• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thales von Dasos

Private
22 Badges
Sep 5, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Whenever I try to join a multiplayer match or when a friend tries to join one I host, the game stops responding for the joining person (so either me or my friend). After several minutes of not responding it says "Game not found". This happens to me both when trying to join my friend's game or a random game. (A clean reinstall didn't change anything)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    83,1 KB · Views: 0
Has MP ever worked for you with this game? Or never yet?

What version and checksum do you see in the MP lobby, when loaded with no mods active?

Sorry, I should have made clear - both you AND your friend see that identical version and checksum in the MP lobby?

Do either of you happen to use an MP helper app called GameFirst? If so please unload it, it can cause this.

Our similar game Crusader Kings 2 is free to play on Steam now. Does it have the same problem?

This is to see if you have a general problem, or just confined to EU4.

And, can either of you play with any third person? This is to see which of you two has the problem.

You probably have the Windows Defender firewall active, make sure eu4.exe, ck2game.exe and steam.exe are allowed through in the Public and Private Domains there.

Are you connected wired or wireless? Whichever one, can you try the other?

Do you have any other local machine to test this on? This is to see if it's an issue in this machine, or your local network.

I see, so it's very likely a network issue - internet router/modem or ISP.

Can you take your laptop to another network and see if it has the same problem there?

Alright! It must be your local network (modem/router) or your ISP then.

Can you check with your ISP that they don't block any of those Steam ports, in either UDP or TCP?