• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions about culture: what's with the Reachman exclave south of the Throat of the World? And what do the Old Nibenese and Arenthi cultures represent?

Also, I think a separate splinter religion for the Telvanni makes sense. The culture surrounding religion and its practice in Telvanni lands is different to elsewhere in Morrowind and affects believers as well as cynics. Even in the domains of master wizards not overtly hostile to religion, religious practice is a very private matter, with even simple visits to priests being very clandestine. I mean look at the Temple in Sadrith Mora, hidden away in the bowels of the Council House.

Last edited:
Theyn, listening to the latest stream rn, and heard that "hybridization as dlc feature is bad because we have hybrid cultures like Cyro-Nords", however from what I understand it shouldn't become a problem for mod at all: paid feature is only manually doing a hybrid, while they still can be set at the start (like Norman) and it's only blocking those two buttons (Hybridize and Diverge) so setting up Cyro-Nords as Nord/Cyrodilic hybrid at the start shouldn't be a problem for mod, thankfully

The existing decisions and events to form specific cultures, such as English, Sicilian, the Norse split, and so on, will still use the their respective event and/or decision. They are however, incorparated into the new system to be properly presented as being a hybrid or divergent culture. When created, they still draw from the scripted culture in the database to give you the same preset with pillars and traditions.

Yes. We have a number of existing cultures that we have set up as divergent or hybrid cultures. Norman is a great example, as it will start the game as a hybrid between Frankish and Norse. Or the Scandinavian cultures as having diverged from Norse.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Saw the discussion about Spellscar on discord and wanted to add that we do actually know when it fell - when the constellations vanished, the quest giver about it mentions this:
"Some sort of celestial object. A few of the locals call it the Mage's staff. They say it fell from above just before the constellations vanished.
It's extremely volatile, and every magic-addicted sorcerer and atronach in the region is drawn to it."
When constellation vanished:
I'm looking for the Star-Gazers. (only appears if you do not yet know where they are)"Everyone is, these days. Funny how a few months ago, they were just a bunch of star-obsessed loonies. Now, they're the only folks with any idea what's going on.

So it wasn't actually there before the events of TESO, although it's understandable that having it on the map would add more life and references to it

Reactions:
Do you guys plan to source all your own models for artifacts or will you guys work with some of the nexus community to see if you can just pull some of the existing artifacts models used across the biggest mods for the actual TES games?

I'm really excited to see what royal court can do to this mod in the long run. All the aedric shrines and daedric artifacts would look so good in my royal court.

• 1Like
Reactions:
daedric artifacts would look so good in my royal court.

"My liege, is that... Mace of Molag Bal?"
"Uh yeah, i uh... found it in some ruins. Yeah, just accident. I am good follower of the Eight, totally not the champion of Molag Bal. I never, i repeat never sacrificed anyone to Him, nor i did any ritual rapes and those prisoners in the dungeons are not disappearing mysteriously!"

• 7Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Do you guys plan to source all your own models for artifacts or will you guys work with some of the nexus community to see if you can just pull some of the existing artifacts models used across the biggest mods for the actual TES games?

I'm really excited to see what royal court can do to this mod in the long run. All the aedric shrines and daedric artifacts would look so good in my royal court.

No plans yet.
The feature isn't released, so we can't work with it yet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
"My liege, is that... Mace of Molag Bal?"
"Uh yeah, i uh... found it in some ruins. Yeah, just accident. I am good follower of the Eight, totally not the champion of Molag Bal. I never, i repeat never sacrificed anyone to Him, nor i did any ritual rapes and those prisoners in the dungeons are not disappearing mysteriously!"

Daedric and Aedric artifacts are too much of a big deal to be reduced to display cases anyway. The games allow you to put them there because they make you the most important person in the universe in general, sure. But in-lore, these things are meant to be used. They'll find themselves a new owner on their own if the current one isn't applying them to their destined purpose.

So maybe the display mechanic isn't really fit for these in the first place.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Daedric and Aedric artifacts are too much of a big deal to be reduced to display cases anyway. The games allow you to put them there because they make you the most important person in the universe in general, sure. But in-lore, these things are meant to be used. They'll find themselves a new owner on their own if the current one isn't applying them to their destined purpose.

So maybe the display mechanic isn't really fit for these in the first place.
I mean most Deadric and Aedric artifacts are weapons right?

So so long as you equip them and go to war and duels it should be good.

I learned the other day that the Elder Scrolls card game has lore with the main character wielding Goldbrand replacing the emperor you murder in skyrim.

I should also be able to show off most of the things you can show off in game or are on a pedestal. Like Aedric shrines, Dragon Bones, Rare soul gems, Ayleid artifacts, Flesh of your enemies for vampires and cannibals, etc.

It'd be really cool if the daedric artifacts stayed in rotation. TBH they're often out there in the game world to begin with so they should be artifacts that enjoy moving between important characters.

Reactions:
Hi when is this mod coming out? thank you for info in advance.

I'm not sure if it's been asked yet but how do multi-province empires work? If you are the Cyrodiil and you take over Skyrim, are all the Jarls (KIngs) directly under your control? If so I can see Tamriel spanning empires really struggling due to having a huge number of vassals directly under them. EK1 you would-be emperor, and under you would be the province kings, but EK2 the provinces are empires and of course, you can't have another emperor as your vassal.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm not sure if it's been asked yet but how do multi-province empires work? If you are the Cyrodiil and you take over Skyrim, are all the Jarls (KIngs) directly under your control? If so I can see Tamriel spanning empires really struggling due to having a huge number of vassals directly under them. EK1 you would-be emperor, and under you would be the province kings, but EK2 the provinces are empires and of course, you can't have another emperor as your vassal.
You might have to make omega kings with 4+ kingdoms each.

Would be nice if you owned two province empires you could downgrade them into kingdoms or form a de jure one.

• 1Like
Reactions:

If I had to guess, they may represent High Kingdoms under the Empire as tributaries rather than vassals. It would probably fit with the often limited control the Empire had over the provinces.

• 2Like
Reactions:
With the Royal Court DLC soon to come out, how are you guys gonna handle the dynamic cultures feature?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.