• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HonorKnight

Colonel
53 Badges
Feb 22, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Magicka
It’s been said that we will be a “thinblood”, meaning a 14th or 15th generation vampire, having little of the blood of Cain in us. This would put a very low limit on our maximum potential power according to the standard game rules, unless we are able to Diablerize other vampires to lower our generation. Any word on whether Diablerie will be a mechanic of this game?

Last edited:
Probably you will be able to commit Diablerie, but surely it will trigger a very high AE ;)

Thinblood? I hope not. I want to play as a proper vampire, not one of those that usually gets killed on sight by most factions.
According to https://www.usgamer.net/articles/vampire-masquerade-bloodlines-2-first-details (If the link gets erased by a moderator, google "usgamer First Details on Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2")

"As for choosing your vampire type, you will initially begin as a 'Thinblood Vampire,' which will earn you access to one of three new discipline tracks: Chiropteran, which will allow you to control bats; Nebulation, which lets you become mist, and Mentalism, which gives you telekinetic abilities. Choosing a clan will come much later, after you've had a chance to acclimate to the game."

Last edited:
How exactly will we -choose- a clan ingame in -VTM-?!
As I understand it, someone performs a mass-embrace of an unknown number of fledgling thinblood vampires in a park, as some sort of terrorist type act. The powers-that-be hold a "trial" for you, argue about which clan may be responsible for your existence, and ultimately decide to execute you. But you escape due to a sudden fire that disperses everyone. So you start as a scum-of-the-earth clanless thinblood vampire on the hit list of all the clans. Apparently somehow in the story you gain more prestige and respect (and, one hopes, power), and some clan accepts you into their fold. We'll see how the storytellers justify that.

Would be cool if you could stay a thin-blood throughout the entirety of the game, especially if the goal is to stay human and indiscriminately destroy as many vampires as possible which seems like a pretty reasonable response to being forcibly embraced(probably by Anarchs) and then sentenced to death(probably by the Camarilla).

Basically sacrifice alot of potential vampiric powers in exchange for easily keeping your humanity high.

Last edited:
As I understand it, someone performs a mass-embrace of an unknown number of fledgling thinblood vampires in a park, as some sort of terrorist type act. The powers-that-be hold a "trial" for you, argue about which clan may be responsible for your existence, and ultimately decide to execute you. But you escape due to a sudden fire that disperses everyone. So you start as a scum-of-the-earth clanless thinblood vampire on the hit list of all the clans. Apparently somehow in the story you gain more prestige and respect (and, one hopes, power), and some clan accepts you into their fold. We'll see how the storytellers justify that.
Would be way better if we started as human and the prologue would lead us to be embraced by one of the clans. I don't like playing as thinbloods and never have.

If the game experience of starting out as a bastard thinblood on run, is anything like the feel I got from the 'We eat blood and all our friends are dead' game, then I am sold on the idea. I really like the feel of getting introduced to the Jyhad through hints, bits and pieces as youre struggling to survive and find out what the hell is going on.

After playing that mobile game, I really prefer that over the way Bloodlines 1 did it where you get settled into Vampire society and the Jyhad from the get go. I like the feel of desparation and abandonment from the ignorant Thinblood perspective.

Completely random guess: as part of the early main quest, after you've learned a bit about each clan, you discover one of the conspirators that are responsible for the entire thin-blood-thing, and be reward by getting to diablerize them. Depending on your favorite clan (which you will somehow express? Maybe by deciding whom to hand them over to. Or maybe the game just asks...), they'll just happen to be the "right" vamp.

VtMB2 is using V5 which has Thinbloods as a playable option in the Rulebook with the ability to become a full Clan Vampire if they diablerize a full vampire, becoming a vampire of that Clan.
I wonder what else they'll use from V5?

Because if there is the partially breached masquerade that could be cool, I really want the opportunity to face off against government wetworks teams :D

VtMB2 is using V5 which has Thinbloods as a playable option in the Rulebook with the ability to become a full Clan Vampire if they diablerize a full vampire, becoming a vampire of that Clan.
Guess I shouldn't be surprised V5 did a thing like that. Not really a fan of the mass embrace start to be honest, but having played the tabletop via online means with others, I'm more someone who prefers the more personal approach between sire and childe.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised V5 did a thing like that. Not really a fan of the mass embrace start to be honest, but having played the tabletop via online means with others, I'm more someone who prefers the more personal approach between sire and childe.
Understandable, though I think it's worth mentioning that a lack of a sire-childe relationship is fairly normal by Bloodlines standards considering that the first game had the Sire executed immediately after they sired the PC ;)

That wouldn't really work in this game as just like in the original, you're going to be something of free agent among the various players and factions of Seattle. Having that kind of Sire/Childe stuff would tie the PC to the Sire and their faction and schemes. And if the Sire gets axed like in VtMB1, it's kind pointless.

Not to mention they'd have to do for every playable Clan as having the Sire be the same regardless of Clan would ruin that whole thing. Which would take more time and money to do.

Plus if the rumors of them adding more playable clans via FLC later on is true, they'd have to do that for them as well.

On the upside, starting as thin-blooded may afford us an intense survival experience where we could gradually be introduced to the Masquerade and the dark secret world we suddelny find ourselves in. If they do it right it could enhance the game-experience quite a bit.

It's imo just the classic equivalent of "protagonists have no family". The player is basically always independent with parents dead or absent or otherwise made irrelevant and nobody else close around either, precisely so they are "freed up" to do whatever they want.

And of course a wink to the original Bloodlines, too.

e: and agreed about the thin blood thing; the one thing that games did too much lately was immediately start with the "YOU ARE THE SUPERAWESOME CHOSEN ONE". It's a good opportunity to go back to the "rise through the ranks" scheme ^^;