• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everybody,

I'm am Spanish HOI 2 DDA user. Recently I discovered this mod, and decided to test it. Sadly, it's imposible to install. I have tried both Titanium and Platinum editions.

My path of instalation is as follows:

1. HOI2 DD + Armageddon + 1.2 + 1.3 Beta 2
2. WiF folder (copy/paste).

The 1.2 Armageddon path is the Spanish one. Could this be the problem? Should I install the 1.2 path in English?

I would thank any help you give me.

Regards!!!

The 1.2 Armageddon path is the Spanish one. Could this be the problem? Should I install the 1.2 path in English?

I think that WiF should at least launch properly, even with the Spanish 1.2 patch. The mod basically overwrites some files, that is all. But I cannot verify this so you would better install the English one.

Are you sure that you copied all the WiF folders in their respective places? Gfx folder should overwrite vanilla gfx etc...

I think that WiF should at least launch properly, even with the Spanish 1.2 patch. The mod basically overwrites some files, that is all. But I cannot verify this so you would better install the English one.

Are you sure that you copied all the WiF folders in their respective places? Gfx folder should overwrite vanilla gfx etc...

Hello LodovicoAriosto,

Thanks for your quick answer. Yes, I'm sure I've copied every folder in its respective place. I haven't got idea why I can't launch the game.

Well, if anybody more has an idea, it will be wellcome.

Regrets!

Hello everybody,

At least, I got the solution to my problem. A very kind partner in the Spanish Forum, whose nick is Fernando, explained to me. The problem was the language. In the next lines every one has the steps to install the WiF mod and to get it works. This is a solution for Spanish users. Although I think that this is a universal solution, I don't know if it works with games from another countries:

1. Install Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday + Armageddon.

2. Install the 1.2 patch.

3. Install the 1.3 beta 2 patch.

4. Open the "settings.cfg" file with the notepad, and change the language to 0.

5. Install the World in Flames mod (it works with both Platinum and Titanium).

6. Launch the game and play.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this. If I'm wrong, please warn it me.

Regards.

Last edited:
What was wrong with Spanish language ? Did the game crash ? Ferrim made an outstanding work on Spanish translation and the game is supposed to be playable in Spanish.

Hi Fernando Torres,

I installed the Spanish game and the followings patches and mod, and always crashed. A Spanish user (nicked Fernando) told me the solution. I'm not the one, several spanish users found the same problem. Nonetheless, the solution is easy: only change the language number to 0 (=english).

Congratulations for your mod, Torres.

Sorry boy, but I probably know much more about history than you do. Like most everyone else, I occupy the Rhineland as Germany in January 1936 unless specifically warned not to. There is nothing in the documentation provided that says that the event will not fire until March no matter what. And the unitnames problem is something that should have been worked on. Fernando is now working on it with the file I uploaded a few posts back.

Removed the SS Divisions (some of them) from the unitnames files, as they are duplicated by the special divisions.

Just dropped in to say that you are sounding like an annoying, ungrateful ass.

I know this is an old post that I am responding to, but this attitude of entitlement, over a work that you are enjoying completely for free, just gets my goat.

While of course requesting improvements is fine, to do so in the peremptory and insulting tone that you adopt is out of line. If you don't like it don't play it.

Last edited:
The game keeps crashing in February 1937, I have restarted the game a number of times and even tried reinstalling the mod but it still keeps crashing sometime in February 1937. I do not understand what I did wrong in it for that to be happening.

The game keeps crashing in February 1937, I have restarted the game a number of times and even tried reinstalling the mod but it still keeps crashing sometime in February 1937. I do not understand what I did wrong in it for that to be happening.

If you have HoI2 ARMA 1.3b in English then you should have no problem with WiF. The final version works like charm.

Make sure to have it installed properly.