• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yay, awesome AAR, glad to have you back. I am looking forward to see how your war with Italy and Yugoslavia go. Now that the bear is gobbling up the Baltic states, it makes your border with the Soviets longer... not good.

Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah!

It's good to see you back rob doing what you do best. I'm really impressed by the opening screen and your diplomacy poster... very well done.. although the latter seems to miss the Hungarian claims on Draculaland aka Transylvania ;)

However, leaving Lithuania to the Soviets would open up some encirclement options...

Great to see it back! Now Poland is getting ready to continue expanding. Manpower will definitely be necessary against the Soviet Union in a future war. Onwards to Yugoslavia or/and Italy!

Ow. I never go into the SU with less than at least 100 MP.

Probably the best AAR ever.
Awesome Graphics, or better to say eye candy; an ahistorical storyline of a Regional Power; great strategy; etc...

I´m looking forward to your future conquests and towards the final showdown with the SU. Are you planning to create a pan-slavic empire? It´s the first time I´ve seen most germanic people driven out of central europe.

Anyway nice update - keep it up.
How about some overview of your researches next time?

Ive done successful Barbarossa's with less than 10 MP and no loss of divisions. I think that robw963 should be able to pull it off.

Thank God, Rob, I thought we'd lost you. A great return, and seems there is yet more troubles around the corner that need you to sort them out... such is life.

Just did Latvia got eaten by Stalin? Or there is more to come?
Yes indeed...Latvia just got eaten and there's more to come there. The Soviets are cashing in on their now defunct M/vR pact in an attaept to stave off Polish expansionism.

Take Lithuania - Pilsudski was born there! (that is why he pushed to get wilno into Poland in first place)
It's tempting to grab it now....but I'll bide my time a bit with Lithuania. In time it will become mine...rest assurred.

Another thing. The only country that you can ally is Bulgaria - with others (Romania, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Italy...) you'll have 0% chance despite +200 relations.
In a conventional game, you're quite right, but remeber I've re-written many existing events and have added a fair amount of my own. I won't spoil it now, but suffice to say I have a means of solving the discord between Romania and Hungary in a way that benefits everyone...including Poland.

And shouldn't the western allies counter this soviet move?
Should they? YES! Will they? Of course not!

Yay, awesome AAR, glad to have you back. I am looking forward to see how your war with Italy and Yugoslavia go. Now that the bear is gobbling up the Baltic states, it makes your border with the Soviets longer... not good.
A longer border, within reason, is not necessarily a bad thing. It presents some excellent encirclement opportunities.

It's good to see you back rob doing what you do best. I'm really impressed by the opening screen and your diplomacy poster... very well done.. although the latter seems to miss the Hungarian claims on Draculaland aka Transylvania ;)
My particular focus in that screen was the mix of claims on Yugoslavian territory by its neighbors. I would have been a complicated mess to show claims on other countries.

However, leaving Lithuania to the Soviets would open up some encirclement options...
Exactly! :D

Ow. I never go into the SU with less than at least 100 MP.
I tend to agree with trekaddict...although truthfully? I doubt I'll be able to achieve that. Manpower is a serious limitation on Poland.

I´m looking forward to your future conquests and towards the final showdown with the SU. Are you planning to create a pan-slavic empire? It´s the first time I´ve seen most germanic people driven out of central europe.
How about some overview of your researches next time?
That is indeed the basic idea here. I will not be achieving a Międzymorze styled eastern europe, but I do intend to make Poland a rally point for anti-Russian, pro Slavic sentiment. As for research, It just so happened that in the time frame covered in my last update (May 1- June 2 1940)no research was completed, but when research is completed I typically do a few screen detailing research progress and intentions. It's coming :)

Ive done successful Barbarossa's with less than 10 MP and no loss of divisions. I think that robw963 should be able to pull it off.
I'm hoping you're right...in fact I'm counting on it ;)

Thanks to eo everyone for the nice words of encouragement. I know I made everyone wait a LONG time for that last update, but I believe I can get back into a rhythm again. I appreciate the patience and I'm glad to back at it again.

It's back! Horray!
But don't you dare to attack your slavic brothers!
Attack Mussolini instead!

That is indeed the basic idea here. I will not be achieving a Międzymorze styled eastern europe, but I do intend to make Poland a rally point for anti-Russian, pro Slavic sentiment.

Excellent as usual.

One thing to add, as usual, it is a real challenge to find a realisitc scenario where Poland attacks any of the southern states:

- relationship was pretty good with all of them (don't know anything about Albania, but it doesn't matter),

- virtually all Balcan states were major importers of Polish made weaponry, except Hungary - Romania and Bulgaria especially.
The second bought over 150 airplanes from Poland before September 1939 - with about 2/3 received before the war, Polish engineers actually helped to build Bulgarian aircraft industry and that is the reason why Poland sold even those PZL 43 in 1939. The last fact is barely known and I found about it only recently from Bulgarian sources.
The first was an ally against the Soviets and received or was supposed to receive large quantities of airplanes (with licenses), AT and AA cannons - the funds were used to build the factories in the COP industrial complex.

- Hungary were probably always a friendly country and nation, especially after the Hungarian Revolution in 1848-49 - its leadership was no different.

- Greece and Turkey were buying weaponry and had both really good relations with Poland, Turkish attitude is somehow legendary because since the partitions and the XIXth century attempts to form Polish troops under Turkish protection.

Yugoslavia had rather warm relationship too... but I guess you are making the right choice to pick them from the entire Balcan set.
This way you could 'feed' Hungary, Bulgaria and release some puppets - or just one - namely Croatia if it is still possible to keep something allowing accessing the sea.

Romania could be given some ex-Soviet territories instead.

In general a very interesting situation, but since I've started digging pieces of information about all those Poland's neighbours and all possible scenarios... it really is an extremely interesting subject, even if not my favourite. :)

Long story short - Poland keeps Slovenia, Hungary gets Croatia, MAcedonia goes to Bulgaria and the leftovers shall be named Serbia :D.

I wonder if it's not too gamey to take over some of those countries, then release them as puppets and take full military control over them. Especially those with low IC/manpower.

It provides you with excelent number (since they are using full IC/manpower, they are able to sqeeze more out of their territory then you)basic infantry units on your technological level (since you released them, they get all the techs you had at release moment).

Only problem is its quite long term tactics, as it takes your puppets a while to build up. Nevertheless, I can vouch its valid tactics - I often use it as Japan - those auxilinary units are fantastic line holders and in worst case, occupation force.

And of course diplomatic backlash might be problem too - with all the agressive wars you are risking Allies/Soviets starting the war against you too soon.

Just read through brilliant AAR graphics are awesome,

Question though what happens if Piłsudski runs out of room for his ribbons?:p

Yay, new update, I must catch up after all that time ;)

Is an alliance with Turkey remotely possible? How about Finland?

v-salaisuus.jpg

I guess there was something... :)

FInland had a secret agreement with Estonia (and this way with Latvia).

Both countries were going to block the Finnish Gulf in case of a conflict with the Soviets.
They even created some form of HQ for the entire project allowing Finnish commanders to command Estonian coastal batteries and vice versa.
That is why Estonia (and Latvia) bought those submarines in 1930s.

IN addiiton to that Poland was very intrested in the entire project. Polish Navy was supposed to protect trade routes from Gdynia where over 80 % of Poland's export and 65 % of import was going through.
The main possible enemy was the Soviet navy, especially their large destroyers (Kirov class CAs were not ready yet and the subs had rather poor range and other capabilities) and old battleships.

That is why Poland bought those large DDs and powerful subs (Orzel-class submarines had 12 torpedo tubes !) as well as all these minelayers.

The plan was quite similar to the one Estonia and Finland had - to block the gulf (real danger caused by mines in internationalwaters could be a major threat) and kill the Ganguts with subs if possible while strong Burza and Grom-class DDS protect the shipping.

Of course Poland had some sort of agreement with Estonia about information gathering + Estonian and Latvian military cooperated with that of Poland to some degree.

So to answer your question - for which I wasn't asked, but you will get it anyway :p - I think that the key is in Estonia.
The annexation of latvia would cause massive changes in the entire region - cannot see any reason why Poland couldn't use the opportunity - especially with Riga seabase in Soviet hands which... changes situation a little.
Of course with no Germany around the safety of the shiplines is not such a terrible problem anymore, but Soviet submarines in the Danzig Gulf became the much feared reality...

This long post should also make some people realise why Poland invested so much resurces in its navy - which is sometimes criticised, unfairly I could say.:cool: