• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A good idea, and quite historical, but probably beyond the scope of the game.

Perhaps an event could be triggered with a major defeat...

Steele

I don't see how it is possible in terms of battle losses. Although, trigger could exist to the effect of, unless Paris is captured by Christmas +5 dissent, with additional triggers all the way till the end. Likewise for the French, if they don't win quick take away 500 manpower or something.

I think that taking away manpower is a little harsh, as not many people avoided the draft, but increasing dissent if certain goals are not met within a certain time frame is a good idea.

Is there any way to trigger events with a victory or defeat?

Steele

something you might consider is using the command being used for the bitter peace with the USSR, for example if France has lost 10% of its national territory, a dissent command could trigger as that would most likely represent the general feeling the war is going bad.

In my opinion, manpower values should be lowered a bit. This way running out of manpower and high dissent will couple up to really crush a nation.

Imagine playing Germany and its 1917 and you have 45% dissent and 5 manpower :D

I'm not sure this is possible as I've never been much of an event scriptor but maybe you could set it so if Germany doesnt own 5% of France by 1916 ( or whatnot ) an event triggers that maybe reduces french dissent slightly and increases german dissent signifigantly.

Its a delicate situation somewhat, since you need to balance who should get what and at what control values, since Germany really didnt get that far into France, and the Entente never got into Germany to my knowledge. But its an idea to play with.

annexing big countries should be much harder than in HOI.
also, the terms of winning a war must differ significantly from HOI. you win a war if you can manage some mayor battlevictories and/or take a very few big provincies.

i would add some events like:
- pilot XXX becomes a national hero-->dissent decreases; IC increases
- pilot XXX (already a hero) dies in battle--> dissent increases; IC decreases

the same could be made for submarine commanders.

main battles like Marne, Verdun, Tannenberg etc. should have an effect on people's behaviour.

Steele, there is no way to trigger events after certain defeats.

Jaron, we'll probably include those sorts of events. How do you mean by event infrastructure?

Quetzok, there is no way to make annexing "harder", if you mean by having to do more than capturing capital + VP-provinces, but of course it is possible to alter VP-values and provinces. The pilot thing won't work. There is no "becomes national hero" or "dies in battle" in HoI, what do you mean?

/Johan