Will we be able to put portraits/busts/statues of the great leaders in our family history in our throne room?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've requested since CK2 times that we could somehow see the ideal image of our deceased ancestors. When we look at the list of kings during the end, it's just a bunch of old guys. I want to remember them as they were in their prime.

Therefore, I agree with your suggestion that it would be nice to have statues or busts or previous rulers - in their prime.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I've requested since CK2 times that we could somehow see the ideal image of our deceased ancestors. When we look at the list of kings during the end, it's just a bunch of old guys. I want to remember them as they were in their prime.

Therefore, I agree with your suggestion that it would be nice to have statues or busts or previous rulers - in their prime.

And also if you use natural primitivism you get a collection of fat old guys since fat is hard baked into aging.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't think we've seen that yet so probably not.

I wonder how hard it would be to just take the existing character model, give it a marble texture, and plop it statically on a pedestal.

Though badly designed representations of my rulers would be perfectly acceptable and historic to me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It could be a nice addition for the future. However it would probably need to be "regionalized" like a lot of court features. Not everyone on the map made realistic statues out of stone, or painted realistic portraits, at the time.
Maybe it should instead be a type of artifacts that you can have in your court for certain cultures?