• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

karma827

Recruit
6 Badges
Apr 26, 2014
  • Impire
  • Magicka
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Hello! I'm new to forum posting so please forgive me in advance for anything I do poorly.

I am having an issue that seems to occur during single player game play, and causes my computer to restart. This only happens while playing Warlock, or Warlock 2. It originally started in my Warlock 1 game during my late-game stages recently. It's been happening pretty consistently over the last few days now, so when it happened lat night I remembered there was the 2nd game, and I wanted to check it out anyway, so I bought it last night. Happily I load up Warlock 2, and I barely made it through turn 1 before my computer restarted. You can imagine my dismay! I've searched through the forums and am not seeing where anyone else has reported this issue yet. It seems that I can stay at the start screen in Warlock 2 (the one where you choose to continue your last game, start a new game, etc.) for however long, and I tried going into the mods area and making a few customized things. It's possible I didn't stay in the mods area long enough (it was maybe 10 minutes), but my computer didn't restart then either. I verified my Steam game cache, and re-ran the DXSetup, vcredist_x64, and vcredit_x86 installers. I go back into my saved single player game, and within the turn, my computer restarts again. I tried turning the Vsync on, went into my save, computer restarted almost immediately (I think I got through the "End Turn" AI rotation once, and started turn 2 before it restarted). Turned the vsync back off, and started a new single player game, computer restarts again during the first turn. I'm feeling a little stuck as to what to try next.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit with an Nvidia GeForce GTX580 video card. 4GB of memory on an Intel i5-3450 3.50GHz CPU. I don't seem to get any error messages; if I do, they probably vanish during my computer restarting. I've created a zip files of my log files from today (I just installed the game last night), because frankly I'm not sure which ones are related to this issue. I've also included my DXdiag 64-bit information.

I truly hope I've given you enough information to help me. I know it's not a lot to go on, but it truly seem that there's any commonality in the times that it crashes, except that it's happening during single player game-play, and only with this game, and Warlock 1. I'm able to play all of my other Steam games with no issue (including Skyrim, Creeper World 3 to name a few other recent games I've been playing on Steam). I haven't tested any multiplayer features at this time because I'm honestly not interested in playing multiplayer at this time. I will test if it will be of use.

Please let me know if I can share anything additionally in order to provide enough information to be helped. I thank you in advance for your time and for your assistance with my trouble!

- karma827

Thank you for providing good information. Since it seems to be limited to your computer I'm not sure how much we can figure out, but I will ask the developers if they have any good ideas.