• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Colonel Bran said:
Yea Poland lost a lot of people not to mention territory.
Like someone pointed out Poland has an artificial popultion meaning that Poland has almoste no other cultures in its boundries becouse of loss of territory and expulsion of the germans.
Indepence Day is for memory of 1918 year, not 1945 :) You shouldn't mix up I WW with 2 WW. Cegorach talked about First WW not the Second.
After I WW Poland GAINED independence (so territory also), but:
- all foreign rulers - Germany, Austria-Hungary and Russia mobilized Poles from own part of Poland to army,
- there were fights in Poland, country was ruined
- about 15% of population of territories of future independent Poland was deported, killed or wounded (about 0,5 million killed and 0,9 million wounded; in 1921 Population of Poland was about 27 millions of people)
- industry was in bad shape (about 30% destroyed, output in 1919 year was decrased to 30% of output from 1913 year).

So despite heavy loses I WW was succesful from polish point of view.
2 WW was completly different - there was about 5,5-6 millions killed people, we lost half of the country, and next gained 1/3... and for almost half century we become puppet state.

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 3 - The Bear Stirs

header6.jpg

November 29, 1939 - 0:00 - Shift to a Consumer Oriented Economy:

Steadily the effects of the annexation of Germany take hold and the Polish economy grows. This allows me to quickly whittle down the dissent hit incurred during the Victory Over Germany - A Moral Choice event. I'd like to knock off the dissent quickly so I can utilize the extra IC for a military growth program.

112939_production.jpg

December 1, 1939 - 1:00 - The Bear Stirs:

Without warning, the Soviets strike at Finland in an attempt to enforce their sphere of influence in the Baltic. It is a lop-sided war with gigantic Russia pitted against tiny Finland, but the recent purges in the Soviet military could possibly weaken the Soviet advantage. I have been eyeing Finland as a possible ally in my long term goal of an attack on the Soviet Union. This recent conflict can only serve to bolster my efforts to pull Finland into my own sphere of influence.

winterwar2.gif

The Winter War begins

120139_finsov.jpg

December 1, 1939 - 1:00 - Trade - Gdynia:

My resource situation has greatly improved since the acquisition of German territory allowing me to conduct trade with foreign nations. I'll get a variety of trade offers from various countries some of which I'll accept and others I will not. Generally my goal will be to trade resources for money (since I need lots of money right now for intelligence and diplomacy). But generally I'll accept any deal that gives me a good profit margin. I'll also take the opportunity to support Finland by offering them a not so profitble deal trading supplies for money. This can only improve my already good relations with them.

120139_trades.jpg

December 1, 1939 - 1:00 - Diplomacy - London and Paris:

Although I resent the duplicity of the western allies, I'll repair recently soured relations with them in order to maintain access to their superior technologies and favorable trade exchanges. These are not relationships I expect to be so well maintained over the long term.

120139_diplo.jpg

December 1, 1939 - 1:00 - Soviet Intelligence Report - Warsaw:

I receive a dubious intelligence report from Dwojka regarding Soviet military strength. At this stage, I just don't have enough intelligence presence in the Soviet Union to reliably read the potential there. My main focus right now is to purge Poland of foreign infiltrators...afterwards I can turn my attention outwards.

120439_2_dwojka.jpg

December 4, 1939 - 1:00 - Early Tank Development - Warsaw:

PZInz completes research of Early Tank and is immediately tasked with research of Basic Light Tank. Early Tank technology allows for the construction of the TK-S tankette, which is certainly not a fearsome weapon, but it will allow me to begin the construction of an armored force in anticipation of a Russian campaign.

120439_res.jpg

I immediately begin production of a long series of TK-S tankette equipped armored divisions. I'll likely be unable to support at 24 divisions currently allocated in the serial queue, but by reaching further than I think I might be able to support, I preserve the option to build all 24 down the road and derive the gearing bonus. Alternatively, I could wait longer until later model tank types are researched, but the advantages of the upgrade discount are hard to ignore. My goal is to develop Level III Light tank equipped armored divisions and the cheapest way to do so is to begin construction right now.

120439_production.jpg

December 4, 1939 - 1:00 - Garrison Deployment - Dresden:

My third garrison division arrives and is deployed to Dresden where there is a high concentration of industry, resources and dissent. I'm expecting the 12 garrisons and 12 militia units currently under construction to bear the full brunt of occupation duty in Germany so I can begin the process of shifting my army eastwards.

anim55.gif

120539_production.jpg

December 8, 1939 - 1:00 - A Continued Diplomatic Push - London and Paris:

After a week, I can try again with my diplomatic efforts with the UK and France. I attempt to strike a trade deal with the Britain to gain some money in exchange for supplies, however I am rudely rebuffed. My relations are still too low with France to attempt a similar trade offer, so I settle for influencing them instead.

120839_diplo.jpg

Last edited:
So the Bear rears its ugly head !

And good grief , rob . I think your artistic acumen has just increased by at least 120% in this update . I'm blown away by this eye candy !

So the Winter War starts two and a half months late... if the Finns survive, allying with you will look very good to them indeed.

I've been wondering for a while, what difficulty and aggressiveness settings are you using?

And yes, prettiest update yet.

Hopefully the Finns can keep out the Soviets for a while.

Good to see the industry doing well, conquering Germany always is a handy boost to the IC... ;)

Weird. In my games after I annex Germany, Soviet Union never attacks Finland. And the baltic states remain independent until I guarantee their independence and remain in the Allies...

Help the finns! :eek:
attack SU in defence of democracy! :D

Maybe you should incorporate czechs and slovaks into your greater west slavic empire? :D
And create cores on that land.

Alert! Massive amounts of eye-candy!

Great update! Now, when are you going to integrate the Czechs and Slovaks into Greater Poland?

Crush3r said:
Alert! Massive amounts of eye-candy!

Great update! Now, when are you going to integrate the Czechs and Slovaks into Greater Poland?

Agreed, waiting is always rewarded as every update is blast to read/watch!

Adding cores to Czechkoslovakia is a good idea in my opinion too but of course the author decides.

And as the Enewald suggested; help Finland as they may be potential ally to you!
Well, I don't suggest declaring war on SU, but how about self-made event that allows you to send volunteers + war material, war material or choose to don't send anything.

Von Perkele said:
Agreed, waiting is always rewarded as every update is blast to read/watch!

Adding cores to Czechkoslovakia is a good idea in my opinion too but of course the author decides.

And as the Enewald suggested; help Finland as they may be potential ally to you!
Well, I don't suggest declaring war on SU, but how about self-made event that allows you to send volunteers + war material, war material or choose to don't send anything.

This can be simillar to Spanish Civil War and USRR and Germany event. If you send volunteers and Finland keep their independence, you can earn one or two blueprints (something about infantry, maybe mountain infantry or something about tactics). But you risk some mp (maybe 10 or 20 - one or two infantry divisions).

I believe the cores question has been settled once and for all ;)

Well, Poland's too weak to help the Finns right away. Nevertheless, should Finland withstand the onslaught, they indeed. But it may require a rapid blitzkrieg in the North, so that you can link up with their forces ASAP once the war breaks out.

And what about Lithuania? Estonia and Latvia have been either friendly (Latvia) or neutral (Estonia) towards Poland in RL, but the Lithuanians, with a constant urge to regain Wilno, have been a sworn enemies for the Second Republic. What will you do with them?

And one thing. 7TP was armed with 37mm cannon, not 20mm ;) It's not your fault (damn Paradox techtree), but I just wanted to correct a mistake.

This is so good that it has to be fattening :D

Jedrek said:
And what about Lithuania? Estonia and Latvia have been either friendly (Latvia) or neutral (Estonia) towards Poland in RL, but the Lithuanians, with a constant urge to regain Wilno, have been a sworn enemies for the Second Republic. What will you do with them?

Actually since the ultimatum in 1938 relations were going increasingly better. Far from friendship, but the Lithuanian military was rather keen on singing an alliance with Poland in 1939. Poland refused since it offered quite little while was opening new possibilities for frontlines in relatively safe area. Lithuania was asked to declare neutrality so it did.

The main factor behind all that was the feeling of coming doom - either from the SU or the Third Reich - only Poland with its accession to the Allies offered an escape route - only Poland was not interested in changing the government in the Balitics or annexing them outright.

And one thing. 7TP was armed with 37mm cannon, not 20mm ;) It's not your fault (damn Paradox techtree), but I just wanted to correct a mistake.

But because of its relatively weak armour was in the same class as German Pz II. That is why 9 TP was developed and entered production in 1939.
Light tanks anyway were seen as a temporary solution - something to use untill medium tanks are available (14 TP and 25 TP).

Actually all tank types before those medium tanks would be available can be only seen as training vehicles - armoured cars would be scrapped or sold, similar with 7 TP which would either be used as a recon vehicle (if 4 TP wouldn't be used for that as planned) or relegated to secondary tasks.
Tankettes either rebuilt as TKS-D, rearmed with the 20 mm cannon and used for recon in infantry and such or sold abroad.

Despite popular views countries with tanks were a small minority, especially those with over 100 of them.
Poland would be on the 6th or 7th place in the world in this (after Italy, UK and Japan or between them) - so there were plenty of potential custumers to choose.

Those wonderfull graphics!!! :eek: I think that you have just pushed yourself into the Hallmarks of HOI AARs, robw! You make peace just as intresting as a conflict!

Zauberfloete said:
Those wonderfull graphics!!! :eek: I think that you have just pushed yourself into the Hallmarks of HOI AARs, robw! You make peace just as intresting as a conflict!

My thoughts, exactly.

Now, what are you planning for those peaceful neighbours of yours, robw?

i watched the movies starring Franek/grzegorz the tongue braker and i have a question: what is the name of the initial song?

Zauberfloete said:
You make peace just as intresting as a conflict!

I give robw963 many plaudits for that, for it is sometimes incredibly hard to do...