• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ailysha

Recruit
6 Badges
May 16, 2020
  • Magicka
  • Magicka 2
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Hello,
I'm on my first playthrough, around sol 150, and the game keeps crashing seemingly randomly. It's been happening from the first day and there does not seem to be a specific trigger for it, it sometimes even happens while the game is paused, and the time between crashes varies widely too - sometimes I can play for 4 hours without a crash, and then sometimes I get one every 5 minutes. I've already done a few things suggested in other topics, such as verifying game files, turning off cloud save or clean reinstalling graphics drivers.
I haven't been able to make sense of the dump file much so I'd appreciate if someone can find where the issue is, I'd really like to put more time into the game but right now it's a bit frustrating to lose progress so often.

If there's any additional info I should mention let me know, specs should be in the dump file.

Attachments

• Ailysha-MarsEpic.exe-20200516-19.08.23-5de4f400.dmp
    5,5 MB · Views: 0
  • MarsEpic.exe-20200516-18.03.02-5de4f400.log
    1,7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Only the devs can read those dump files.

That log just stops after the sound card detection, not actual crash or error there. Was that taken just after one of these crashes? If not can we get one from then please?

That was one from the session right after a crash. I don't know why, but the ones from the sessions that crash disappear on the game closing, and the ones from the next startup look like that. I went into the game just now to check if it still happens, this is the log from the startup after that crash - a bit more content but not sure if anything in there is helpful.
Is there anything else I can look at/send in that could clear things up since the dmp file doesn't help?

Attachments

• MarsEpic.exe-20200518-09.20.04-5de4f400.log
    6 KB · Views: 0
I don't know why, but the ones from the sessions that crash disappear on the game closing, and the ones from the next startup look like that.
Each time you run the game it overwrites the old log file with the new log file. But immediately after a crash the log showing that crash should still be there until you next run the game.

Anyway in that new log we can see what happens after the previous log stops - and it's all Epic-related:
[EOS SDK] LogEOS: Running task=FGameStartupNotificationTask
time 0:00:01:485
DTM started in 2048 mb
time 0:00:01:719
[EOS SDK] LogEOS: Task FGameStartupNotificationTask complete in 1.66s
time 0:00:11:250
[EOS SDK] LogEOSAuth: Sending User Auth request. url=<Redacted>
time 0:00:12:079
[EOS SDK] LogEOSAuth: UserAuth Success
etc etc. I think you have an Epic problem, not a game issue!

If this were Steam I'd suggest a clean reinstall of Steam and game. I don't have a canned process for that for Epic, hopefully their suport site can help you with that.

Good luck!

Each time you run the game it overwrites the old log file with the new log file. But immediately after a crash the log showing that crash should still be there until you next run the game.

Then I think my game is generally behaving funny, because by now I have about ten logs in the logs folder, none of them get overwritten...

Anyways, thanks for your help, I guess I'll have to try reaching out to Epic.
Have a good day!