.
When we heard about Stellaris though, great ideas and visions for future star trek mods came to our minds.
That's when our newest project Star Trek New Horzions started on may 20th. We are aiming for a full conversion with canon factions, ships, scripted storytelling and universe revamp.

Check out our steamworkshop page for updates, news and more. We would love to hear some feedback and ideas about our work.

We are very open to cooperating with other projects and the community as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions:
its time for a little update on our progress so far.
we finally got our first models working. i will just post some screenshots and our new trailer.

qd9exFK.jpg

B1rG96B.jpg

enjoy ;)

Reactions:
Linking to MODDB is not allowed

Last edited:
Nice work! it's always soooo good when people does conversions with Star Trek, especially because we will never get something like the old series (tng, ds9) back in a new fashion... so let's just play with those! :D

Damn, so none of you ST mod teams are working together and you're working on separate eras. I guess my dream for 'Birth of the Federation' reborn in stellaris is dead :(

Your stuff looks great and I guess I'm gonna be on board for the full Star Trek experience! :)

Are you giving ships multiple hardpoints so that all weapons don't hit dead centre and that weapons don't all shoot from the same place of the ship?

Damn, so none of you ST mod teams are working together and you're working on separate eras. I guess my dream for 'Birth of the Federation' reborn in stellaris is dead :(

Your stuff looks great and I guess I'm gonna be on board for the full Star Trek experience! :)

Actually, we are working very closely with the Star trek modding Group and our Vision is to deliver a mod going down the whole canon Star trek timeline starting with ENT.

Are you giving ships multiple hardpoints so that all weapons don't hit dead centre and that weapons don't all shoot from the same place of the ship?

Yes, the ships will have multiple hardpoints and dedicated Torpedo tubes.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yea just to echo here, Horizons is working directly with anyone from the community who wants to cross-pollinate. Other star trek teams, individual modders... whatever. :)

Well that's great news! Let us embody the ideals of the scifi we love so much!

At the same time, let us 'pew pew pew!' our way to victory! *fist pump*

Wow, this is fantastic! Are you modeling the NXO1 as well? (I maybe one of the few, but I actually liked "Enterprise" and felt it sould have been given at least another season) Keep up the great work and thanks.

Reactions:
Wow, this is fantastic! Are you modeling the NXO1 as well? (I maybe one of the few, but I actually liked "Enterprise" and felt it sould have been given at least another season) Keep up the great work and thanks.

Started with great potential, was ATROCIOUS in the middle and came back strong in it's final season when they decided on the mini-arcs and gave the showrunner position to Manny Coto - an actual Trek veteran and fan.

There's no forgiveness for that series finale, tho, lol...

Well that's great news! Let us embody the ideals of the scifi we love so much!

Yep, a big chunk of the unnamed Star Trek modding group here (including myself) are involved in New Horizons. Everyone on both sides have been very welcoming, and I'd urge those with an interest to participate to enquire.

Reactions: