• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan Skrzetuski said:
And if you reach British capital... wait, has anyone done that since 1066? :p

Nope. :D

Jan Skrzetuski said:
When you reach Soviet/Russian or Chinese capital, it's true. If you reach German - it's quite improbable. If you reach French or Italian - you can be sure you have won. If you reach Polish - there is no doubt you'll have trouble for another century or two. And if you reach British capital... wait, has anyone done that since 1066? :p

You forgot Washington - paint the white house butter yellow this time??? :p :D

trekaddict said:
Jan Skrzetuski said:
Wait, has anyone done that since 1066? :p
Nope. :D

No one did -the Brits had something odd in 1688, but it doesn't count very much :D - and no one will dare.

Horrible weather, horrible food... No, thanks. This side of the Channel, some miles south, is better. :D

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - The Capture of Berlin

October 9, 1939 - 8:00 - Potsdam:

Upon arrival in Potsdam 1 hour earlier, Armia Suwalki is immediately attacked by a 3 sided German counterattack. Fortunately, the Germans are severely depleted but it still takes 21 hours to fight them off. The decisive moment comes when Armia Pomorze and Armia Lodz arrive in Stralsund which distracts German efforts to retake Potsdam and re-focuses their attention on Stralsund.

anim28.gif

October 10, 1939 - 7:00 - Berlin:

Unfortunately, Armias Pomorze and Lodz are too exhausted to hold off the German counterattack in Stralsund and they're forced back into Stettin. I'll need to move quickly if I want to capture Berlin so at dawn I send all forces in Küstrin to assault the German capital city.

101039_berlin.jpg

berlin1939.gif

Street fighting in Berlin

anim29.gif

October 10-12 1939 - Update on developments during the Battle for Berlin:

During the battle in Berlin, several notable developments occurred:

October 10, 1939 - 18:00
The Germans launch a surprise attack on Vienna which is guarded by my Mountain Korp. I immediately launch a flanking attack on Linz and after a 14 hour battle, Vienna is safe and the Germans in Linz are defeated. Both battles are aided by the fact that all German troops outside of surrounded Berlin are out of supply.

101039_vienna.jpg

October 10, 1939 - 20:00
With the arrival of 1. Korp Kawaleria in Dresden, I have consolidated all 6 of my cavalry divisions (both 1. Korp Kawaleria and 2. Korp Kawalera). I send 2. Korp Kawalera ahead into Schweinfurt to begin what I hope will be new encirclement.

101039_cavalry.jpg

October 12, 1939 - 0:00
My IC base has grown to 60 IC which opens a 4th tech slot. I assign Stefan Banach to research Improved Decryption Devices.

res_23.jpg

October 12, 1939 - 9:00 - Berlin is Conquered:

Right after dawn, lead elements of POLSKA 1 enter Berlin and plant the Polish flag atop the Reichstag.

101239_berlin.jpg

October 13, 1939 - 0:00 - Assessment:

6 weeks into the campaign against Germany, I've made significant progress.

101339_spoils.jpg

I'm concerned, however, with my nearly depleted manpower reserves. I'll want to wrap up the campaign against Germany as quickly as I can...particularly with winter approaching.

Last edited:
Wow. France is doing astonishingly bad.

Horray for Poland! Berlin is conquered!

If only those French divisions in Alsace would do anything... but don't blame France, blame the AI wich is scripted for that.

At least it allows Poland to grab more lands. :D

Last edited:
Kurt_Steiner said:
No one did -the Brits had something odd in 1688, but it doesn't count very much :D - and no one will dare.

I love how Britain managed that. Only for them does a regime change brought about by a foreign army not count as invasion.

robw963 said:
Right after dawn, lead elements of POLSKA 1 enter Berlin and plant the Polish flag atop the Reichstag.

101239_berlin.jpg

Good work !

It is nice to see Germany reduced to four teams and similar IC as well.

Historically it was the Berlin's http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegess%C3%A4ule where the Polish flags were attached (2nd May 1945) while the Brandenburian Gate was decorated after the fighting was over.
Of course in this reality you don't have such problems and there are no Soviets to remove the Polish flags from the gate - originally Stalin decided the victory will not be shared with anyone.

Polish flag flying oiver the Reichstag - you know, when I was a kid, I've dreamed of doing something like this.
Good job, good job!
And now... go and wipe out the Wehrmacht before you start losing divisions due to lack of manpower reserves.

The manpower situation is going to cause me some nightmares. Let's hope that the Germans get starved with the coming of Winter and the fall of Berlin.

Jan Skrzetuski said:
You forgot about women... :p

I haven't. My (present) beloved is from Reading, Berkshire :D . I have some kind of infatuation for the Anglogirls, you could tell.

Goddamnit robw953, you did a counterkrieg...nice work. :D

enewald must be hurting himself somewhere ;D whatever...

you're concerned about you manpwer... rigt now you could only countdown to capture of hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Skrzetuski
Wait, has anyone done that since 1066?

Nope.

and look the one who took it in 1066 his descendants still hold the throne!
if you take london no one will take it from you xD

looking even deeper in the past the romans for example simply entered britania and some time later there was uprising as sole resistance
later the anglo saxons took britain only because romans left it earlier

Enewald said:
Wait, what does Hitler have in his mouth? :rofl:

And who bombed Berlin into such an bad shape! :rofl:

Your cavalry really rocks the world!

1. I think that Hitler is vomiting :rofl:

2. Did you never heard of Polish Uber-Grenades which can blast away a whole city? :rofl:

Last edited:
Berlin is captured and I feel that Germans will cede much of their territory to you. I have discovered a plan of turning Brandenburg Gate into a Polish border checkpoint - just look:

berlin4.jpg
:D.

Maybe you should have left Berlin encircled and take advantage of the lack of supplies in the rest of Germany - it would be quicker, I guess.