• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent AAR. Can't wait that Piłsudski adds the red banner to his collection though you're making the peace time very interesting and you present HOI 2 as a real strategy game, as it should.

Wowzers Rob! You're getting better and better :eek:

Also I second Jape, the plane is pure win.

Kanitatlan said:
Those upgrade costs you've used assume no adjustments from slider positions. This seems a little unlikely so you probably need to make a second adjustment. This is affected by the army slider and economy slider.
Excellent point and slider effects on upgrade costs are not factored into my calculations over the long term investment. However, my expectation is to perform these upgrades during 1940-1941. I have an upcoming slider move in January 1940 which will essentially offset any slider bonues/penalties making my revised (2nd) calculation still basically valid. Here's how those numbers break down:

upgrade_slider.png

Nice update, looks like you have alot of work ahead of you, it will take awhile until Stalin get's friendly with you again.

Last edited:
no it will never come
stalin was always jelous about that that pilsudski had more incommon to lenin than had stalin
for example older brother of pilsudski was great friend and coconspirator with older brother of lenin!

Enewald said:
Maybe you can create the event now and claim that the the other slavs have not finished recovering frm the war and have now voted to be incorporated into a Pan-Slavic state? ;)
Hang tight...events along these lines are coming! I just need some plausible events to fall in place to make the incorporation of more cores more realistic.

canonized said:
Those poor Finns =( . We knew this would happen though .
I loved the little James Bond action there with the Walther XD
And amazing Edwardian format for the diplomatic pouch !
THAT was fun to make (the diplomatic screen). I tried hard to find good aerial photos of the 3 capitals and it ended up being a lot more difficult than I would have imagined. Moscow was especially difficult...I guess Stalin wasn't too keen on overflights photographing the city? Anyway...thanks for the comments. :)

cegorach said:
Nice inside joke or rather an important promise of certain, future ambitions. ;)
What? Hints? Jokes? I have no idea what you're referring to ;)

Colonel Bran said:
Wow you really make me want to hunger for peace in your games!
Anyway when do you suspect the soviets from taking the baltic?
The Soviet Baltic annexation events will occur on schedule during the coming summer and they'll provide the basis for some of the core events mentioned above to Enewald.

Awaru said:
Instead of LARM1 i would biuld ARM1, after all LARM3 will upgrade to ARM3 and upgrading ARM1 to ARM3 is probably cheaper than LARM1 to ARM3.
If I were playing Germany I would totally agree with you. But Poland is definitely not Germany. I just don't have the IC (and therefore TC) to support as many full blown armored units as I'm planning to need. So I'm going a poor man's armor route and plan to use LtArm III's as my primary armor unit for the campaign in Russia. This will allow me to make significant savings in oil, supplies and TC. It's will also add a bit more challenge.

Delex said:
Those pics rox.
Thanks! They're a blast to make! (but kind of time consuming)

Enewald said:
Maybe you could again try to demand soviet territory? :D
And sell some old stuff to the finns? :rolleyes: Or supplies! Or create a event like italy and germany have when they send divisions to aid franco in Spanish civil war, you could also loan divisions to finnland with an event, and after the war few of your divisions could have gained a lot of experience and generals gained skills and traits? ;)
Whew! You're killing me with all these ideas! Honestly, I really like your ideas a lot but at this point I'm going to stick with the new batch of events I've created and keep things moving forward.

Lascars said:
Excellent AAR. Can't wait that Piłsudski adds the red banner to his collection though you're making the peace time very interesting and you present HOI 2 as a real strategy game, as it should.
God I love this game and consider this AAR an expression of my adoration. Who in their right mind would conceive of a World War era simulator that allows you to recreate the era hour by hour? That's insane isn't it? But incredibly awesome! I'm breathlessly anticipating HOI3.

Jape said:
Great AAR here, as everyone in their right mind has said, brilliant graphics, I particularly like the Indiana Jones style plane hopping on the diplo updates :D
Thanks very much! I'm excited to see a new reader! (at least I think you're new to this AAR?...sorry if I'm wrong, I lose track sometimes). Either way, welcome here :)

Milites said:
Wowzers Rob! You're getting better and better :eek:
Also I second Jape, the plane is pure win.
Hey! you're supposed to making that beautiful new map in your cool AAR that you cruelly teased us with! (thanks for the nice words)

Maj. von Mauser said:
Nice update, looks like you have alot of wrok ahead of you, it will take awhile until Stalin get's friendly with you again.
Ehh...let's face it. I'm roleplaying to a large extent. I could influence the Soviet Union up to +200 and they could STILL DOW me...remember...I don't want him as a friend...I just want to lull him into believing I'm a peace loving guy (yeah right!)

Deus Eversor said:
no it will never come
stalin was always jelous about that that pilsudski had more incommon to lenin than had stalin
for example older brother of pilsudski was great friend and coconspirator with older brother of lenin!
I'm glad you're back man!..and you're totally right! The USSR is (properly) hard coded to to be the hostile, expansionist juggernaut of nastiness that they were in real life.

It seems, re: the sliders, that once you are over the hump in either direction, you might as well go to that extreme. Esp. re: Free Market. Its not really worth the IC boost and you have a huge army to upgrade anyway... :cool:

Well, I think the right time to add CZ leaders is when he gets cores on them.

cegorach said:
Nice inside joke or rather an important promise of certain, future ambitions. ;)

LOL. Is this somehow offending you? Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, Rob CAN'T speak polish so he propably didn't knew what he was posting. No doubt that all he wanted to do, was making this aar more beautiful than it already is, and such art is a great addon to this aar. And to all who don't know: this "registration card" concerns Poles who were in Baku, Azerbaijan, before we gained independence. So you could really take this as a joke, thinking that Rob wants to conquer USSR up to Caspian Sea :D

CthulhuPL said:
LOL. Is this somehow offending you? Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, Rob CAN'T speak polish so he propably didn't knew what he was posting. No doubt that all he wanted to do, was making this aar more beautiful than it already is, and such art is a great addon to this aar. And to all who don't know: this "registration card" concerns Poles who were in Baku, Azerbaijan, before we gained independence. So you could really take this as a joke, thinking that Rob wants to conquer USSR up to Caspian Sea :D

Good Lord suddenly it actually can be offensive ? Besides LESS direct and more subtle approach sometimes is a good idea (that is why I didn't write what you did).

robw963 said:
Ehh...let's face it. I'm roleplaying to a large extent. I could influence the Soviet Union up to +200 and they could STILL DOW me...remember...I don't want him as a friend...I just want to lull him into believing I'm a peace loving guy (yeah right!)

I know. :p

That's why you have alot of work. ;)

cegorach said:
Good Lord suddenly it actually can be offensive ? Besides LESS direct and more subtle approach sometimes is a good idea (that is why I didn't write what you did).

Aye, Captain! :p

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 3 - A New Decade: 1940

header8.jpg

January 1, 1940 - 01:00 - Slider Move:

A new decade arrives filled with promise for the Polish nation. My main priority this year will be the improvement of my military. Towards this end, my slider move for this year will be -1 towards Standing Army which will improve unit organization (+4%) and will also improve the experience of my manpower pool (+5%).

010140_slider.jpg

January 2, 1940 - 01:00 - Reinforcement:

I will now reinforce the battered divisions from the German campaign. Although the improvement is minor, waiting until now will help preserve approximately 2 points of experience per unit. Every little bit will help improve future combat performance.

010240_reinf.jpg

January 4, 1940 - 01:00 - Garrison Deployment - Vienna:

My 4th Garrison division arrives and is placed in Vienna where I intend to protect the 13 IC located in that province. Garrison production is beginning to accelerate now that the production gearing is beginning to kick in.

anim57.gif

January 5 - 25, 1940 - Diplomacy:

I'm beginning to restore relations with the western allies to a point where I can gain favorable technology trades. I don't expect to reamin in the alliance for that much longer, so I want to gain as many technologies as I can before they are no longer accessible. Despite Stalin's belligerence against my Finnish friends, I'll also continue to influence him as often as I can and for as long as I can afford it. It will be crucial to increase my Money income to sustain these efforts.

010540_diplo.jpg

January 7, 1940 - 01:00 - Assembly Line Experimentation Research Completed:

COP completes researching Assembly Line Experimentation (Industrial Efficiency Supplies +15%) and is then ordered to immediately being research of Vehicle Assembly Line. I'd like to get Vehicle Assembly Line researched as quickly as possible because this will give me a greater chance of building a significant armored force in time for a 1942 or possibly 1943 attack on the USSR. The tech improves build times for armored units and for motorized infantry along with a variety of other motorized type units.

010740_tech.jpg

January 7-25, 1940 - Internal Security Update:

Within a few weeks, I'll have a full complement of internal security operatives and I'll be able to begin rooting out foreign inflitrators to protect my technology and production assets. Until then, my operatives are collecting intelligence data on internal security threats.

010740_dwojka.jpg

January 7 - February 1, 1940 - Trade Update:

The French are finally loosening up somewhat and I'm able to forge several trade agreements with them netting me some eagerly needed cash. I'm also getting a surprising number of trade offers giving me supplies which I gladly take. Poland is quickly becoming the center of World Trade.

010540_trades.jpg

January 23, 1940 - 01:00 - Militia Deployment - Memel:

My 2nd Militia division arrives and is immediately deployed to Memel. Revolt risk is high there and I want to be sure to keep a watchful eye on the Lithuanians who would love nothing better than to recapture their lost access to the sea.

anim58.gif

February 1, 1940 - 01:00 - Winter War Update:

The Finns continue their brave defense against the the overwhelmingly larger Soviet war machine. Sadly, Another province is lost (Joensuu) and the prospects of Finnish victory grow dimmer. There's not much I can do to help them unfortunately.

020140_finsov.jpg

February 1, 1940 - 01:00 - Army Comparison:

Taking a peak at the ledger, I can see that Poland is currently 3rd in the world in the size of their national army. The Soviets are nearly twice as large with 10 armored divisions (poland currently has none). Clearly I have a long way to go before I can consider an attack against them.

020140_army.png

February 2, 1940 - 01:00 - Garrison Deployment - Berlin:

My 5th Garrison division arrives and is placed in Berlin to protect the 19 IC located in that province. This will free up the infantry korp currently stationed there for better use further east.

anim59.gif

February 3, 1940 - 0:00 - Basic Interceptor Research Completed:

PZL completes research of Basic Interceptor. To help develop my budding air force, I'll begin to research air doctrine technologies and I assign Rayski to being research of Force Substitution Doctrine. This is a key technology on the pathway to much better and more specialized air doctrines related to bombardment and improved interceptor capabilities.

020340_tech.jpg

I will immediately add a long serial run of 24 PZL P.50 interceptors to my production queue. I anticipate needing a strong air force not only for a campaign against the Soviets, but also to protect my industry from other potential threats to the west.

020340_prod.jpg

Last edited:
Nice update, you completed some decent techs, and started many important ones!

Sadly it looks as if the Finns will lose the Winter War.

Just so you know, the image you put for the deployment of a militia division to Memel, is actually that one where you deployed a garrision unit to Vienna.

Also, can you give us updates on the wars going on around the world? You haven't said anything about the war in China.

The Winter War is definitely going badly but it looks like you're using the distraction in excellent moves for preparation . My favourite piece of eye candy this time around was the military comparison lineup :D