• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's fine- this happens all the time. We trust that you will return,and until then good luck.

I do not know if i will actually continue this, but I'm making this bit anyways, we'll see in the next few days if i want to continue the revival of this. I gave up on making a working event chain, although all events preceding work fine. For some reason this one just didn't want to so I've just literally rolled a dice on which country goes where and am editing events/savefiles to make it work.

Chapter Six-Part One: The Human race unites the Internationale

From Liberatadors and Fosters: A history of the American Continents in the Last Great War

...Beginning in Late December, ranging from approximately 20th of December towards 26th of December of 1946, a massive Soviet Undertaking took place across South and Central America...
An otherwise unexpected move by a previously understated Communist insurgencies across the continent coordinated attempts to coup all governments and militaries to the Comintern Alliance... Poor Allied communication infrastructure and otherwise ignored warnings of the region left much of Allied command unknowing of the rebellions until days after they had occured.

... In Argentina the coup was doomed to failure. Without the gain of popular support from the corrupt or like-minded within the Military and Government hierarchy lead to a standoff in the Liberatador's makeshift compound in the Western edges of Buenos Aires. The compound and its occupants were dismantled by Argentine Guard Artillery...

...Santiago, Chile was a battleground between the Liberatador fighters and the sitting Government. Many of Argentina's Communist fighters had crossed into Chile at the beginning of the rebellion to help where they had a chance to overthrow the Allied government... eventually the exhausted state army surrendered hoping for reprieve. Any of the officers claiming to whole-heartedly support the revolution were imprisoned awaiting processing. All else were executed...

... Bolivia had been mostly spared from the Liberatador Rising. Strategically unimportant and "militarily weak" the organisation of the Revolution in Bolivia was faulted and the Government retained power... Further proving to be a minor aim, Bolivia was from both sides at the time to be allowed Neutral for both side's strategic advantage...

...Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ... the State Army had otherwise been abandoned, surrendered or retreated to Sau Paulo and Rio De Janiero... and in Rio de Janeiro itself nearing Liberatador Victory, Artillery was aimed and fired at the Christ the Redeemer statue upon Corcovado Mountain overlooking the city... The Communist guard soon halted the fire to lessen public anger, but not before the right arm of the statue and part of the face had been blown away, and other parts of the statue damaged...

After days of fighting which cost tens of thousands of lives and completely diverted the United State's attention, South America was now divided between the Comintern alliance and the United Nations alliance.

ita092ym5.jpg

Meanwhile in Italy, this would have otherwise meant nothing if not for the Brazilian volunteer "Costa e Silva" Motorised Division currently stationed outside Genoa. This could have spelt disaster if the army was sympathetic to the Liberatadors, if the news had reached them earlier. Due to the poor allied communication and desire to keep the South American expeditionary units stationed in Europe, the news was witheld, by the time it had reached the division the Liberatadors had gained control over the major Brazilian cities. Most of the fighters continued however to serve the United Nations alliance, but 20% of the soldiers had conscientiously objected and would remain under Allied Internment for the time being.

Chapter Six-Part Two: 'Twas the Night after Christmas
The newly assigned commander of the Brazilian troops Mannerini looked on in dismay. News had reached the former commander Silva that Brazil had gone into a civil war, that had in reality, been well ended by the time the news reached him. About 2,000 of the 7,400 strong division had either gone with Silva to somehow retake Brazil, or were arrested on suspicion of Communist ties. What was left was a half-equipped division, outdated, with low morale and organisation, that spoke a language few could translate to Italian.

Regardless he had his orders to reinforce Milan.

ita093xq2.jpg

Meanwhile in Ferrara Caruso and Graziani were in debate over whether to reinforce Venice.
C: "It's just too risky, we already know from Aerial reconnaisance they have at least 26 divisions advancing from all directions."
G: "But surely not all of them are advancing at once"
C: "I don't want to take that chance, we've not got any soldiers to keep hold of the river."
G: "We have the french"
C: "Oh yes because they've proven useful to us so far"
G: "Yes, they have... We have our back and sides covered, and we will retreat at the first sign of a massive enemy attack... it's a safe strategy if only one that can only bring us benefit."
ita094nf1.jpg

C: "And it turns out no, it hasn't, i'm pulling my troops back, you can stay if you want but i don't have high hopes for your survival."
ita095yn3.jpg

"Sir, the French have decided to supply us with Blueprints, except..."
"Except it's nothing of grave importance... not like we could have ever expected much greater"
ita096jk8.jpg

A meeting of the ministry was called with haste and little detail. Guido Jung put forward the issue at hand.
Jung:"There is something of greater importance Sir Caruso has put forward however, with their recent failing incursion into Venice they have spotted large forces in Southern Germany and Austria that seem to be heading our way..."
Caruso:"Quite frankly, if these forces present any intention of attacking Italy proper, which i suspect they do after the Soviet's loss in Milan, our defensive lines will not hold, and i have to put forward these facts..."
Caruso pulled out a large map hastily drawn.
ita097fp8.jpg

Caruso: "The Red line Is our current position behind the River Po and the Adda River, and the numbers in Red are the standard figures of how much potential production we lose from a base of 80."
Umberto: "Then can't our soldiers just hold these rivers or are they too cowardice"
Ancelotti: "I have great faith in my army King, but from the figures Caruso is giving us i do not think we will be able to hold just that easily"
Caruso: "As i continue, The Blue line therefore is our most likely held..."
Ancelotti: "Wait stop i thought our original plan was to hold the Po"
Caruso: "It's too broad a front, if the Soviets break through at any of the many points we could have our army split in two"
Umberto: "So if the blue numbers are in the same fashion then you're saying if we fall back that far we've lost over 60% of our production i can't just let you think we will roll back that easily"
Jung: "With all do respect sir, it doesn't matter, if we lose all of that industry we will whether we defend it or not, that's not the purpose of this meeting... We have to decide how much of Italy we are willing to sacrifice to make a full defensive fortified line"
Caruso: "But it's not just as simple as that blue line, Jung's telling me that the first of these fortifications themselves would take between 4 and 5 months to be built and operational and the effects of just the small scales might not be enough... and then we have the Green line..."
Umberto: "No, no i'm not letting you say we don't even try and defend Rome"
Caruso: "There's no choice, it's in no way able to be defended"
Ancelotti: " Jung, look at the numbers, i don't need to be an administrator to know that we won't have much at all by the time we get to this Green Line to even build these fortifications, let alone losing the Mountainous terrain advantage"
Jung: "Which is why we must decide very soon if we are going to make any fortified line, we could possibly build enough just to defend this Green line"
Caruso: "Or risk having build defences at this Blue Line that well be overrun before completion or not enough to halt an advance."

The bickering would continue with no result for that meeting.

Out of AAR: This is a serious thing for me though, i've been tweaking the Soviet AI to make a massive attack on me soon so i might have to decide whether i'll build any forts at all... So give some advice :p

Hold the blue line at all costs - it's just two provinces you have to defend, in a hilly terrain, compared to three provinces on the green line with no terrain advantage over the enemy. Forget about the forts, they're not worth it.

Damn, a nuke would solve a lot of problems here...

Indeed, you have to hold the blue line. While the Green Line could, possibly, be held with enough forts there'd be so little of Italy left it's not really worth it.

As for forts, as I understand it there only any good in massed numbers, for instance I think the AI will fail to attack any province with a Lev 10 fort in it.

Unless manpower is very low, surely massed infantry would be a better investment?

Great to see it back. :)

My vote's on blue line, as well.

Nice looking AAR you've got going here! Especially seeing as it is Italy.

As for the Defense Lines I would go with the Blue Line.

Winner: No nukes in Italy ktnx :D

Pip: Not really, wouldn't be able to supply them. Also it's a bit of massochism that I'd rather have epic half-defences or the story of forts that took ages to build but held only 2 days or were run over before completion etc.

Thanks guys, update later tonight after 'mah stoaries'

I'd advise against moving everything to the blue line. Some reserve force would be good to counter-attack any soviet bridgeheads.

Not a step back! :)

Read it, will continue following it...

I always liked lost causes... :D

Concerning problems with getting the Soviet Union AI to do anything i've decided to prematurely start a small section of this AAR that goes into narrative...

Chapter 7 - Part One: Plot

Giorno sat at the window looking out at the Tuscan countryside, an expression which would seem neutral to those who knew him, but he had 'that' face. Short eyebrows sharply curving down to the nose, and the weight of his cheeks gave him a permanent frown. There was much bitterness in his eyes, but there was no real history to know if or what had happened to him.

"Giorno, the meeting is again waiting for you", a sarcastic smile across Antoni's face.
"Yes yes, I'm coming", he said, without breaking his gaze.
Antoni slapped him over the back of the head with a book lying on the bedside table, "'not going to tell you again, now come on"

As they walked down the narrow avenues of Florence, Antoni, without breaking eye contact to the twenty centimetres of air in front of his eyes stated in monotone, "So i see you've finally gotten around to reading Gramsci"
"That crap puts me to sleep", Giorno's eyebrows made a faint attempt to scorn more than they did by default.
"Gramsci was a great pioneer of our truth, I would advise not scorning your own beliefs"
"He may have inspired you in believing in logic with the capitalists, but you and I know quite well that's a fallacy in itself"
"We can't alienate the same people we believe in, that's not what the revolution was started for"
"They are already alienated, we let them find their own path and they murdered us. And you are a true ideologue if you think..." Giorno paused as they passed another huddled overcoat, "... that Russia would ever let you test Gramsci's silly rants" he whispered beneath his hand.

Antoni remained silent for the next street until he opened the door for Giorno, "I only know we deserve what we will earn". The building itself was a shoe crafting store with living quarters upstairs. It had been abandoned since the Allies swept through in 1944, as the people who had occupied it after the forced removal of the Jewish occupants fled fearing retribution. Since then it had been reoccupied by a man claiming to be a relative of the former Jewish occupants, and certain meetings had taken place.

"Ah, cousin Michel, Paul, so glad to see you", was the audible greeting they received as the successive doors were shut behind them, "About bloody time"
"I think you will find what I have to present quite worth the wait", Giorno smirked.

At the meeting were the regular heads of the Tuscan branch of the PCI, the Partito Communista Italiano. While the Tuscan branch of the PCI was indeed the strongest, the Party's higher echelons rarely ventured, for their own safety, to these meetings. There were several ragged militiamen, barely worth their own names in contributions to the meetings, and the greatest risk of exposing the meetings, but giving them the fake sense of privilege and direct orders helped keep their system efficient enough.

Crisó had become the more respected overviewer of the meetings and he himself would deliver the messages to the apparent hierarchy that many doubted existed. He was a Republican veteran of the Spanish Civil War and the Maquis in Vichy France, and shared a common bitter tie with Giorno.

"So men, here is the preliminary planning we have, for this proposal I submit", Giorno gave a little bow after throwing the letter to Crisó, passing it around the room until finally reaching Antoni.
"How do you even expect this to be true?", one of the ragged unnamed inquired.
"My source is deep and trustworthy"
"Just like that, it drops into your lap then?"
"I have known this man for years, I know his persuasions and I can trust him"
Antoni, slightly pale in the face, butted in, "This is far too early for such rash measures Giorni"
"We take the advantage now when we have it"
"There will always be another chance, if we strike now it can only work against us", Antoni flailed his arms about, which may have impressed a crowd at a podium but did little here.
"We have one chance, right now Antoni, don't you dare take the revolution away from us", Until now Giorni's face had remained rather still, but his eyes lit up and his voice got harsher.
Crisó butted in quickly, "Settle gentlemen, This country is no Paradise yet, so let us take to vote. Who is for.."

Each successive man had angry stares from Giorni and Antoni, but out of the 14 there, 10 raised their arms for Giorni.

"Then it is settled Giorni, reaffirm with your contact and keep within whisper range, My superiors may want to meet with this man."

"So have the communists reviewed the information?"
"Yes General, they seem eager to go through with it"
"Excellent, I'll be in touch soon"

Last edited: