• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rufy_King

Major
21 Badges
Sep 4, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I am working on this mod called After the Wild. The idea is that the mod is set after The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild in Hyrule, as Zelda and Link work to restore the fallen Kingdom. The main objective is to expand and restore the kingdom, taking it back from the wilderness.

Currently we are in very early stage. And what I mean is I have barely completed the cultures (more info below, if anyone is interested). I am looking for help mainly for the map and grafics, but of course any help is very much welcomed.

Current situation:

Cultures
  • Hylian Culture Group (western holding, portraits and units)
    • Hylians: the base hylians use names based on the names in all games except Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks. A character can be named Link, but not Zelda.
    • Royal Hylians: have a few names normal hylians don't have. A character can be named Zelda, but not Link.
    • New Hylians: Can use names from Spirit Tracks but not from Twilight Princess. They will probably act like mongol hordes/chinese empire, I have yet to decide. Link and Zelda are available names.
  • Human Culture Group (western holding, portraits and units)
    • Humans: can use human names from any game. Characters can't be named Link or Zelda (they have a Styla though).
  • Gerudo Culture Group (muslim holding, portraits and units)
    • Gerudo: can use any Gerudo name. Will need to see if there is a way to lock them on giving birth only to girls. Will be able to loot (as they historically could).
  • Goron Culture Group (will get its own holdings and portraits)
    • Goron: can use any Goron name. Will probably be sterile by normal means and get a special event to produce an heir, since as far as we know they are male-only.
    • Biggoron: can randomly appear. They are all called Biggoron or Medigoron;
  • Korok Culture Group (will get its own holdings and portraits)
    • Korok: can use any korok name.
    • Minish: WIP
    • Kikwi: WIP (?)
    • Kokiri: WIP (?)
  • Otherworlders Culture Group (western holdings, portraits and units, will be mongol hordesque in game role)
    • Terminean: can use hylian names from Majora's Mask but not from Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Don't have Link or Zelda;
    • Lorulean: Uses the same names as Hylians, except for Link (becomes Ravio). Has also Hilda.
  • Rito Culture Group (will get its own holdings and portraits)
    • Rito: can use any Rito name from WW or BOTW;
  • Sheika Culture Group (currently uses western holdings, portraits and units, but I will probably change them for more eastern ones)
    • Sheika: Will use any Sheika name from the various games;
    • Yiga: Will use any Sheika name from the various games + Kohga. Different religion from the Sheika
  • Zora Culture Group (will get its own holdings, portraits)
    • Zora: Any name from the series. Can travel via rivers.
  • Monsters Culture Group (will get it's own holdings and portraits)
    • The various monsters, including the minibosses, from BOTW. Will be both present at game start and spawn through game events.
I'm considering the idea of adding other cultures (fairies, for example) but that can wait. Also every culture will probably get a unique character trait modifier.

Map [WIP]

Religions [WIP]

As you may have noticed this won't strictly follow any of the timelines (much like BOTW does) in favor of more interesting events. I honestly think this can be a pretty fun mod, but all by myself I will need a few centuries to get it done. Thanks for the attention.

Last edited:
Maybe have something to represent the River Zora/Zola split with the friendlier Zora we started meeting in Ocarina of Time.
Ah, sure, I will make an event later on for some rogue Zoras to split and change culture to the more wild ones, probably when I start working on the various big events. At the start of the game, since it's based on BOTW, the Zora will be the friendly kind.

Love the idea of this mod, by the way, Zelda was the first video game series I got properly obsessed with and CK2 is the only one that's beat it in that respect, so I'll be excited to see where this goes.

Love the idea of this mod, by the way, Zelda was the first video game series I got properly obsessed with and CK2 is the only one that's beat it in that respect, so I'll be excited to see where this goes.
To me Zelda is a much more recent discovery, but it immediately got me hooked, ad you can imagine.

Very interesting, I love Zelda games so I will follow this mod :D

Thank you all, I will do my best to deliver

Little update for today, the mod now conteins every artifact from BOTW, DLC included. Of course they are "implemented", meaning that they are there, have an effect, but need a second control to make sure they are equilibrated.

I also added new names to the hylian/otherworlders culture groups, they are coming around quite big, which is always better.

As a longtime Zelda fan, I'm all about this. The BOTW map should work really well, too.
Absolutely, the BOTW map is full of landmark, so there are a lot of names for baronies, counties and duchies. Also, thanks to the towers we can easily see the various kingdoms. speaking of which:

MAP PLANS
It's going to be all one Empire (e_hyrule, I will look to see if I can get it to be called Great Kingdom of Hyrule instead of Empire of Hyrule), with the kingdoms divided by tower:
k_akkala
k_central_hyrule (the Kingdom of Hyrule itself)
k_dueling_peaks
k_eldin
k_faron
k_gerudo_highlands
k_gerudo_wastelands
k_great_plateau (this one is a maybe, because it would be way smaller than any other kingdom)
k_hateno
k_hebra
k_lanayru (same as with the Great Kingdom of Hyrule, I will need to make it so it's called Zora's Domain as long as the holder is a Zora)
k_of_lake_hylia
k_ridgeland
k_tabantha
k_woodland (or k_great_hyrule_forest, I'm not sure yet)

And from there the various duchies. I just need to find a way to map it, or find help with it cause I am terrible at grafic stuff.

As for other titles, there is certainly going to be a d_royal_guard (essentially a Varangian Guard of the kingdom of Hyrule), led by Link (it will be founded through decision in an event at the beginning of the game)

I did a quick test run with the hylian culture and the name do work (there is no even at the moment unfortunately). Can't wait for Holy Fury to drop, so I can start working on the religions.

7MAccud.jpg

Ankle (the name was random)

Stuff of the day:
Royal Hylian cultural uses male patronymics. So for example the son named Daphnes of a king named Bospheramus would be called Daphnes Bospheramus, like in the game.

With the release of Holy Fury, I can edit the religions without any worry. So here is

RELIGION PLANS

Faith of the Golden Goddesses
  • Main faith of Hyrule. All the positive races of Hyrule believe in this faith.
  • Holy sites: the Three Springs, the Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle
  • Gods/Goddesses: Din, Farore and Naryu (also called collectively Golden Goddesses), Eldin, Faron, Lanaryu and Ordona (the Spirits of Light), Hylia, Manalya, The Triforce
  • Negative entities: Demons (collective term), Calamity Ganon (also called The Demon King), The Granter of Boons, Vaati (Demise and Ghirahim have probably been long forgotten at this point by the Hylians)
Faith of the Tracks
  • Main faith of New Hyrule. All positive New Hylians believe in this faith. It's derived from the Faith of the Golden Goddesses, but over the centuries it changed becoming only loosely related.
  • Holy Sites: TBD, but probably five islands on the eastern coast of Hyrule.
  • Gods/Goddesses: Ciela, Leaf and Neri (The Three Sprits), Zephos and Cyclos (The Gods of Wind), Hylia, The Ocean King, The Spirit Train, The Spirits of Good, The Triforce
  • Negative Entities: Demons (collective term), Malladus, The Demon Train, Bellum, Skeldritch, Cole
Cult of Ganon
  • Yiga Clan's Faith. Is specifically set on praying Calamity Ganon and against the Royal Family and Goddess Hylia.
  • Holy Sites: TBD, but certainly one will be the Yiga's hideout and the Spring of Power
  • God: Calamity Ganon (The Yiga do not pray generically to other demons, but are a monotheistic Cult set on Ganon)
  • Negative Entities: The Goddesses, Hylia (Also called simply The Goddess), Hyrule Royal Family (Blood of the Goddess)
Demons' Cult
  • The Cult of any monster and most negative characters (except for the Yiga Clan).
  • Holy Sites: TBD, one will be the Sping of Power
  • Gods: Demise (The First Demon King), Ghirahim (The Sword of the Demon King), Vaati (The Second Demon King), Ganon (The Great Demon King), Malladus (The Eastern Demon King), Bellum (The Demon King of the Ocean), Demons (collective term)
  • Negative Entities: The Golden Goddesses, Hylia (The Goddess), The Spirits of Good, The Ocean King, Batraux (The Demon Traitor)
The Giants Faith
  • The Cult of Termina. All Termineans believe in this faith.
  • Holy Sites: TBD, honestly no idea for now
  • Gods: The Four Giants, The Goddess of Time, The Fierce Deity
  • Negative Entities: Majora (sometimes called The Devil)
The Lorule Triforce
  • The Cult of Lorule. All Loruleans believe in this faith.
  • Holy Sites: TBD, like for the Giants Faith.
  • God: The Triforce
  • Negative Entities: Ganon, Yuga the Traitor, Demons (collective term)

I'm 100% into this idea
I am very happy to hear that

I am also very happy to say that @Snow Crystal has expressed interest in making the map for this mod. I really thank him, even only for the interest in a mod that is in such an early stage.

Just to nitpick, I wouldn't set the Triforce as a "deity" (in HF game terms) as it could be better represented as a unique, very powerful artifact, imo.

It could be replaced in the Faith of the Golden Godesses by "The Seven Sages" as they are an important pillar of that religion ?

Also, for cultures, what about the Twilis ?

Just to nitpick, I wouldn't set the Triforce as a "deity" (in HF game terms) as it could be better represented as a unique, very powerful artifact, imo.

It could be replaced in the Faith of the Golden Godesses by "The Seven Sages" as they are an important pillar of that religion ?

Also, for cultures, what about the Twilis ?
You make a good point on the Triforce for the Faith. I Think I Will leave it as a deity only for New Hyruleans.

I was thinking of using the Seven Sages as a college of cardinals, I Will just have to look into it. I don't know if they work as gods because their existence is somewhat of a secret for the General public.

As for the Twili, I just don't know if It's worth it to add a third/fourth mongol horde-like event. I don't want to risk for the game to be overcrowded with event-spawned troops.

I think Gerudos should be prevented completely from marrying in a vanilla way.

Instead, when Gerudo rulers come of age, they should get a special "Voi Hunt" decision where they leave on a pilgrimage-like event chain to find a husband (and all sorts of things could happen).

I think Gerudos should be prevented completely from marrying in a vanilla way.

Instead, when Gerudo rulers come of age, they should get a special "Voi Hunt" decision where they leave on a pilgrimage-like event chain to find a husband (and all sorts of things could happen).
That is a very good idea, and very amusing for players. It's unfortunate that there seems to be no way to lock Gerudo to only give birth to female (like in canon), but I will find a workaround for it.

That is a very good idea, and very amusing for players. It's unfortunate that there seems to be no way to lock Gerudo to only give birth to female (like in canon), but I will find a workaround for it.
I'm not a modder, so I don't know if it's possible, but maybe it could be set so that 100 % of male gerudo babies would die in childbirth ? (Or be killed by an invisible event the day after they are born ?)

(With the one-in-a-century male being created via event ?)

I'm not a modder, so I don't know if it's possible, but maybe it could be set so that 100 % of male gerudo babies would die in childbirth ? (Or be killed by an invisible event the day after they are born ?)

(With the one-in-a-century male being created via event ?)
I was considering that, my only problem with it (besides finding out if it's possible) is that it would mean effectively wasting nine months to have the child. I may do it, but only as a last option.

As for the one-per-century child, are we sure that still happens post-Ganon?