• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ExuberantTopHat

Corporal
16 Badges
May 6, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
Sefl explanatory question: Has there been any talk of starting development on a sequel to Vic II? Have any developers leaked any juicy info on the future of the Victoria series?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sefl explanatory question: Has there been any talk of starting development on a sequel to Vic II? Have any developers leaked any juicy info on the future of the Victoria series?

No, unless if it happened on Discord or reddit, but i suppose it would have be mentioned here as well if so.

Apart from the "we haven't found a developer in the company who has an idea how" statement made years ago.

It was mentioned at some point that there were no plans NOT to make a sequel, but that an expansion was not going to happen in the next year or so. That was a couple of years ago. As far as we know, it's a "back burner" kind of thing which will likely happen "some day", but probably not in the near future. There's some circumstantial evidence that there may be some preliminary work being done on it, possibly to occupy people who are between other tasks, but almost certainly not a lot of resources being dedicated to it (yet).

Reactions:
It was mentioned at some point that there were no plans NOT to make a sequel, but that an expansion was not going to happen in the next year or so. That was a couple of years ago. As far as we know, it's a "back burner" kind of thing which will likely happen "some day", but probably not in the near future. There's some circumstantial evidence that there may be some preliminary work being done on it, possibly to occupy people who are between other tasks, but almost certainly not a lot of resources being dedicated to it (yet).

I guess a lot of time is just spent on R&D. You have to have the ideas and a plan to execute your ideas before actually starting development. I hold out hope that they are still in the brainstorming phase and will move on to actual development soon.

I'm reading a history of Austria-Hungary right now... I'm ready for a V3.

Changing the colors for this part of the forum doesn't count as V3, but it is nice to know they're thinking about us...

• 2Like
Reactions:
EU IV Emperor will be the same as Holy Fury for CK II, last dlc. After that they will announce Victoria III. It is under development right now, and will be scheduled for 2021.

Source: Trust me bro.

• 10Haha
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Reactions:
I'm not advocating either trust or hope, but it seems to me if we are to get what we all want, then it might behoove is all to play the game extensively and exclusively on Steam where PDS is *probably* getting all their stats for deciding whether or not the game is still worth investing in.

All conjecture on my part. Who knows?

Reactions:
Well, I'm reading a history of A-H (A Mad Catastrophe, by Wawro), so it's only a matter of time before I fire it up again.

And I finished a Russia run last week. So much fun to be Russia when Heavenly Kingdom wins out... Peking is there for the taking, and all that iron in Chengde!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Now if I can just find the time to practice what I preach. :rolleyes:

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

Reactions:
Victoria needs a rebranding and title change or augmentation.

A google search of 'Victoria' shows no game.

Victoria needs a rebranding and title change or augmentation.

A google search of 'Victoria' shows no game.
We could call it "The Secrets of Victoria" and get a LOT of players... but they might downvote it when they rudely discover there's not a lot of visible underwear in the game...

• 2Haha
Reactions:
We could call it "The Secrets of Victoria" and get a LOT of players... but they might downvote it when they rudely discover there's not a lot of visible underwear in the game...
That just requires a few new art assets. Queen Victoria in lingerie..... Problem solved.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm all for re-branding.

I wandered over here looking for a mod that pushes the start date back to the 18th century. I'm surprised there isn't one (that still works) because I think Victoria's mechanics can handle it in a way EU IV (which has been pushed as far as the 10,000th century) can't handle even the French Revolution or early industrialization.

Which got me thinking that Victoria III should really start around Westphalia. It'd require some dynasty mechanics and a political system that simulates estates rather than ideologies, but the political system is Victoria II's weakest and Victoria III should really have a (limited) character system anyway. The existing ideologies work pretty seamlessly with religion post-Westphalia.

The only thing you'd really need is a new name.

• 3Like
Reactions: