• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No

There is not, and there shouldn't be. Things happen because of things that happened before them; to change hundreds of years of history and expect to get the same occurrence is absurd.

• 2Like
Reactions:
There is not, and there shouldn't be. Things happen because of things that happened before them; to change hundreds of years of history and expect to get the same occurrence is absurd.
Calm down. What if there is a Norse settlement in north France? If there are similar circumstances, wouldn't it make sense that something similar would occur?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Calm down.
I'm perfectly calm, thank you.
What if there is a Norse settlement in north France? If there are similar circumstances, wouldn't it make sense that something similar would occur?
No, it wouldn't. There's no reason why it would be inevitable for a ruler of a Norse-descended settlement in northern France to invade England in 1066.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'd say it's about the same level of evitability as, say, Genghis Khan. There is no reason why the mongols should be united at that particular time, yet we have specific events for exactly that, right up to the ability to trigger it very close to the historical year. So if you want William the Conquerer, by all means mod it :)

(Historically, there have been plenty of "small" invasions from the steppes, but big ones are much rarer; only the huns and the mongols spring to mind, and those are 1000 years apart. So the possibility of a major invasion certainly exists, but I can find exactly zero reasons why it should happen around that time; there seems to have been nothing particular about mongolian lands at the time.)

• 1Like
Reactions: