• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
robw963 said:
I have plotted a chart showing a comparision of IC levels for Germany and Poland over the course of the last 7 weeks or so...
Beautiful :)

The tanks would not have been Type 89 Yi-Go's, but Type 95 Ha-Go's. At the beginning of the war the Japanese used tanks to good effect in the capture of the Phillipenes and Singapore.

The Type 97 Chi-Ha Shinhoto was about the equal of the M3A1 Stuart.

The Japanese were equal with the world in tank development until mid 1942, when Japan's changing priorities led to resources and funding being given to the Navy instead of the Army.

Even then, the Japanese started designs and production of tanks that WERE equal or better then those the Allies possesed in 1944-45, designs such as the Type 3 Chi-Nu and the Type 4 Chi-To were kept on mainland Japan for the final battle however. This left remaning tank units to continue to operate Type 95 Ha-Go's and Type 97 Chi-Ha or Chi-Ha Shinhoto's against the American M4 Sherman's.

At the end of the war prototypes of the Type 5 Chi-Ri's were just being started, this tank was the Japanese equivelent of the Pz.VI TigerI. Undoubtedly, if the Allies had wen't on to invade Japan, they would have been quite surprised by the Armoured opposition they would have faced.

The situation would have been much like that in the Bocage and Italy.

Superior numbers of inferior Allied tanks meeting inferior numbers of superior Axis tanks. One must not forget America was starting production of the M26 Pershing though, this would have helped the Allies much (while the Pershing was still inferior to the Pz.VI Tiger's, it would have been almost the exact equal to the Type 5 Chi-Ri).

Indeed, the situation is much like that of the Polish Cavalry, wartime propaganda influencing history to this day.

Back to the AAR though, great job in the capture of Berlin! This is certainly a massive blow to Germany.

As for your manpower, once Winter settles in things are quiet for awhile I'm shure you will be availible to build up a manpower reserve again. It will be Interesting during teh Winter to see How the German AI, moves and sorts it's units about.

I'd like to see a report on how your leaders have gained skill and experience from the fighting.

Last edited:
Maj. von Mauser said:
The tanks would not have been Type 89's, but Type 95 Ha-Go's.

I have read it were 89Bs - one company (from the 7th Tank Regiment) was used during the campaign.

It also might have been Chi-cha, but for the time being I have not seen any source naming those tanks.

At the beginning of the war the Japanese used tanks to good effect in the capture of the Phillipenes and Singapore.

The Type 95 Ha-Go was about the equal of the M3A1 Stuart.

Except the fact that Japanese steel used for those tanks was worse than used in the USA or Europe. Worse alloys.
Armaments were quite often inferior as well.

The Japanese were equal with the world in tank development until mid 1942, when Japan's changing priorities led to resources and funding being given to the Navy instead of the Army.

Even then, the Japanese started designs and production of tanks that WERE equal or better then those the Allies possesed in 1944-45, designs such as the Type 3 Chi-Nu and the Type 4 Chi-To were kept on mainland Japan for the final battle however. This left remaning tank units to continue to operate Type 95 Ha-Go's and Type 97 Chi-Ha or Chi-Ha Shinhoto's against the American M4 Sherman's.

THat is true. Better tanks were ready in 1943, but were never delivered to the fighting zones, that is why Yamashita did order what he ordered.

At the end of the war prototypes of the Type 5 Chi-Ri's were just being started, this tank was the Japanese equivelent of the Pz.VI TigerI. Undoubtedly, if the Allies had wen't on to invade Japan, they would have been quite surprised by the Armoured opposition they would have faced.

Unlikely, too little steel of good quality - everything was redirected for special weapns (suicide and experimental such as various rockets).

Indeed, the situation is much like that of the Polish Cavalry, wartime propaganda influencing history to this day.

Overall yes, but not in my case. :D

A while back someone dared to summarize Japanese Tanks in once sentence:

"Good Armaments with paper-thin armour."

cegorach said:
I have read it were 89Bs- one company (from the 7th Tank Regiment) was used during the campaign.

It also might have been Chi-cha, but for the time being I have not seen any source naming those tanks.

There were two regiments involved in the Philipene invasions, the 4th and 7th. The 4th was equipped with Type 95 Ha-Go's, and the 7th, while mainly equipped with Type 89B Yi-Go's, was also reinforced with two Type 97 Chi-Ha Shinhoto's. It was given this reinforcement because the Japanese had recognized that the Type 89 Yi-Go was indeed obselete. Subsiquently the 4th regiment was commited to all battles that involved armour. I said that the Type 97 Chi-Ha was about the equal of the M3A1 Stuart, while armour was thinner the gun was of a better performance.

cegorach said:
Except the fact that Japanese steel used for those tanks was worse than used in the USA or Europe. Worse alloys.
Armaments were quite often inferior as well.

I goofed, I meant the Type 97 Chi-Ha.

Armour at that time was equal, that Japanese were getting their rares from China, and priority was still being given to the army, therefore the were still being given the superior materials. This changed when priority was given to the navy, and the army often had to use alloys that were of a poorer quality than the pre/early war materials they were alloted.

The 47mm gun the Type 97Chi-Ha had was similiar in performance, while the improved 47mm given to the Type 97 Chi-Ha Shinhoto was slightly better then the 47mm gun on the M3A1 Stuart.

cegorach said:
THat is true. Better tanks were ready in 1943, but were never delivered to the fighting zones, that is why Yamashita did order what he ordered.

He ordered that the tanks not be used in assaults, but in fixed positions. Yes. :)

cegorach said:
Unlikely, too little steel of good quality - everything was redirected for special weapns (suicide and experimental such as various rockets).

While "special developments" were given the highest of prioritys, many of the tanks I had mentioned were classified as "special".

Also at this late time in the war the high command had recognized that the navy had failed, and the army was given a higher priority again. We must also remember that rare were still being extracted from China, at a reduced rate. But still enough to keep up a good quality armour.

While the armour wasn't the equal of Krupp steel, nothign was, and they tank would still have prevented quite a problem to the Allies. The guns were mostly high-velocity cannons converted from AA guns.

The Japanese also had Super Heavy tank prototypes by 1945, but back to late '39 Poland please.

e713kw.jpg

Just finished my game (yeah, the colors are Kaiserreich. I just played 36 in KR.). Germany split Czechoslovakia with Hungary, making for a very interesting southern front. They also annexed Denmark. Hey, I'll take Iceland. The USSR also folded to my demands for Byelorussia after I annexed Germany.

Right, finally decided to tag onto this one. Great work, I must say. You really have got all the essentials it seems, rob :) Looking forward to seeing Germany being annexed and also keen to see if my Polish vocabulary, limmited at best at the moment to only a few words, expands ;) Continue, and I will follow :)

That's one telling graph!

Oh and thanks for the nomination :cool:

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Industrial Status - 10/19/39

October 19, 1939 - Industrial Status:

My Industrial Capacity continues to expand nicely as Germany's diminishes. Not only am I capturing IC rich German provinces, but the Allied strategic bombing campaign is hampering the efficiency of their remaining IC. It's looking more and more like they won't be able to produce any more units to replace losses, let alone reinforce existing battered divisions.

101939_ICstatus.jpg

The end of Germany draws near.

*Subscribes*

robw963: ...The end of Germany draws near.

looking forward to it ! ! ;)

excellent updates ! !
:cool: