• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since you're going for a more aggressive Poland I suggest this:

plandpostfh4.png

Integrate CZE in a West Slav Union fashion. Let Germany Keep possessions west of the Oder, minus Stralsund and Kiel, which would be lent to you for 25/50 years with the option to buy (you need a true Atlantic port. Germany should also be able to keep the Sudetenland and Austria to efficiently use the IC in the wake of the Soviet invasion. Germany would also cede the Saar to France.

You can then accuse Lithuania for harboring Nazi fugitives and invade.

Crush3r said:
Since you're going for a more aggressive Poland I suggest this:

plandpostfh4.png

Integrate CZE in a West Slav Union fashion. Let Germany Keep possessions west of the Oder, minus Stralsund and Kiel, which would be lent to you for 25/50 years with the option to buy (you need a true Atlantic port. Germany should also be able to keep the Sudetenland and Austria to efficiently use the IC in the wake of the Soviet invasion. Germany would also cede the Saar to France.

You can then accuse Lithuania for harboring Nazi fugitives and invade.
THIS! ^^^

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - The Developing Situation Around Berlin

October 5, 1939 - 6:00 - Potsdam:

While Armia Pomorze and Armia Lodz advance steadily into Stralsund north of Berlin (estimated arrival time October 12), I launch an attack on Potsdam, the crucial province in an attempt to surround the German capital.

100539_potsdam.jpg

anim24.gif

October 5, 1939 - 9:00 - Walking Westwards:

The German losses have been so high that they can't defend their entire border any longer. In the south, I can virtually walk westwards unmolested.

100539_south.jpg

October 5, 1939 - 14:00 - Stralsund:

The Germans again attempt to block my advance into Stralsund but my sheer numerical advantage overwhelms them quickly. Note the French, with 40+ divisions bordering Germany, are idle.

anim25.gif

October 5, 1939 - 20:00 - Coordinating Arrival Times:

I'm trying to coordinate arrival times for the 2 separate armies west and north of Berlin as closely as possible. I'm close...but not exact. Keeping my only HQ (which I keep on Offensive Supply to maximize supply efficiency) in Küstrin is imporant so that command capacity for all adjacent armies is maximized.

100539_berlin.jpg

October 7, 1939 - 11:00 - Stralsund Revisited:

Again the Germans attempt to throw divisions into my path advancing into Stralsund. Their forces are severely depleted and this battle results in another victory and a relatively rare moment witnessing the destruction of a German division in combat.

anim26.gif

October 8, 1939 - 11:00 - Dresden:

While the situation develops further around Berlin, I take the opportunity to attack Dresden (with 10 IC) which seems lightly defended but I'm surprised by the tenacity of the German defense aided by hilly terrain.

100839_dresden.jpg

anim27.gif

October 9, 1939 - 7:00 - Arrival In Potsdam:

During the battle in Dresden, Armia Suwalki supported by 4 other Infantry Korps, arrives in Potsdam. According to my estimates, Armia Pomorze and Armia Lodz should arrive in Stralsund in 19 hours.

100939_potsdam.jpg

All I need to do now is brace for the inevitible German counterattack and hold Potsdam long enough to encircle Berlin.

So the Poles once again play Sobieski. Neat.

Time to catch up a little on recent comments:

@ Enewald: The French are quite busy relaxing behind their wall. I'll behave myself this time and not stoop to any low-brow French bashing. But it's safe to say they'll remain quietly behind the Maginot line.

@ Haru yo koi: I hate to disappoint, but I have no plans to partition Germany. I'm much to greedy and I want every last scrap of IC I can squeeze out of them. I'll need to to further develop my army as I look towards a future conflict with the Soviet Union.

@ Winner: Current funds stand at 801 and I feel comfortable that I can afford the 4th tech team. My IC is growing and I've been careful to hoarde my cash. As for the French, they're napping. It's fine with me...I don't particularly need their help...but their betrayal is still noted.

@ General Grant: ooooo! a map! Clearly you're aware of my fondness of maps. Although there's something wrong with this one...I can't quite put my finger on it...something is missing....I think it needs more yellow.

@ Onlyhestands: Exactly! I'm hellbent on taking it all.

@ LordSlowpoke: Living Space! Yes! My Poles need SPACE. The Polish term for that is Przestrzeń życiowa...I dare say you'll see it used again in this AAR ;)

@ Kurt_Steiner: Don't hold your breath for vassals, puppets or anything else short of completely conquered, subjegated neighbors. I want IC...lots of it....I want manpower...as much as I can grab.....more, More MORE! :eek:

@ Rabid: Oh I don't no...I rather like uninterrupted giant swathes of butter yellow.

@ Jan Skrzetuski: You may not be aware that I have a custom event which awards cores to Poland in Slovakia, Lithuania and Germany. That will take awhile to be realized...suffice to say that won't be fulfilled until war with the Soviet Union comes.

@ Akaki: As I've mentioned above...I'm much too greedy to divide Germany/share with the French/puppet/create unions/open joint checking accounts/cohabitate/hug trees/donate to the needy/or anything else philanthropic, warm hearted or kind. I'm out to take it ALL :p

@ Stefanmg: there's still something missing on this map...it definitely needs MORE YELLOW

@ Aux_Teergois: nope....not this one either...sorry!

@ Colonel Bran: I'm going to wait for the Soviet Union to do the dirty business of absorbing the Baltic States and then liberate them. I need to monitor my belligerence level. Besides...I'd rather win the hearts and minds of the Lithuanians by liberating them from Soviet tyranny. Don't worry...I have my greedy eyes on the Baltic States...but I'll bide my time.

@ Crush3r: hmm...still something wrong with this map...but the Atlantic port idea is a fine one!

@ Romanu: I like the way you think!

@ Mishgan: now HERE'S a map I love...although the yellow is a tad bright. I like butter yellow but the concept is right!

@ Faeelin: Interesting you bring up Sobieski. Maybe I'll create a new leader when I get around to attacking the Turks. That's a long way off though.

More updates tomorrow. Berlin anyone?

robw963: ...The German losses have been so high that they can't defend their entire border any longer. In the south, I can virtually walk westwards unmolested.

killer ! ! :D

robw963:
...Note the French, with 40+ divisions bordering Germany, are idle.

i will get back to the French, below ! ! ;)

robw963:
...a relatively rare moment witnessing the destruction of a German division in combat.

most excellent ! ! :)

robw963:
...All I need to do now is brace for the inevitable German counterattack and hold Potsdam long enough to encircle Berlin.

really nice ! ! :)

robw963:
...I have no plans to partition Germany. .. but the Atlantic port idea is a fine one!

i apologize in advance, but i have to say this. since the Germans, Russians, and Austrians had no qualms with ruling parts of Poland before the 20th century as if it was their own land, i think it only fair that you reciprocate by placing cores on ALL of Germany, Austria, and whatsoever else you wish to, including large parts of European Russia ! ! :)

hmmm. IIRC, Sweden also used to own Poland... ;)

this brings me to France. PLEASE explain to the French that they have two choices: one, subjugation to the Germans (which means giving up the French language and learning German,) OR, two, union with Poland (which means cores on ALL of France.) :D

in case the French decide that subjugation to the Germans is preferred, further explain that it entails (read that, gives) the right of the Germans to retain/use their native language if and only if they move to what was France... :eek:

regarding the smaller states of northern Europe: Denmark, Belgium, and Netherlands. as they were victims of German aggression, they should be given the choice of freedom or union with Poland. same for any other European country that you choose...

by the way, i would have no aversion to Great Britain being treated the same as France... ;)

Dobra! :D

Don't let the french take anything!
And Ostmark shall stay as a part of Germany, for now the germans have not done so bad things as they really did after conquering Poland and other lands, so they should not be ashamed being germans.
And Sudeten is full of germans, would be rude to sent those 3 millions packing...

Ah, soon at the westwall...

Haru yo koi said:
Argh! 17 manpower! We are running dry.

8 in the last image. Dry is a too optimistic word. :wacko:

Haru yo koi said:
I will stand by my new thought:

Split Germany into several states, so it will never come back as a threat ever again!

The powerful experienced forces of Poland do not need a powerful (More then Poland itself) to defeat the soviet union or the allies.

How can you split Germany into several states??? As far as I know, you can only split it into DDR and FRG. (and Austria if you wish to include that)...

Tornadoli said:
How can you split Germany into several states??? As far as I know, you can only split it into DDR and FRG. (and Austria if you wish to include that)...

Make the nations. Or download new nations mod. But this guy isn't doing it.

I myself have used some of the blank tags to add Bavaria, Silesia, Rhineland, Hanover etc.

Haru yo koi said:
Make the nations. Or download new nations mod. But this guy isn't doing it.

I myself have used some of the blank tags to add Bavaria, Silesia, Rhineland, Hanover etc.

This should probably be in the mod section..., but how do you do it?

OK, it's October 9, 1936 and Berlin is about to fall any moment now - I guess Hitler and his minions should start packing or they will spend the rest of their lives somewhere in Poland - in some hidden location not known to the outside world - of course the official version may be that they have committed suicide, escaped or something else.
I have another idea of partitioning Germany - give their western posessions (Saarland and Ruhr) to France, Kiel region to Denmark, make a client state in Austria, annex whole Czechoslovakian land, but Cottbus and Stralsund as well - there are still some Slavic people in that regions today - and they have been Polish for some time in the past. You are too weak to prepare for a war against the Soviets, so I guess it would buy you some time you may need.

The force have reached the Capital. There is some tracts of land behind it, but they are useless.

Wait a minute.

1941... moscow... *Shuffles through history book*

WAIT ONE DAMN MINUTE.

WHAT THE?

zis30_3.jpg

NO!

Battle_of_Stalingrad.jpg

WHAT THE HELL?

t_34s_and_troops.jpg

HOW DID THEY DO THIS?

ReichstagFlag.jpg

Just a friendly warning. Just because you are at their capital, does not mean you are victorious. :p

Haru yo koi said:
Just a friendly warning. Just because you are at their capital, does not mean you are victorious.
When you reach Soviet/Russian or Chinese capital, it's true. If you reach German - it's quite improbable. If you reach French or Italian - you can be sure you have won. If you reach Polish - there is no doubt you'll have trouble for another century or two. And if you reach British capital... wait, has anyone done that since 1066? :p