• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something similar to this.

I have tried to make it sound as close to the original as possible. It is not a literal translation and it shouldn't be. The structure of the sentences is as close to the original as possible and should feel slightly archaic, you know old skool...

Two words were too difficult to identify and they actually can change the meaning of a phrase - in the second case for sure.

Bolded words are slightly more important than they look.

"So I am standing in front of some weird tube... and I am thinking - you will separate my voice from me which will then go out, into the world without me, its owner.
People have amusing ideas, indeed it is hard not to laugh
at the strange situation in which the voice of Mr.Piłsudski
will find itself...
I am imagining this funny moment when some rascal*
sets on the winch, pushes the ?? and some tube will talk instead of me.
Hollow laugher overcomes** me that my poor voice, separated from me, ceased to be my own property and is (now) owned by don't know whom and don't know why
- of the tube ? .. Or of some ?? company ? (However) The most amusing thought is that when I am no longer here the Voice of Mr.Piłsudski will be sold for 3 Groszy*** somewhere during a fair, almost by pounds as some gingerbread, almost by lots**** as some sweets...

* in the original 'pinapple' - archaic expression to call some either young, naive, foolhardy youth or some sompletely clueless person.
It is a positive, warm expression which suggests the speaker is in quite jovial mood.

**quite crude, but probably the best I could find for this moment.

*** at that time about 0,5 - 0,4 cent - but remember it is pre-war cents we are talking about.

**** old unit of weight measurement
BTW should it be 'by' or something else ?

Last edited:
cegorach said:
Something similar to this.
I have tried to make it sound as close to the original as possible. It is not a literal translation and it shouldn't be. The structure of the sentences is as close to the original as possible and should feel slightly archaic, you know old skool...
That is completely facscinating to me. Old Józef was quite the existentialist! It's as if he had never seen or heard of a recording device before...and perhaps had not. Thank you very much for taking the time to translate!

Can you imagine how weird it would be for him to find his image/voice on the internet? Or for that matter....what if he found this AAR?

robw963 said:
That is completely facscinating to me. Old Józef was quite the existentialist! It's as if he had never seen or heard of a recording device before...and perhaps had not. Thank you very much for taking the time to translate!

Can you imagine how weird it would be for him to find his image/voice on the internet? Or for that matter....what if he found this AAR?

I think he did, after all the guy was keen on some technological wonders before.
It is half-serious for sure, but what I really like is this autoironic attitude.
Reminds me that when he met the French delegation sent to (as they thought) replace him and command the Polish army in 1920 he first asked how many divisions they brought with them and later told them a joke which actually concluded the meeting. :D

Cegoroach,
the first word which you didn't understand is scrubka - screw. Maybe he thought the buttons were actually little screws? I don't know.
I am also not sure about the second one.

Btw, I didn't use an online translator, I am Polish :D

Tornadoli said:
Cegoroach,
the first word which you didn't understand is scrubka - screw. Maybe he thought the buttons were actually little screws? I don't know.
I am also not sure about the second one.

Btw, I didn't use an online translator, I am Polish :D

IN really archaic form perhaps, besides let's not forget he was from the Kresy - we know how those people speak/spoken. ;)

Tornadoli said:
No, actually I don't.
How do they speak there?
Well, let me say it that way.
Russians, russians, russians, russians, revolutionaries, soviets. Am I right?

well that sounds like someone who doesn't know...
it is polish but with some upgrades from russian (btw there was never a soviet language)
especially accent but it is still polish which a pole can understand
worst case are those who were resettled to siberia during german-austrian-russian occupation
those really hardly speak polish and hardly retourn to poland so probably we will hear them with russian translations faster

Deus Eversor said:
well that sounds like someone who doesn't know...
it is polish but with some upgrades from russian (btw there was never a soviet language)
especially accent but it is still polish which a pole can understand
worst case are those who were resettled to siberia during german-austrian-russian occupation
those really hardly speak polish and hardly retourn to poland so probably we will hear them with russian translations faster
I meant the actual ownership of those lands, and I knew there wasn't a soviet language. But still, do I look like I ever have studied some serious Polish history? All I know that there was a takeover by three countries in mid-17'th century, and for about 120 years their history ceases to exist. Some revolts in those times in there, but after those years I know a few things. Also, can we get back to the topic? By that I mean the AAR? :D

Tornadoli said:
No, actually I don't.
How do they speak there?

more melodic Polish with some additional words from Lithuanian or Russian or Belorussian. Obviously there were various accents of Polish - almost anyone with a 80 years old grandfather should know something about that, especially in the west.

End of off topic.

LordSlowpoke said:
I meant the actual ownership of those lands, and I knew there wasn't a soviet language. But still, do I look like I ever have studied some serious Polish history? All I know that there was a takeover by three countries in mid-17'th century, and for about 120 years their history ceases to exist. Some revolts in those times in there, but after those years I know a few things. Also, can we get back to the topic? By that I mean the AAR? :D
i thought you were saying about polish who lived there because the question gave me suh assumption

Robw get some new cores... since you defeated germans i do not think anyone els will be greater opponent (but still interesting to watch the fight) so why not?

Deus Eversor said:
i thought you were saying about polish who lived there because the question gave me suh assumption

Robw get some new cores... since you defeated germans i do not think anyone els will be greater opponent (but still interesting to watch the fight) so why not?

No greater opponent? Have you forgotten the big red blob to the east? The big pink blob all over the world? The big blue blob on the other side of the Atlantic? The big yellow blob in the Pacific? :D :p

Deus Eversor said:
I consider the Soviets the toughest opponent in the game. Their combination of large IC, nearly unlimited resources, massive manpower reserves, good leaders, gigantic landmass and an increasingly tough land doctrine as time goes by make them tough by any measure.

Beyond the cores already present in Ukraine and Belorussia, I will be adding cores in Lithuania, Slovakia and eastern Germany. They will become available to Poland after the absorption of Lithuania by the Soviets. The event I've written doesn't simply hand a bunch of cores to Poland. They'll need to be earned and they'll require war with the Soviets. Have a look at THIS post if you're curious to learn more about the event I'm referring to.

Middelkerke said:
Do you have an idea about your MP increase?
I'm honestly not sure about MP growth after the Wielkopolska event fires...although you can be sure it will be a nice increase. I'm currently running around .5 per day so it's not impossible to imagine an improvement up to .75 after the event. We'll see!

In the meantime, I want to roll out a new map type I intend to start using. (I do after all love maps). Partially inspired by General_Grant's earlier Europe map, I thought I'd lay some groundwork for my own map version:

wielkapolska_101339.jpg

EDIT: shifted colors slightly and made it Wielka Polska...will I ever get this right?
EDIT 2: corrected map to add Stanislawow to Poland...woops.

Last edited:
CthulhuPL said:
There is a small mistake on the map. Check closely polish eastern border. Something is missing. :D
About 20 provinces? Or only three of them? :D There should be more provinces there. at least yellow, and I don't mean "Japan" yellow... :rofl: