• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tilarium

Colonel
116 Badges
Apr 26, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
As we learned with Surviving the Aftermath, you guys are fine with taking sacks of cash to force your fans to use crappy launchers. So, my question is will this be going Epic exclusive too?

• 5Like
Reactions:
The difference is that surviveing is published by pxd not developed by pdx I think

Still a publisher control the flow of funds, yes they may have not done anything developing related. They are still the biggest influence and at times controller of the source funds for the game itself. *cough*Electronic Arts amazing management skills*cough*

Reactions:
I'm entirely fine with them taking their published games into Epic - as long as they keep their promise of their in house titles being on steam

As long as the game is good, I'll get it :)

The difference is that surviveing is published by pxd not developed by pdx I think

This one's also published by paradox. Paradox might however own the company in question, but I'm not sure about that.

Reactions:
As we learned with Surviving the Aftermath, you guys are fine with taking sacks of cash to force your fans to use crappy launchers. So, my question is will this be going Epic exclusive too?

Isn't it only on Epic during its early access period? I want to know if Empire of Sins will be having an early access, and if that will be exclusive or not.

This one's also published by paradox. Paradox might however own the company in question, but I'm not sure about that.

Romero Games Ltd. is an independent game studio that was established on August 11, 2015.

Reactions:
Actually, it looks like Paradox going to do selling-and-launching platform ("crappy launcher") of them own.

Reactions:
Well, I meant they're going to make it a main platform for the titles they publish, but it's possible I felt behind already.

Reactions:
I didnt even know about Surviving the Aftermath because I dont look at the epic store - I go on there rarely. Go on Steam daily because all my games are on there. An interesting problem for certain developers, in that whilst they may get a stack of cash from Epic for the game itself, what if the number of people actually buying the game is significantly lower just down to the fact not many people know it exists? How will that affect DLC sales? For a company like Paradox who make most of their revenue from DLC and Expacs, that could be a killer for a title.

Reactions:
I didnt even know about Surviving the Aftermath because I dont look at the epic store - I go on there rarely. Go on Steam daily because all my games are on there. An interesting problem for certain developers, in that whilst they may get a stack of cash from Epic for the game itself, what if the number of people actually buying the game is significantly lower just down to the fact not many people know it exists? How will that affect DLC sales? For a company like Paradox who make most of their revenue from DLC and Expacs, that could be a killer for a title.

Depends. If your targeting older individuals steam is probably better. However, most of the younger market uses Epic Store. They also don't get cash from Epic unless sales are below expectations. They do however get a much better return from each sale. So they are better off releasing the game first on Epic(Getting all the sales they can at a much higher profit), then releasing on steam for the rest of the sales they would have gotten anyway. This way a game can sell much fewer copies before breaking even. Which means more resources can be spent on making a better game.

Epic isn't bad actually, I like it

• 2Haha
Reactions:
If it does it moves down the wishlist for a year and will probably at least take a sale to get me to purchase it by then, not to mention give me a lot of time to judge the game's reception before making a purchase and see how well (or not) it's supported.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I really don't care about the launcher it is published on. I don't need gamer's profile, broadcasting, forums, user reviews, screenshot sharing or wish-lists. As long as mod-distribution works conveniently I am fine with Paradox/Romero Games earning considerably more money off each sale than they would be making on Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really don't care about the launcher it is published on. I don't need gamer's profile, broadcasting, forums, user reviews, screenshot sharing or wish-lists. As long as mod-distribution works conveniently I am fine with Paradox/Romero Games earning considerably more money off each sale than they would be making on Steam.

Amen ! Finally an adult...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Amen ! Finally an adult...

I personally do care. And not because I have anything against epic (I don't really know them). I rather keep my games at one account. I rather not have a different place just for that one game. and if you keep doing this you can just end up with like 5 game libraries just for one off exclusive games. It would be annoying to remember of wich game library has what at the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: