• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm probably getting very late, but it was only yesterday that I downloaded the Titanium version.

The "assasinate minister" mission seems to be bugged, the game CTDs. I've tried all the other missions and they work well, it's just the assasinate minister one. Not that I'm going to miss it a lot, but still...

I have not used this mission for years so if it is bugged, don't worry and don't use it. It only ruins the game. HoI is not about assassinations.

WiF is one of the most "complete" and bugfree mods, enjoy it without assassinations.

I have not used this mission for years so if it is bugged, don't worry and don't use it. It only ruins the game. HoI is not about assassinations.

WiF is one of the most "complete" and bugfree mods, enjoy it without assassinations.

One of the things I like most about this mod is that ministers will actually get assassinated which I had never seen before. Incidentally I once tried to assassinate Valera and it worked (if I remember correctly I may have assassinated a few more Irish ministers) I am pretty sure that I was playing Titanium.

Bug with Standard Sue for Peace Events

I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this bug but when I was playing as Japan on a Normal/Normal WiF game against the computer during the war with China the random sue for peace events do not appear to work properly. Please note that these sue for peace events are not the Fall of the Chinese Dragon war ending event but rather the ones that the AI sends on a regular basis when you are winning. I accidentally accepted one of these but the war still continued. I received the territory that was offered and the consumer goods went back to pre-war requirements but I was still at war with China and could sieze and lose territories as I opted to continue playing for several more game weeks to study this anomaly. I did restart the game and was able to repeat this situation. Assuming this is indeed a bug and not some install issue with my computer I would understand if it is not patched due to efforts with Darkest Hour and WiF2 although I hope that it does not exist in those games. In addition it can be avoided by the user by simply refusing the peace offers and take the war to its official event completion.

One other minor issue I noted during a couple of games as Japan is that the United Kingdom might declare war on Tanna Tuva during the Winter War thus placing it at war with the Soviet Union. This happened roughly two out of five times that I have played and am unsure if that was intended by design.

Other than that I have been quite impressed by the increase in difficulty against the AI as compared to the standard HOI2 game. WiF certainly makes you pay for any mistakes in production, diplomacy and battle tactics.

WiF tends to have problems when you don't follow the way it is meant to be played. While playing WiF I recommend to avoid standard sue for peace, as well as manual DoW etc. Just follow the historical events. Yes, China is hard to beat. Try again and lead your troops to complete victory! :)

I tried installing the WiF files (Titanium and before that Platinum) in a fresh folder with copies of the Doomsday vanilla (straight off the disk) files and folders. There seemed to be a fault with line 973 of the /tech/armour_tech.txt file unknown which or wrong value for fire_controll_l or something like that.

Is this because it is expecting Armageddon? Do I have to pay extra for that or is it an update for Doomsday?