Will we see an IOS / IPad version?

Will we see an IOS / IPad version?

• Hello Everyone, Today we've upgraded to the latest version of our forum software, bringing more features and better performance to the community. As always, we appreciate your bug reports and feedback, and you can post all of that here, as well as view the list of new features
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

sbalani

Second Lieutenant
102 Badges
Jul 13, 2015
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Knights of Honor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
Considering that there is a nintendo switch version in the works, the Ipad has really come about as a strong contender to the handheld gaming market. Furthermore apple has enabled both controller & KBM support, effectively making it my laptop replacement.

Please don't make me lug around my laptop just to play this (and other paradox games), when 95% of what I do these days my ipad can do.

I could get the switch version, but likely the smaller screen, lower resoltion, and probably lower framerate just make it a less appealing version...i'm sure the Ipad version could absolutely destroy the switch one.

Please consider an IOS version, the market is completely different to what it was a few years ago.

Ps2nic

First Lieutenant
Jan 11, 2020
No idea, chum. Sounds tempting, but remapping a lot of controls and doing a lot of downscaling (because mobile) sounds time consuming. If Surviving the Aftermath proves to be profitable after launch, maybe the ports will be made.

Alias_RM13

First Lieutenant
Mar 29, 2020
Honestly, I can't see it happening, if it did it would most like be a 3rd party developer with a license and would end up being a dumb a** pay to win / wait 1 million years for a colonist to harvest 1 plastic type deal. Basically the same as Simcity BuildIt with a post apoc reskin.
It would be cool to have a ipad version of the full game as could then play it anywhere but if it took time away from the devs to work on it instead of the PC/Console versions then I'd rather it stayed in the not very likely pile of ideas on the CEOs desk.