• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Abnwtwtud

Lt. General
116 Badges
Jul 25, 2009
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Starvoid
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Seeing as this is a fantasy universe where the evil overlord won, I sincerely hope that the elven races will be included somewhere within. If so, what will our extermination options be to rid our new utopia of lesser creatures?

Seeing as this is a fantasy universe where the evil overlord won, I sincerely hope that the elven races will be included somewhere within. If so, what will our extermination options be to rid our new utopia of lesser creatures?
I must admit some humor in thinking of your horror if the overlord and his forces were Elvish...

Alright, you don't like a fictional race, so again we have to read your useless, annoying posts posts in every single thread that contains any game information...

Reactions:
I must admit some humor in thinking of your horror if the overlord and his forces were Elvish...

That is a notion I cannot even fathom considering.

Alright, you don't like a fictional race, so again we have to read your useless, annoying posts posts in every single thread that contains any game information...

I am asking a legitimate question about game mechanics and content. I would like to know if this fantasy universe will have elves and if we will be presented with the freedom to undertake their destruction. I don't know about you, but I certainly would like to know about the openness of an Obsidian RPG.

Same here. Although, full genocide doesn't fit well with Rpgs imo, it's more appropriate for strategy games.

It's still a question of choice and freedom that you're granted in an RPG. For example, in Fallout New Vegas (also Obsidian), you are free to shoot up any NCR or Legion soldiers the minute you see them, and the game is still a playable experience. In contrast, an "RPG" like Diablo, you are free only to kill what Blizzard wants you to kill, in the order Blizzard wants you to kill them. I just want more freedom with my slaughter.

I saw this thread coming... :)

What if the evil overlord has already exterminated the elves, leaving none for you?

I suspect that Obsidian has gone for non Tolkien fantasy races this time. At least Paradox's situation would allow for it, and their CEO Wester might have even picked the more "crazy" rpg worlds pitched or available.

OP, by any chance, do you look like this?

4382363-pelinalwhitestrake.jpg

Given that the Evil Overlord won (presumably by being the most evil), and that elves are the most evil race, it seems logical to assume that either elves work for the Evil Overlord, or the Evil Overlord actually is an elf.

Given that the Evil Overlord won (presumably by being the most evil), and that elves are the most evil race, it seems logical to assume that either elves work for the Evil Overlord, or the Evil Overlord actually is an elf.

Even better, maybe they're obsidian skinned dark elves! ;):p Oh and they've already exterminated humans so you can't choose them in character creation! :D

It would certainty be a unique experience if the Elves were actually the bad guys instead of being goody to shoes.
I don't know, dark elves are pretty common in fiction I'd say. Now I am not saying I would mind a dominatrix elf being the evil overlord, but I think a typical evil overlord might be more thematic.

Dark elf evil isn't fun, High elven snotty, holier-than-thou evil is better.
Like the Thalmor.

Lol.

The question no one wants to ask, but we all want to know the answer to.