• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jedrek said:
It's a shame RL WWII did not end in this way...

i think it would go much worse as the soviets would get over the purges become more powerfull with increased messianism
europe on the other hand would go for peace thinking that now it will be endless
and disarm with small support for polish-soviet borderline
simply drunk with victory
it would end as it did in RA1 with only difference that hitler was removed earlier

Jedrek said:
Now, onwards to build a colonial Empire! Let the French give you Madagascar as a repay for their inactivity :p

if i remember correctly some of the most craziest politicians actively thought to buy madagascar from french :rolleyes:

Just after WWI, Poland wanted to buy Madagascar, but something called Soviet Russia intervened, so there wasn't any money allotted to that, afaik.

CthulhuPL said:
Now I've spotted it! Hahahaha :rofl: But what caused this? Any official statements released by polish government?
I decided to not go down too dark of a path here and not elaborate too deeply on Hitler's demise. Certainly I mean to suggest he's dead and the skull in place of his flesh symbolizes that. Himmler committed suicide so let's just say Hitler did as well...just as it occurred in RL. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

robou said:
Monster Poland! Now it is time to turn your battle-hardened troops either to the east, to the Balkans or too Italy and to continue to take down oppresive regiemes around Europe... of course, you will need to be a little bit opressive from time to time... :)
It'll certainly be hard to expand and conquer without a smidge of oppression thrown in. :) My next steps will involve consolidation of my power position in central and eastern Europe. I'll also focus on recuperating after the struggle with Germany which will involve a series of parallel efforts:
a) expansion of the Polish armed forces
b) restoration of order in the newly conquered territories
c) repair/reinforcement/reorganization of my existing formations.
d) expansion of my industrial base and research complex.
e) diplomatic and intelligence moves that lay groundwork for a future campaign against the USSR.

Madmonkey24 said:
Congratulations on your tremendous victory! Not to be a downer, but the invasion of Russia should be delayed for as long as possible. They still have an advantage in divisions, industrial capacity, resources, and their winters are long and cold. I would suggest (though you don't really need my help) that you build a few mechanized corps (3 tank divisions + 9 motorized/mechanized infantry) and use them to steamroll the high infrastructure provinces of Italy and France. Just me though.
Very true. I'm no where close to being prepared for a campaign vs. the Soviet Union. I will indeed be creating a new mobile, mechanized force. As for France...they still provide a useful alliance...westward retribution is still a long way off.

Kaiser_Mobius said:
I also saw that little clue with Hitler. What did you do, throw him in a vat of acid or something? :rofl:
He's dead and that's all I was looking for. Dead, dead, dead.

cegorach said:
Why don't you take the spoils of war you have earned so hard.http://rapidshare.com/files/155942140/techpack.rar.html
*nope, no techtem settings just images. ;)
Thank you very much for these! I am going to resist the temptation, however, to mod in new tech teams for this particular AAR. I have an upcoming event which rewards me for the victory against Germany (coming very soon). It will approximate what I expect would be a research and technology windfall from a successful campaign against Germany. My overall intention (one of them anyway) is to demonstrate a method of playing Poland within the general framework of a vanilla setup. Modding in new tech teams would pretty much violate that intention. But again, thanks very much for the thoughtful gift. I'll definitely hang on to these and incorporate them in future mods.

Enewald said:
Woot, now ask Russia to give your claimed land to Poland! :D
I've tried doing this many times and have never succeeded. The only effect seems to be antagonizing the Soviets and for now I'd rather placate them.

_tr said:
Hmmm... who do you want to conquer next? Second Republik of Poland had a very good relationships with Romania and Hungary, relationships with Latvia and Estonia were good too. Jugoslavia was friendly too. We had bad relations with Lithuania (because Wilno/Vilnus). So you going to attack friendly country or rather hostile one? Maybe Italy is your next target?

I counted population of your country and their ethnic composition

Before 2WW Poland had population 34.8 million:
# Poles – 65,5%. = 23 million
# Ukrainians – 16%. = 5.6 million
# Jews – 9,4%. = 3.3 million
# Bielarussians – 5,5%. = 1.9 million
# Germans – 2,6%. = 0.9 million

Czechoslovakia had population about 15.3 millions
# Czechs: 50% = 6.6 million
# Germans: 24% = 3.2 million
# Slovakians: 18% = 2 million
0.7 million Hungarians
0.5 million Rusyns
0.3 million Jews
0.1 million Poles

Germany had 69.3 million people - mostly Germans

so your emire has now population about 120 million, and:
about 60% of them are Germans
19% Poles
5,5% Czechs
4,5% Ukrainians
1,5% Slovaks
1,5% Belarussians
3% Jews

this is very dangerous situation for your country - too many Germans :p
think about ;)

Maybe it is time for creation of federal country - Slav (edit: without e :p) Union and give autonomy to all Slav Brothers (Ukrainians and Belarusians too) -> (add cores in Czechoslovakia and some parts of USRR). You can diploannex Jugoslavia too :)
At the risk of repeating myself, I do have an upcoming event called Wielkopolska that awards cores to me outside of Poland's national boundaries. Roughly speaking, these will approximate what you've described above. Thank you for taking the time for the detailed population analysis! I believe I can win over the hearts and minds of the German people. We will, after all, share a common interest in protecting Europe from the looming Red Menace.

Colonel Bran said:
The german part is concerning for the future. But he will need every ounce of manpower and IC to defeat the great terror from the east. I hope you skinn the bear soon.
Manpower will indeed be critical for the future success of Poland. It is, in my opinion, the single greatest difficulty playing as Poland. Many of my future decisions will revolve around the theme of improving my manpower situation and preparing for war with Russia.

Jedrek said:
It's a shame RL WWII did not end in this way... Now, onwards to build a colonial Empire! Let the French give you Madagascar as a repay for their inactivity :p
Madagasgar? Seriously? I had no idea any such attempt was made. That's fascinating! Hmmm...perhaps it would look nice painted butter yellow. Something to consider.

jeffh said:
He's explicitly said in the first post, Russia is the next major target. If he attacks anyone else, it'll be as a means to that end.
Exactly right.

_tr: ...so your empire has now population about 120 million, and: .. about 60% Germans .. 19% Poles ...

perhaps we should think in more realistic terms: the Poles will out vote the Germans ! ! ;)

robw963:
...I believe I can win over the hearts and minds of the German people. We will, after all, share a common interest in protecting Europe from the looming Red Menace.

IMHO, there are at least two options toward accomplishing that:

1. explain to them that "freedom" under the Poles is far preferable to enslavement under the Soviets, with what they are now experiencing as the definition of that "freedom" ! ! :D

2. promise freedom to the Germans after the "wars" are over. ;)

wonderful AAR ! !
:cool:

robw963 said:
Madagasgar? Seriously? I had no idea any such attempt was made. That's fascinating! Hmmm...perhaps it would look nice painted butter yellow. Something to consider.

Actually just after the 1st WW Poland demanded colonies - Madagascar was considerd probably thanks to Maurycy Beniowski - the XVIIIth century adventurer who was a king or an emperor of this island for a while.

The 2nd Republic actually had several massive organizations based on popular support and the League of Sea and Colonies was the second largest with about one million members (the largest was League of Antigas and Antiaircraft Defence which had over 1,5 members and supported the expansion of the airforce, parachuting - when evascuating to the UK Poles built their own parachute towers based on tested specifications).
It supported all initiatives to expand the navy - collected impressive amounts of money which were used to buy ORP Orzeł - for example in 1940 each region of the League was supposed to fund one torpedo boat.
It of course had other ambitions - land was bought in Brasil and Liberia, first units of marine infantry were trained - in general there are massive opportunities to exploit.
To some degree it was due to the massive growth of population - rose by at least 40 % in time of those 20 years - which caused numerous problems, especially in agrarian communities.

Actually the 2nd RP had so many interesting activities going on at the same time that almost every scenario can be justified - except one which is communist Poland (probable as much as Hamas winning elections in the USA).

Massive intelligence network; Georgian, Azeri, Ormian, Ukrainians contract officers and emigree communities; support of Slovak separatism, colonial ambitions; support of Zionist Irgun by the military; colonial ambitions - there is plenty of everything to support anything.

Just check Wikipedia for Polish colonialism before the 2nd WW and the Promethean movement.

Haru yo koi said:
You can try!
WIELKOPOLSKA - UPDATE!
:eek: ...there's really no magic here. I faithfully update every weekend and have maintained that cycle from the very first post. My job just doesn't allow for any updates during the week, although I will sneak in extras like dreams, charts, maps when I can. Hang tight. The weekend approaches!

robw963 said:
:eek: ...there's really no magic here. I faithfully update every weekend and have maintained that cycle from the very first post. My job just doesn't allow for any updates during the week, although I will sneak in extras like dreams, charts, maps when I can. Hang tight. The weekend approaches!
lol, such impatient children! :D

Quanto said:
lol, such impatient children! :D
Damn right we're impatient!

Let's try reverse psychology!

Downdate, man! Downdate!

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Round Up

news1.png

November 25, 1939 - 6:00 - Warsaw:

Citizens of Warsaw awaken to the gloriously stunning news that the war with Nazi Germany is over and that Hitler is dead.

112539_wielka.jpg

pilsud_peace.png

So let's summarize the accomplishments in Phase 2:
  1. Defeated and Annexed Slovakia in 6 days (August 30, 1939 - September 5, 1939)
  2. Defeated and Annexed Nazi Germany in 84 days (August 30, 1939 - November 24, 1939)
  3. Increased Industrial Capacity by at least 63% (98 IC) which will actually peak at 80% (108 IC once all the former German IC is repaired) maximizing Transport Capacity and gaining the 4th and 5th tech slots. Additionally, a giant new industrial complex in Torun began construction.
  4. Built 2 of the 12 garrison divisions planned for the occupation of Germany. This will help maximize industrial production of the captured IC and free up my ground troops for better use elsewhere.
  5. Gained valuable experience for my leaders and units.
  6. Began construction of Polish Air Force. I have started a long serial run of P-37 Los Tactical Bombers.
  7. Finished several notable technologies including: Deep Logistic Organization which helped win the war by improving my Transport Capacity which was severely strained during the campaign.
    I have started 2 key new technologies:
    Early Tank which will allow me to soon begin construction of a new mechanized mobile force...a modern extension of the venerable Polish cavalry tradition
    Basic Interceptor which will allow me to further expand the fledgling Polish air force and protect the skies of the homeland.

SPECIFIC ANALYSIS:

Industrial Capacity Comparison:
The following chart plots the comparative Industrial Capacity of Germany and Poland over the course of the 3 month campaign. It clearly illustrates the effectiveness of the 30 day operational plan which specifically targetted German IC rich provinces as a means of crippling their war effort.

IC_chart_final1939.jpg

Leader Experience:
Prior to the war with Germany, I charted my most promising leaders. The following chart compares the starting Skill Level (left) with the end skill level (right) after completion of the German campaign. I realized some signficant leader experience gain and collectively have a much more competent officer korps than when I began.

leaders_112539.jpg

Unit Experience:
Nearly every division that participated in the campaign against Germany has earned 1 experience medal (20 experience points = 1 experience medal, 40 points = 2 experience medals, etc). My single HQ division headed the list of units gaining the most experience with 43.5. I'll be looking for opportunities to get as many divisions with 2 experience medals as possible, but the downside is that a significant number of units have losses exceeding 20% and my manpower pool is currently producing replacements with 0 experience. If I were closer to Full Standing Army (increasing the experience level of my manpower pool), I could possibly wait to reinforce, but this is not the case so I'll need to accept that some of my units will have their experience levels diluted with inexperienced replacements.

units_112539.jpg

NEXT STEPS:

Poland is now at a moral crossroads. The war with Germany, while expected, was justified and righteous but now that the Nazi menace has been vanquished and Polish soldiers have tasted success, a new brand of self realization and manifest destiny sweeps across the nation. Polish nationalism surges in the hearts of Poland's youth and there is a yearning to return to the greatness of the past. Jealous neighbors surround us. To the east lies the ominous spectre of Poland's most bitter enemy: Russia; an enemy made all the more alarming led by its power hungry, oppressive leader Joseph Stalin and his hideous brand of despotic bolshevism. It's no secret that he'd like nothing more than to avenge the bitter defeat handed to him by Poland a mere 17 years ago. To the west lies Poland's half-hearted allies, Britain and France. Our nearly single handed defeat of Germany has certainly alarmed our "friends" and as time passes, it will likely become an increasingly strained alliance. Before these larger tasks can be handled, however, Poland needs to consilidate her position and assume her rightful role as master of central Europe. Towards that end, expect the following:
  1. Expand the military focusing on armored unit developement and a potent air force.
  2. Increase Command efficiency by building more Headquarters units to allow for multiple theatres of combat.
  3. Increase Manpower by expanding Poland's powerbase in Central and Eastern Europe. Likely targets include Denmark, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria and Greece...possibly even Turkey.
  4. Set a goal for complete resource self-suffiency since our allies have already proven that their reliability is questionable at best.
  5. Begin assembling enough resources, industry and military units for an eventual invasion of the Soviet Union.
  6. Begin the process of developing a navy in anticipation of a distant future where Poland will need to fight on the seas.

To accomplish these goals will require a level of ruthlessness typically not customary in Polish tradition. But the future is bright and the dream of Wielka Polska can be realized.

This concludes Phase 2
wielko_small.jpg

Last edited:
Nice update. Alot of your generals didn't gain as much experience as I would have thought.

It's nice to know Poland will be preparing for all cases of war.

A real Polish Navy?

Subs and BC's ssem good to me, and I think your leaders are good for that.