• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wowz, beating the germans seems to easy, yet so hard!
Hardly any time to regan your unit organization? :eek:o

And french do nothing I'd assume... :rofl:

Battle of Berlin after an month of war... neat!

And nice gain of manpower!
And IC! :eek:

And all those victories in only two weeks of war!

Hopefully you can occupy alot of German key industrial centers before winter come to freeze the front.

Brno is free, huraaa. Well, sort of... ;)

Ah so your gonna try the same maneuvers (read encirclements) that the SU did in the final stages of the war.

Winner said:
Brno is free, huraaa. Well, sort of... ;)

Surely it's time for that Polish-Czech union?

Faeelin said:
Surely it's time for that Polish-Czech union?

Well, the choice between Nazi Germany and authoritarian Poland is tough one, but Poland still comes out as the lesser evil ;)

TC is important.

Is offensive supply very effective? I tend to not use it, as it eats up a lot of supplies.

Deus Eversor said:
Boleslav Khrobry!!!!! yay
"Surely it's time for that Polish-Czech union?"
nah... a Polish-Czech-Lithuanian-Hungarian-Romanian-Ukrainian-Belorussian-Latvian union! AT LAST!!!!

What about a Polish-Czech-Lithuanian-Hungarian-Romanian-Ukrainian-Belorussian-Latvian-Russian-Swedish-Norwegian-Finish-Danish-Dutch-Belgian-Swiss-Italian-French union?

trekaddict said:
What about a Polish-Czech-Lithuanian-Hungarian-Romanian-Ukrainian-Belorussian-Latvian-Russian-Swedish-Norwegian-Finish-Danish-Dutch-Belgian-Swiss-Italian-French union?

You're forgetting Estonian and Bulgarian and Yugoslavian. That way the map looks neater.

RGB said:
You're forgetting Estonian and Bulgarian and Yugoslavian. That way the map looks neater.

True that. Or let's make it super easy for the map-makers and create a World-Union. :D

Don't get the butter-yellow paint out yet guys...I still have yet to conquer Germany!

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - The Battle for Stralsund

September 17, 1939 - 4:00 - The Battle for Stralsund:

With barely 4 days of rest, I decide to send my northern forces back into action and take advantage of the weak German defenses in Stralsund. It's a risk. Winning the battle is one thing, but holding territory once my depleted divisions have advanced forward is another.

091739_stralsund.jpg

vic8.jpg

September 17, 1939 - 23:00 - Danzig is Recaptured:

1. Korp Kawaleria enters Danzig at 23:00 and collects the scraps of supplies left behind by the German invaders.

091739_danzig.jpg

September 18, 1939 - 4:00 - The Germans Attempt to Reinforce Stralsund:

The Germans manage to scrape together 2 successive attempts to halt my advance into Stralsund. Advancing Polish divisions led by Field Marshal Szylling overwhelm both German attempts.
The First on September 18:

091839_stralsund.jpg

and the Second 6 hours later September 18-19:

091939_stralsund.jpg

My superior numbers are beginning to overwhelm the qualitative superiority of the Germans.

@ Enewald: Exactly! The French are useless. They simply peer out through the slits in the Maginot line and sip wine and eat fabulous cheese. Their day will come.

@ Winner: Try using the bezier curve tool to create shapes that you can attach to straight arrows. You can also create curved arrows in Illustrator and pop them into Photoshop with a quick copy/paste

@ Middelkerke: I started a serial build of Garrisons just prior to the beginning of the war in anticipation of controlling revolt risk in conquered territory. I'll need more than the 12 I currently have building but I'm pinched for manpower currently so I'm building conservatively. Eventually I'll build many more with Police brigades, place them all on anti-partisan missions which will improve my TC and IC significantly.

@ RGB: Offensive Supply makes a big difference on lots of levels. It directly increases the ESE (Effective Supply Efficiency) for your units which helps units move faster, fight better, re-org faster. On the flip side, one could argue that having nearly all my units on OS creates an additional strain on my transport capacity which lowers my overall ESE. There's no question it consumes lots of supplies, but that's why I went to great efforts during the preparation phase to stockpile as many supplies as possible. I need all the speed I can squeeze out of my infantry to perform the encirclement maneuvers.

@ Faeelin: The Wielkopolska event I've written includes more than Czech territories so it won't be triggered for awhile. It wont be until later after the USSR gobbles up Lithuania that it will become possible...but I will drop a small hint that another custom event is approaching in the aftermath of a defeated Germany :rolleyes:

Last edited:
robw963: ...Stralsund (is captured)

wonderful, awesome results ! ! :cool:

robw963:
...My superior numbers are beginning to overwhelm the qualitative superiority of the Germans.

most excellent ! ! :D

magnificent updates ! !
:cool:

Awesome progress.

Hopefully you will be able to take Berlin, it will be a tough fight to force that surrender.

I'm liking the historical pictures you are now including, especially the moving one with tha cannon.

The Germans must be in a state of deep shock now. Slavic Hordes (tm) are approaching their capital. I guess Hitler will shoot himself a bit sooner than in OTL :D