• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Impressive so far, for several reasons:
1. Excellent graphics.
2. Excellent information density - good explanation of gameplay with historical flavour.
3. Excellent performance in-game - Poland is a very hard nation with which to be successful.
Keep up the good work!

robw963 said:
welcome! sorry to hear about your mono...that's no fun. I can promise you an update this weekend though...hopefully that will help take the edge off the mono, even if just a little bit.

Not just a little. I heard your AAR is so awesome that it is considered an aphrodisiac in Poland and a couple of other Central European countries. :rofl:

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 3 - Changes, Firsts and the Plight of Friends

header9.jpg

February 2 - March 6, 1940 - Diplomacy:

As I continue to press forward with my diplomatic efforts, I begin to realize that my current Foreign Minister (Józef Beck) is costing me more money than I can really afford. To address this problem, I make the decision on February 24th to replace him with August Zaleski. This will save 19 Money for every influence attempt I make on any foreign country. Since I intend to continue my diplomatic push, the savings over time will be considerable.

020240_diplo.jpg

February 5, 1940 - 0:00 - Basic Light Tank Research Complete:

PZInz completes research on Basic Light Tank (Lt Arm II - 7TP). Since I have committed myself to a pathway of building Lt Arm I - TK-S armored divisions and upgrading them to the Lt Arm III - 10TP, I will not be building any 7TP equipped armored divisions. The cost savings is too great to ignore (see this post). For the next research project, I assign Fab Broni Radom to begin research into Improved Infantry Division. I won't build any further infantry until this research is complete. My goal will be to have completely upgraded my entire infantry force to at least Infantry '41 for my planned invasion of the USSR.

020508_research.jpg

February 8, 1940 - 0:00 - Rear Area Vehicle Repair Shop Research Compete:

Fab Starachowice completes Rear Area Vehicle Repair Shop (Repair Modifier +20%, Air Base Production Bonus +10%). I decide to leverage this research by beginning a serial run of Air Bases. These are cheap and don't cost any manpower and I anticipate needing large air bases along the Soviet frontier. Continuing my research, I then assign Fab Starachowice to begin research of Semi-Motorized Cavalry Division. Depending on the exact timing, I may consider using upgraded cavalry divisions along with my armored formations.

020808_research.jpg

020808_production.jpg

February 5-30, 1940 - Internal Security Update:

By February 14, I have finished bringing my counter-intelligence forces up to full strength and I immediately begin to conduct counter-intelligence operations. Within a few weeks, I have neutralized 3 enemy spy operations. I still have a long way to go, but it's a start.

020540_dwojka.jpg

February 5 - 30, 1940 - Trade Update:

The Port of Gdynia is booming as I receive a steady stream of trade offers from foreign countries. I'd like to begin warming relations with Romania and Hungary, so I make a few gestures to each of them. Romania accepts my generous offer, but Hungary is less willing. Clearly I'll need to use more diplomacy if I want to get closer to them.

020540_trades.jpg

February 19, 1940 - 0:00 - Militia Deployment - Prague:

My 3rd Militia division arrives and is immediately deployed to Prague. The Czechs continue to be a problem from a revolt risk standpoint. Currently I'm focusing my garrisons in German IC-heavy provinces, but to help avoid revolt outbreaks, I'll keep a decent sized militia presence in Czech territory.

anim61.gif

February 21, 1940 - 1:00 - Arrival of My First Air Unit:

My first Tactical Bomber arrives and is deployed into Berlin. This is a modest start, but as gearing kicks in and my interceptors begin to come online, I intend to have a strong air force in place in time for an attack on the Soviet Union.

anim62.gif

February 22, 1940 - 1:00 - The Empire of Japan:

During my distractions with the preparation for and eventual conflict with Germany, Japan was busily conquering China and expanding it's power and influence in Asia. The have become a formidable power there with an impressive combination of land, air and sea forces. Clearly I'll need to keep my eye on their progress as I move forward.

022240_japan.jpg

February 28, 1940 - 0:00 - Garrison Deployment - Cologne:

My 6th Garrison division arrives and is placed in Cologne to help man the frontier and protect the significant Industrial Capacity there. This will free up 3/1 Kawaleria which I'll send to Pilsen to help control revolt risk in the Czech territories.

anim63.gif

February 29, 1940 - 01:00 - Winter War Update:

On February 19th, Soviet forces complete a devastating envirclement of Petsamo and destroy nearly all Finnish resistance in the north of Finland. This proves to be a decisive maneuver and by February 28th, the Finns are forced to sign an armistice and cede territory over to the Russians. They may have lost the war, but the Finns have survived to fight another day. I have every intention of giving them that other day.

anim60.gif

Last edited:
Deus Eversor said:
well taking those divs will make that germans will have equal nr of divs with you :D
138 - 18 = 120
118 - 0 = 118
well almost equal :]

now get claims on lithuania the home region of pilsudski! do not forget the Rzeczypospolita Obojga Narodów! (and make it Trojga!!!!)
-11 garrisons

Damn, Finland got screwed over in that encounter, 7 Divisions to the Finns is like 5/8ths their Army, they probably lost their HQ and Mountaineers there too......

Day in day out with Poland it seems, I don't see why you don't put some Garrisons in Czechoslovakia and end the partisan menace there once and for all, you really dont need Garrisons watching the front of your Allies........

Very nice looking update though. :)

Chief Savage Ma said:
My history teacher said that the Polish army surrendered to aircraft (this was after she said Delaware seceded from the Union). Her ignorance is what inspired me to become a history teacher so that the kids don't think this bullshit is really true.
my history teacher said that after the fall of france the british made a nice neat line of ships in the channel, ignoring the luftwaffe, and stayed there for 4 years until the americans arrived and they launched dday, all while the, in this world massive, luftwaffe sat and watched. also, there were little differences between communists and nazis/facists...WHAT THE F***

THE_SMASHER said:
bout that, i was digging through this AAR for the past 2 hours since its a saturday night and i got plenty of time (my life aint too exciting)

You know, you can also edit your posts and delete 3 of them, and then move the contents of your posts into one single post.

But yay, an update!
A tank army for poland? :D

And why won't the french help garrisoning germany? :p

Another tantalizing update . I almost want to see a flash movie of this AAR ; it would be like a post-modern documentary ! The diplomatic moves increased the colour quotient significantly and the highlight on the Empire of Japan demonstrated your finesse as an artist with an Eastern themed interface . The spy ring infiltration was very fun to read and the mad rush to keep russia at bay while you speed up research and production keeps me at the edge of my seat !

Lastly , the nobility of Poland comes out . Let's give those Finns that other day !!!

canonized said:
Another tantalizing update . I almost want to see a flash movie of this AAR ; it would be like a post-modern documentary ! The diplomatic moves increased the colour quotient significantly and the highlight on the Empire of Japan demonstrated your finesse as an artist with an Eastern themed interface . The spy ring infiltration was very fun to read and the mad rush to keep russia at bay while you speed up research and production keeps me at the edge of my seat !

Lastly , the nobility of Poland comes out . Let's give those Finns that other day !!!
anyone here speak boring british and have lots of coffee?

THE_SMASHER said:
Knock off the spam posts.

_________

THE_SMASHER said:

...what an odd and uncalled for thing to say.

Regardless! Robw, I registered largely to comment on this AAR and implore you to go for a 'realistic' take on Poland's future rather than the WC you were originally intending - I could not post here until I had posted enough elsewhere on the board, but I am glad to see your other fans convinced you nevertheless.

You have truly created a spectacular feast for the eyes in this AAR, and both your skill at playing the game and creating events for it leave me salivating for what you have up your sleeve for the coming alliance against the Soviets and of course the conquest that will inevitably come - from my own very basic knowledge of historic Polish territories, I suspect you might claim huge swathes of land up to Smolensk and a fair bit of the Ukraine... I also wonder how you will deal with the USSR on its defeat. A unified but humiliated Soviet Union? Perhaps too dangerous. A resurgent Tsarist state too would have little love for the Poles. But a number of smaller states - Perhaps a rump puppet Ukraine and a carefully watched European Russia based around Moscow, then Siberia and the Central Asian states all brought into existence with a Polish 'guiding hand'...

...I'm getting so ahead of myself! Let's see if you can beat the bastards first. Onwards for Poland!

Let's think for a moment what IIRP would do in such situation after defeat of Germany and annexation of new territories (my personal thoughts):

1. Cede Memel back to Lithuania as a sign of good intentions (after all, whole Lithuania will be annexed, no doubt :p ).

2. Release Austria.

3. Release Czechoslovakia (without Ostrava) OR release Czech and Slovakia (plebiscite would decide).

4. Keep what left of Germany for a while (till defeat of Soviet Union), then release new Germany.

What do you say?

Hm... I wouldn't risk arguing about the post-war setup of provinces. Wielka Polska has been established, do not anger the writAAR ;)

The sight of Japan gave me an idea... In 1905, as the revolution spread across Russia, Józef Piłsudski went to Japan to ask the Asians to give support to the Polish independence movement. Perhaps you can forge an alliance with Japan against the Soviets? Abstract as it may seem, you currently share some things; hostility against the Soviet Union, mistrust towards the Allies... Even if it's made only an opportunistic alliance for the time of the Polish-Soviet war, it is worth a try, IMHO. The only problem would be to edit the save (or events) so that the Japanese won't make the Pearl Harbour mistake.

BTW, around V 1940 you should organise presidental elections. According to the April Constitution of 1935 (and the August Novelization of 1926) the president of the Republic should be elected by the Assembly of Electors (consisting of 85 people) for a term of 7 years. The last election in V 1933 elected Ignacy Mościcki for his 2nd term, so I guess it's about time. ;) The Consitution did not specify if a person mustn't be elected on a 3rd term, so Mościcki can stay... But mentioning it will surely made the AAR more interesting :)

Last edited: