• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there gonna be other start dates in the future?
Not anytime near, I know, as there are a lot of other features that I hard you guys still want to add (such as Dunmer stuff and Akavir), but are there any plans?

Also, will you add Dragonborn mechanics?
And Tiber Septim events (he was in the CK2 version)?
I'm currently adding those, there's a mod link a page or two back. I just updated it to complete orsinium.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I hate discord and that kind of moderation but no, this thread is currently empty of discussion and full of bigotry and one upsmanship and glad you as a gay man can say this is fine and glide above it, but as a gay woman, this is toxic bigotry that specifically makes this forum in this current discuss not a place where anyone except the bigots and trolls can speak, all for the trolls going completely off topic, half of the discussion here would even be unacceptable in the off topic forum ffs, and into bigotry just to compete on bull argument for sake of argument. THIS IS NOT OPEN DIALOGUE, much less the beauty of it.
If you can't discuss a mod without being caught in a psuedo intellectual trolling game of word twisting and antisemitism pulling, then no it's not an open discussion but a hostile environment. Open discussions are moderated to allow all voices to speak, not hate forcing out all other voices.
Read the forum rules and stop defending the breaches of them and really just move this whole discussion to OT so a thread over there can be locked not the one for this mod
I strongly disagree with your take on how the conversation is going, and I think you should reread all that's been posted for the last page.

It's literally just two people arguing that you should be able to push homophobia in religion or culture in TES, and everyone else disagreeing with them and trying to explain why.

Assuming someone is homophobic or being hostile does nothing but make things worse. You can't change minds by attacking people. Besides, attacking someone when you are the one misunderstanding what's trying to be communicated is problematic in itself. I often have this issue with neurotypicals who assume all sort of things about me based how I worded something, and completely ignore the actual words I'm using. There have been multiple occasions where I'll say something, and people interpret me saying the exact opposite. One of the people in question has literally stated English is their 4th language, so there are likely a lot of communication barriers between what they're trying to explain, and how were hearing it. Have an open mind.

In conclusion, please carefully read what's being said, and if you have a problem with it first ask for clarification on what was said, before you jump down any throats. Or, even better, try to explain why you disagree respectfully, and you could even sway people to your side.

• 5Like
Reactions:
There's a dragonborn trait in the files so it seems like it's coming.
I'm hoping necromancy and lich mechanics come soon, I want to be eevvviiillll

• 2Like
Reactions:
I can hope ok. I want to be a dragonborn and make the remanites worship me as I doom all their souls to necromatic oblivion in um, oblivion

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I hate discord and that kind of moderation but no, this thread is currently empty of discussion and full of bigotry and one upsmanship and glad you as a gay man can say this is fine and glide above it, but as a gay woman, this is toxic bigotry that specifically makes this forum in this current discuss not a place where anyone except the bigots and trolls can speak, all for the trolls going completely off topic, half of the discussion here would even be unacceptable in the off topic forum ffs, and into bigotry just to compete on bull argument for sake of argument. THIS IS NOT OPEN DIALOGUE, much less the beauty of it.
If you can't discuss a mod without being caught in a psuedo intellectual trolling game of word twisting and antisemitism pulling, then no it's not an open discussion but a hostile environment. Open discussions are moderated to allow all voices to speak, not hate forcing out all other voices.
Read the forum rules and stop defending the breaches of them and really just move this whole discussion to OT so a thread over there can be locked not the one for this mod

You're making a lot of very pointed accusations that I just don't feel are grounded in the reality of this conversation. I understand there's views here you don't agree with - there's views I don't agree with too! - but it's unclear to me how you get from that to 'toxic bigotry' and 'trolls' and 'unacceptable' and 'bull argument' and 'pseudo intellectual' and 'antisemitism' and 'hostile environment' and 'hate'. Mere disagreement is not any of those things. The posts would not still be up, given the forum's strong and good moderation, if the mods agreed with your characterisation of them.

You're completely discounting the possibility this could be a good faith discussion amongst people with conflicting views, who are respectfully engaging one another in those views. It's worth noting that the person with views you and I might find most disagreeable has actually lost the argument. It is always better for a person with bad views to air those views out, get pushback, hear a counter-argument, and maybe reflect on those views and hopefully move in them - then it is to just pretend those views don't exist because you don't agree with them, and leave them to simmer unchallenged. Those folk will find other places they can talk freely, and those won't be places where their views will be challenged.

As a fellow gay person - I've been arguing for gay rights for many years. When I was born, gay love itself was a criminal offence in much of the world, including most of the US and Europe. You can imagine what the discourse on gay people was like. If our approach all along had been to say "you're bigoted, so I'm not talking to you", then we would still have a society that's 80-90% opposed to gay rights. You would be dealing with rhetoric every day that it kind of sounds like you may never have actually heard before, if you think this thread is bigotry. I've talked to actually bigoted people - rank, vile hatred, not just differences of opinion - and I'm so grateful I have, because with years of patient counter-argument, folk like you and I have achieved a measure of equality I could never have dreamt of growing up. As gay people we must defend free speech. It is the only reason we have achieved what we have. That goes for any minority seeking equality and justice, even in the most prejudiced system or forum (which this isn't, this is a forum run by a progressive Swedish developer).

• 1Like
Reactions:
In other topics, I very much enjoyed my meandering Tel Fyr > Solstheim > Velothis > Cyrodilic Heartlands > Empire of Tamriel run with Divayth Fyr, and would recommend it if anyone is feeling like a WC with a ludicrously OP immortal wizard. Just make sure to break up with your daughter-clones on game start, lest you cause somewhat of a social stir once that secret inevitably leaks! :D

Worth noting that you need to do a complete WC to form Tamriel, including Yokuda, which seems odd to me. Yokuda is not part of Tamriel, as best as I know, plus I didn't think Tiber Septim conquered Yokuda when he formed the Empire in the lore, though I could be wrong on this. Edit/PS: 0.9.3 removed the requirement to hold Yokuda in forming Tamriel

Also worth noting is that you can only reform a religion once per lifetime, which is annoying as an immortal character. Luckily, you can use the console to delete the character flags that block further reformation, like this:

effect = { remove_character_flag = has_created_a_faith } effect = { remove_character_flag = foundational_faith }

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Holy sh*t, this is why we left.
People going on an 'x bad' rant, not willing to hear any counter arguments; people going on 'same-sex stuff bad' rant, not willing to hear any counter arguments; people demanding their suggestions be heard, because ofc the EK2 was just waiting for an ideas guy; and people thinking that they are entitled to anything on a mod that was made by hobby devs on their own time and release entirely for free.
This is the last time i'll write or read anything in here. You've managed to drive away the last dev who bothered checking into this toxic thread.

P.S.
If we're loosing audience because we're not homophobic... that's good. And if you think it isn't, you might wanna look into some of your views.
Since the Dev team has said they are not going to be part of the discussion here, we'll close this thread.

If anyone on the team wants to have it reopened, PM me.

I feel bad for them being driven from the forums based on what was typed here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.