• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jumbi

Elder Councillor & Servant of the Masters
100 Badges
May 18, 2013
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
1599079853366.png
Hi all, the Elder Kings team is proud to announce that we will be porting (or rather, remaking) Elder Kings for Crusader Kings III!

For those of you unfamiliar with it, Elder Kings is a total conversion mod that has been bringing the world of The Elder Scrolls to Crusader Kings for the past 8 years. The Crusader Kings 2 version of the mod can be found here. This doesn't mean that development for the CK2 version will no longer be receiving any kind of support. We plan to update the Workshop release soon and continue to develop more additions through our publicly available SVN.

There's still plenty of work to be done before the release version is complete and many of us are still playing around with CK3 to see how exactly we can fit the mod into it while best using the new mechanics. In the meanwhile, please enjoy some of the previews of our brand new map that TheynT has been hard at work at for the past few weeks (with help from Dillonn241 over at UESP).

EK's map in the outline of EK2's (Theyn is a perfectionist and won't let me show the full map yet :( )
1599057122483.png

Outline of Tamriel and Yokuda (sans Pyandonea atm)
1599057156974.png

Evermore and the surrounding region
1599057175328.png

More updates will be posted here as they come here and on our Discord

Join us in this exciting journey towards a whole new Elder Kings!

Attachments

• 1599057062298.png
    1599057062298.png
    63,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1599057068180.png
    1599057068180.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 66Love
  • 40Like
Reactions:
DD - Map Outline
A little more insight into the new map, since JJ/jumbi has asked me so nicely:

With the transition from CK2 to CK3 we also want to revise our map. Tamriel will be completely redesigned, moving from the Arthmodeus-Projection of Tamriel to Dillonn241's Tamriel: an accurate trace of the Anthology Map, Main Series Provinces and additional info from ESO.

User-Dillonn241-Tamriel.jpg

Map of Tamriel created using the Elder Scrolls Anthology map primarily, as well as maps from most games in the series. Created by Dillonn241. [Source]

We have however modified the outline of this Tamriel in various ways to adapt it to places not represented on the map (e.g. the Minor Kingdoms of TES2, which also are in EK for CK2) and rework places where the official material doesn't give us interesting coastlines. One such example is the Telvanni peninsula, which I have reworked to fit its EK appearance.

Anthology Telvanni | EK CK2 Telvanni
Dillons Telvanni | EK CK3 Telvanni
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
1599057062298.png

I'm working on Tamriel and Yokuda for now, but rest assured the EK vs EK2 map size comparison jumbi shared in his post already includes the positions for Pyandonea, Atmora and Akavir. But for now, map development will focus on Tamriel and its nearby isles.

Last edited:
  • 28Like
  • 26Love
Reactions:
More excited for this than ANY other mod. Thank you so much for the update. And that thinner high rock is beautiful. So excited to see what you guys can get done. Much love.

• 1Like
Reactions:
YESSSSSS! One of top four mods i wanted to see in CK3 (i wanted to say "top three" but EK, AGoT, Warhammer and Lux invicta cannot just be decided like that, so it's four) I only hope you have more people now.

Also, the models. You plan on original ones or ported? I ask because your CK2 portraits were literally better than official art for Elder Scrolls.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Cant wait for EK2. Hopefully, you dont decrease county amounts. Paradox went this road that every barony is new province and they say there is more provinces now, but actually county amounts are decreased.

In my personal opinion, every county should have equal ammount of provinces/barony slots. But some harsh areas you can in strategy map move on all baronys but you cant build there until certain conditions are filled. Like county capital has certain development level. or you have a lot of money to clear a land in decisions

• 4Like
Reactions:
I don't get why people are making the river border between High Rock and Hammerfell ridiculously big. It's just a river, not an extension of the Illiac Bay. Every single official map except a single Elder Scrolls Online one, makes it much smaller, like it was in the CK2 version of the mod.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Excellent news, really glad you are moving from Arena's rectangular Tamriel to Anthology version. Are there are plans to change Akavir or would you stick to the version used in CK2's mod?

Reactions:
Cant wait for EK2. Hopefully, you dont decrease county amounts. Paradox went this road that every barony is new province and they say there is more provinces now, but actually county amounts are decreased.

In my personal opinion, every county should have equal ammount of provinces/barony slots. But some harsh areas you can in strategy map move on all baronys but you cant build there until certain conditions are filled. Like county capital has certain development level. or you have a lot of money to clear a land in decisions

Since its a completely new map, I can't yet say if we will have the very same amount of counties + baronies. I try to keep it the same as before: around 4. Sometimes less (e.g. deserts), sometimes more (e.g. major centres of civilisation). However giving every county exactly 4 baronies, imo, is defeating the idea behind having a vivid and realistic world. This is not a competitive arena strategy game, where everyone has the same conditions.

I don't get why people are making the river border between High Rock and Hammerfell ridiculously big. It's just a river, not an extension of the Illiac Bay. Every single official map except a single Elder Scrolls Online one, makes it much smaller, like it was in the CK2 version of the mod.

Because ESO established it to be so. And ESO's High Rock, while having a lot of flaws, is still better than the un-detailed version of High Rock we had before. The bigger river is also a great, natural obstacle. I really like to work and experiment with wasteland and navigable rivers you have to pass over fords.

Excellent news, really glad you are moving from Arena's rectangular Tamriel to Anthology version. Are there are plans to change Akavir or would you stick to the version used in CK2's mod?

I'm only working on Tamriel and Yokuda atm. No set plans on how Akavir will look, but it will probably end up being a up-scaled, updated and slight remodelled version of EK-CK2s.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Three questions:
1) will the dragonborn have interaction with the dynasty legacy? (E.G: special dynasty legacies for dragonborns/dragon-blooded)
2) how do you intend to model elven lifespan? Immortality with changing immortal_age or increased expected lifespan?
3) will you use the trait system for races like before? Because if you will use it, you could use the portrait-changing elements that traits can do to model the matrilineal race inheritance of TES by using the traits for the major distinctions

• 4Like
Reactions:
DD - High Rock Map
Small update on our mapping progress and how we work:

Let's begin with the screen JJ shared of our concept map. As you can see, there is a whole lot going on.
Names, colours, red lines.
Our first step is to overlay available map material over our Tamriel Outliner and align the coasts/geographic features. Then we mark the important places from the map material onto our outliner. Afterwards we draw out what we think make for good barony borders and consolidate those into counties. Then we again check Lore and Map stuff to see if there is any information about how regions are bundled, where what titles are.
Once we're happy with how things turned out, the red lines get removed - and it's time for implementation.

Fast forwarding 5 days, and the map now looks rather differently in that region. The red lines have all been removed and the provinces are already implemented for the most part. While making the region ready for implementation, we also added some more baronies and counties.

1599057175328.png
unknown.png

Once the provinces are implemented, our talented terrain and heightmap artist goes in and turns the flat Tamriel basis into something really, really cool looking.
This is all drawn by hand too! Thus giving it a nice personal touch while keeping in line with the official worldspaces of those regions.

unknown.png

• 23Love
  • 14Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.