Will the bug where nations dont leave Coalitions ever be resolved ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Phatkoch69

Sergeant
20 Badges
Nov 1, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
So this bug has been in the game as long as I can recall, its where you get nations up to 50 relations with you and they don't always drop out of a coalition against you.

Having to restart the game to get this to happen is getting a bit old now.

Just wondering if it's unsolvable for some reason or if its just not been something the devs have given any priority to resolving?

Reactions:
I think the issue is that it is tied to the attitude change, which is something rather clunky in EU4 in general. I would also like to see this smoother and also generally bound to clearer rules (although that is more of an issue for friendly / hostile ).

The current state goes both ways though: the change to outraged /joining the coalition can also be delayed giving you some extra time to improve relations.

Reactions:
If I read the wiki correctly, +50 relations is not enough, they also need to have AE under 50 to change attitude. And even when under 50 AE and over +50 relations rivalry or religious leagues can affect the calculations (although I don't know if it's possible to get over +50 relations in those cases). I've had many occasions where countries stay in coalition when there's less than 50AE and better than +50 relations, so supposedly there are also some other things they consider. Perhaps threatened attitude. Haven't really thought about this as I've gotten so used to it.

The wiki, and my previous experience, tell that saving and reloading can force the game to do some calculations, including leaving coalitions. Is there something one can do in game to trigger those calculations?

Reactions:
So this bug has been in the game as long as I can recall, its where you get nations up to 50 relations with you and they don't always drop out of a coalition against you.

Having to restart the game to get this to happen is getting a bit old now.

Just wondering if it's unsolvable for some reason or if its just not been something the devs have given any priority to resolving?
You have to get them over 50 relations for their attitude to actually flip. 50 won't cut it, you need to get to 53+ I've found.

Secondly, it is annoying, but just reload the game. It'll cause them to leave 100% of the time.

've had many occasions where countries stay in coalition when there's less than 50AE and better than +50 relations, so supposedly there are also some other things they consider.
Often if you save the game then load that save they leave very fast.

Reactions:
If I read the wiki correctly, +50 relations is not enough, they also need to have AE under 50 to change attitude. And even when under 50 AE and over +50 relations rivalry or religious leagues can affect the calculations (although I don't know if it's possible to get over +50 relations in those cases). I've had many occasions where countries stay in coalition when there's less than 50AE and better than +50 relations, so supposedly there are also some other things they consider. Perhaps threatened attitude. Haven't really thought about this as I've gotten so used to it.

The wiki, and my previous experience, tell that saving and reloading can force the game to do some calculations, including leaving coalitions. Is there something one can do in game to trigger those calculations?
No, +51 relations is necessary, but also sufficient, they will then flip out of the outraged attitude (at latest upon reload) and leave the coalition, even if they have 100 AE accumulated (of course than its increasingly difficult to get them to +50). The below 50 AE is an alternative way, but what I just learned on the Wiki, apparently only works if ALL coalition members get below 50.

I don't think that any additional factores, such as getting them much higher than +50 relations plays any role at all (I am not sure about thispoint though). I think it ultimately comes down to the game taking an unknown time to automatically do a recalculation of the attitude. You can force that via reload which is a very reliable way to get them out of coalitions, if the conditions are met. It is not always necessary, usually waiting for a couple of months does the trick too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is definitely +51 relations, not AE under 50 but both count as the poster mentioned above. Can be easily tested in any game.

Alternatively, upgrading Mil Tech, having a larger army and having stronger allies can prevent a coalition forming and can dismantle one.

Reactions: