• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this works with More Religion Tenets Slots. Because I hate choosing only three tenets.
No. Three tenets fits perfectly.

Didn't a previous post show more tenets?
No, you still choose between three tenets. We however added new EK-specific tenets.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I meant mod compatibility. Virgin stock faiths losing to my chad custom faith with many tenets.

It's easy to home-brew mod compatibility yourself. The number of available tenets is at the top of the tenets text file in common/religion/doctrines for the mod. Editing it is a matter of ten seconds. Adjusting the interface to actually display more than 5 or so though requires a gui edit, which can be done by finding a mod which does that for vanilla and adding the stuff it adds into the corresponding file of the mod you want it to use (in this case, EK2); personally I use WinMerge for that.

• 2Like
Reactions:
No, the Nedic people are native to Tamriel
Is that canonically established? AFAIK there are two theories:
1) The Nedes were the original Atmoran emigres who diverged into the Nords, Imperials and Bretons (after mixing with the Direnni).
2) The Nedes were a separate native human population in Tamriel that mixed with Nordic immigrants to produce the modern Imperials and with Altmer to produce the Bretons.

The whole point of elder scrolls lore is there no canon and it's all subjective/contradictory so um, not worth arguing over? You risk achieving chim and having to talk to kirkbride

• 10Haha
Reactions:
Will there be any improvement in the governance of states? Say, so that there are no BLOBS like Byzantium in the original game? To make it more difficult for the AI to manage the state (and the player too)?

The first isn't a theory, it's propaganda only pushed on in a propaganda-only book. All other, and much more reliable, sources including archeology show that the Nedic population was very native.

The whole point of elder scrolls lore is there no canon and it's all subjective/contradictory so um, not worth arguing over? You risk achieving chim and having to talk to kirkbride
No

Will there be any improvement in the governance of states? Say, so that there are no BLOBS like Byzantium in the original game? To make it more difficult for the AI to manage the state (and the player too)?
That's not the point of the mod

• 4Like
Reactions:
I think blobs would actually fit in this mod

Reactions:
Perhaps in the far future? After all the other stuff of the mod has been implemented?
If you really want your realm to implode then why not just imprison your vassals at random? Imprison and kill your heir if he is your best child, leave him alone if he is an idiot and grant all your land to the other children? Or make an event yourself that destroys your top title?

Reactions:
How does Lorkhan/Shor fit in to this system? Lorewise, he's not an Aedra or a Daedric Prince.
Shor is an Aedra, revered by the Nord.
His Cyrodiilic Version is Shezarr. They are part of pantheons but not handled via the Daedric Doctrines.

I think that's the whole point. Akavir is the continent where men evolved and then came over to Tamriel or is that the whole planet, i keep forgetting), which is where mer and argonians and khajeet evolved. No?
Humans were created on Old Ehlnofey, specifically the part which would later become Tamriel. After the continent was sundered, some humans went to Yokuda, some to Atmora, some to Akavir and some remained in Tamriel.

Briefly going back to the discussion from above, will EK2 still have the Men of Akavir as their own race, or -are- those, based on the new understanding, actually just the Tsaesci? The Kamal in EK1 were also a man-race (before that, I had always thought the 'snow demons' thing was meant literally), so it'd be interesting to note that that would make Akavir a very man-dominated continent.

Tsaesci are the humans of Akavir, as per Anotated Anuad and their acutal appearances.

1) The Nedes were the original Atmoran emigres who diverged into the Nords, Imperials and Bretons (after mixing with the Direnni).
2) The Nedes were a separate native human population in Tamriel that mixed with Nordic immigrants to produce the modern Imperials and with Altmer to produce the Bretons.
Yes it is. Nede come from Tamriel. The Original Atmorans, ironically, went from Snow-Throat to Atmora only to return later. The returned Atmorans mixing with the existing Nede created the Nord.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I had to look up what that even was... and I really hope the team does not.
How come? It's the closest thing we have to canon information on who lives on those islands, it may not necessarily be fully official but it was made with help from Michael Kirkbride and has been referenced a few times in ESO. Without the Uutak info on the islands there's basically nothing to go on when mapping them out and adding cultures and religions to them, so its better to have a semi-official source on the matter than no source at all.

Reactions:
How come? It's the closest thing we have to canon information on who lives on those islands, it may not necessarily be fully official but it was made with help from Michael Kirkbride and has been referenced a few times in ESO. Without the Uutak info on the islands there's basically nothing to go on when mapping them out and adding cultures and religions to them, so its better to have a semi-official source on the matter than no source at all.

It was created as a joke, and I would shy away from even calling it "semi-official". Kirkbride's touch doesn't make anything close to official (or coherent) since he hasn't been with Bethesda in well over a decade.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It was created as a joke, and I would shy away from even calling it "semi-official". Kirkbride's touch doesn't make anything close to official (or coherent) since he hasn't been with Bethesda in well over a decade.
Okay, the concept of bat elves may have started off as a joke, but, the creator took that joke and made it into a serious world building project with dedicated members who take it just as seriously as any other part of TES lore. I mean its not the first time someone has come up with a concept for a joke and then decided it would actually be cool, took it seriously, and then did something amazing with it. If it was "just a joke" would there be an entire lore timeline and super detailed backstories for the races and everything? You saying that shows you basically just skimmed the uesp article and nothing else. And again, its been referenced a few times in ESO, which is why I say "semi-official"

• 3Like
Reactions:
Okay, the concept of bat elves may have started off as a joke, but, the creator took that joke and made it into a serious world building project with dedicated members who take it just as seriously as any other part of TES lore. I mean its not the first time someone has come up with a concept for a joke and then decided it would actually be cool, took it seriously, and then did something amazing with it. If it was "just a joke" would there be an entire lore timeline and super detailed backstories for the races and everything? You saying that shows you basically just skimmed the uesp article and nothing else. And again, its been referenced a few times in ESO, which is why I say "semi-official"

Ok? So why would another fan project take that lore more seriously than their own created lore?

And yes, if it was "just a joke" people would do all that you listed because people are bored on the internet. People put more effort into worse ideas than "Batman in TES would be funny".

• 2Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.