• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unless Albania invades Yugoslavia, of course.

Your manpower levels are...worrying...

It'l be even cooler if he just conquests the entire country before annexing it.

I agree, manpower will be an issue when he takes on the Soviets.

Smells like victory!

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - The End of Nazi Germany

November 7, 1939 - 6:00 - Stuttgart:

With the arrival of troops in Friedrichshafen, I now have added another axis of attack for an assault on Stuttgart. At the same time, cavalry reinforcements have arrived in Saarbrucken. This triggers a continuation of the German attempt to retake Saarbrucken and I, in turn, remount my attack on Stuttgart. This time the battle goes much more smoothly and the cavalry hold Saarbrucken while my assault force defeats the defenders of Stuttgart. This is great news since Stuttgart is one of the last remaining German VP locations left.

anim51.gif

November 8, 1939 - 9:00 - Kiel:

Meanwhile, in the north, Kiel is captured (another German VP location), although my second attempt to capture German naval vessels leaves me empty handed.

110839_kiel.jpg

November 8, 1939 - 9:00 - Hamburg:

Exhausted and depleted Germans forces attempt to counterattack Kiel but my own flanking attack quickly snuffs out the Germans resulting in a quick victory in Hamburg.

110839_hamburg.jpg

November 10, 1939 - 7:00 - Finishing Off the North:

While my forces advance into Hamburg, I'll destroy any hope of retreat by mounting dual assaults into Wilhelmshafen and Bremen.

111039_bremen.jpg

November 11, 1939 - 21:00 - Cologne:

Tightening the noose around Essen, 2 cavalry divisions enter Cologne capturing another VP location. I'll wait to finish off Essen until all of the other remaining VP locations are captured.

111139_cologne.jpg

cavalry2.gif

Cavalry rushing into Cologne

November 12, 1939 - November 15, 1939 - Collapsing the Northen Pocket:

The battle in Bremen has been raging for nearly 2 days now, but the arrival of POLSKA 1 into Hamburg allows me to finish off Bremen quickly and then initiate a series of brief battles, one after another, to completely rout the German divisions in the north of Germany. By mid-day on November 15 it's over.

anim52.gif

November 13, 1939 - 3:00 - Stuttgart is Taken:

During the effort to collapse the northern pocket, 13. Korp Piechoty arrives in Stuttgart which takes away any fear I had about the French stealing any of the valuable German provinces bordering France. I'll still want Freiberg, but it's not nearly as valuable as either Saarbrucken or Stuttgart in either manpower or Industrial Capacity.

111339_stuttgart.jpg

November 17, 1939 - 16:00 - Innsbruck is Taken:

The fall of Innsbruck means I'm very close to completing the campaign. German forces in the south have been cutoff for for nearly 2 weeks now so I know they're weakened. Just a little further and I'll be victorious.

111739_innsbruck.jpg

November 18, 1939 - 7:00 - Freiburg and Klagenfurt:

I attack Freiberg to ensure the French won't steal the province. Klagenfurt is merely a necessary stop on the way to Graz.

111839_freiburg.jpg

November 20, 1939 - 13:00 - Victory in Freiburg and Klagenfurt:

The battle of Freiburg ends in the surrender of 8 German divisions with another 2 destined for the same fate when they complete their retreat from Stuttgart. In Klagenfurt, the battle is a little tougher (due to weather and terrain) but in the end still results in another victory.

vic10.jpg

November 22, 1939 - 0:00 - Victory in Freiburg and Klagenfurt:

Nazi Germany's industry, her army, her morale, her hideous Nazi ideaology, her very essence all have been reduced to a smoldering ruin.

112239_ICstatus.jpg

November 22, 1939 - 6:00 - Assault on Graz:

Slask OP Group, my elite mountain korp, is sent into action to secure the last German VP before the final attack on Essen. The battle is mercifully short for the beleaguered German defenders holed up in the mountains and my fast moving mountain troops arrive in Graz by 15:00 on November 23.

112239_graz.jpg

November 23, 1939 - 11:00 - The Final Assault:

With the inevitable capture of Graz, I launch my final assault on the German capital of Essen. The Germans barely mount a defense and the battle ends in 5 hours. By 21:00 on the next day, Polish troops enter Essen and capture the final German victory location. VICTORY!

anim53.gif

November 24, 1939 - 0:00 - Major Power Status:

Enough time has passed that much of the German industry captured during the campaign is now repaired and operational. It's now enough to give me a Base Industrial Capacity of 80 which opens the 5th tech slot. Before assigning any research, I negotiate a trade with the UK for Rear Area Vehicle Repair Shops for 3,963 energy, a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. I assign Fab. Starachowice to research it.

res_25.jpg

November 24, 1939 - 21:00 - The Conquest of Germany:

With every Victory Location now captured, Germany must surrender. Nazi Germany is no longer.

112439_annex.jpg

112539_europe.jpg

The Polish National Anthem - Mazurek Dabrowskiego

Last edited:
Victory!!!

Finally! After all the efforts deployed... the Germans are defeated once and for all.
I say, cores on Silesia, Cottbus, Kustrin, Stettin and East Prussia. And why not on the former Czecoslovakia then? West Slavs unites!

Whats next?

I still think Josef should have also gotten a Czech ribbon and an Austrian ribbon.

Magnificent! Congratulations, my good sir. This is a truly phenomenal AAR and you are a truly phenomenal author. :)

Chief Savage Ma said:
Polish troops discover records of the secret protocols of the M-R pact in a vault in Essen. :eek: The Bolsheviks must fall.

That is actually a very good idea. An excellent excuse to deal with the Soviets once and for all. :)

Victory at last, the grim face of war may rest for a while...

But there is so much to do...

Great job!
Surely this will not be the end, but just a step on the road to victory right? :D