• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellently written AAR and well played by all.

Too bad though that the Allies gave up at the point, it could have made for another trip around the roller-coaster of a game all of you played. It seems the allies could have retreated in order using the maginot line for the immediate speed bump, and long enough to send some of those under supplied US forces in Germany back to the transports and down through the strait of Gibralter finally re-landing them in Rome or north of Rome. This would have blocked/stopped supply of all of the Italians in southern France. Somewhere along the coast and the Italian invasion forces supply route would have certainly been undefended. It would have been one hell of a right hook from the allies right as it appeared that the slugfest was over.

At any rate, great game! Looking forward to the next AAR.

Edit: It seems I have confused one aspect of this game with another. I've just re-read, apparently the Itailian invasion into southern France was aborted after too little gain. Still, a landing in Italy could have been a mighty blow to the Axis at this point.

I agree with you to the fullest. I think it could have been an interesting game should it have continued. But off course, it would be a long time of beatings for the Allies (UK/USA) before they could start to really punch back. On the other hand, a lot of minors had already joined up with the Allies so Axis would have to fight off enemies from all direction. Well well. We will never know...

For all you guys who have been around long enough to have enjoyed my first AAR - it is now part of the 2010 Iron HeAARt Nominations. Feel free to nominate Wildfires - or any of the other splendid AARs of course ;)