Will Leviathan DLC, and its accompanying patch fix old bugs?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RichardOlcese

Colonel
46 Badges
Jun 20, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
1.31 needs to be the bug fixer. The solving patch. The patch that listens to us, the community, and eliminates those nasty bugs we have been constantly denouncing. I don't care about new mechanics or flavoury thingies, as much as I care about bug fixing. I am sure you'll agree with me, fellow EU4 gamer. Is it there, for instance, still a bug that prevents the birth of female heirs, outside of events? Have you heard of any other bugs the next patch will solve? Which bugs are, in your opinion, a priority to be fixed?

• 4Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
They said something about "over 500 bug fixes" in a dev diary, which is a meaningless statement. Most of them are likely localization bugs and various other ui bugs. Maybe a few actual impactful bugs have been fixed, but likely most of the bugs will not be. This has been the case for years now, and expecting anything different would just be silly.
Also, new patches introduce more and more bugs, including bugs with new features, such as the Council of Trent(a particularly good example of a completely terrible and bugged feature).

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
If by old bugs you mean really old entrenched ones, then I would say if they had known how to fix them, then they would have done so already. There certainly will be some old bugs fixed that have managed to elude them, like database fixes, but in general I would expect nothing major. Most fixes will be things broken by previous patches, like various AI fixes.

Reactions:
LOL, they don't get paid for fixing bugs, so forget it

In the German version there are some minor bugs, with names of cultures and provinces, like two provinces of Pringnitz and two lower saxon cultures, cmon it takes so little time to fix that it is just lazy by now. I think the problem was, that the team got changed right after the release, there was no continuity.

Last edited:
1.31 needs to be the bug fixer.
What people have to realize is the thing that the base-game doesn't get a "patch", but an "update" so that the newest DLC numero 17 ( "Leviathan" ) will work with it. AAAnd that's pretty much it.
If any, expect some hotfixes afterwards until the next "update" and DLC numero 18 ( "YOLO" ) will arrive.

Oh, but wait, any update will contain patch-stuff ( completions, fixes, optimisations and balancing ) as well !
I mean, that's what the marketing tells you, but the devil is in the details ... As much as Paradox tends to puff up its patch-notes like when they waste an entire patch-note-line in order to inform you about this one word they've changed so that this one tooltip, localisation or typo got fixed.

• 2Like
Reactions: