• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent!

Great work! Maybe you can beat Manstein to Berlin, that would seal the deal.

robw963 said:
The IC investment for paratroopers is huge, both for the paratroopers themselves and especially for the transport planes. I may end up developing them much later in the game but Poland simply doesn't have enough IC to justify the investment now. For now, I'd rather grow my conventional forces and auto-promote my leaders.

I know, I know. I only wanted to have a chance to give this link. ;)

It is something I found pretty interesting when researching for CORE Poland. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:polish-1st-Armd-Div-Badge.jpg

BTW, I think it's funny to get more responses for Josef's dreams than for his exploits on the battlefield :p

That is true. The Husaria is a true military icon and modern day armoured and air forces are both continuing this tradition of a decisive, irresistible blow.

Actually presently it is a cultural thing, a part of modern popart and easily recognisable patriotic fetish...

like here

http://www.tworcownia.pl/

*sadly out footbal team tries that too, but shhhh not everyone needs to know that...*

cegorach said:
Actually presently it is a cultural thing, a part of modern popart and easily recognisable patriotic fetish...

like here

http://www.tworcownia.pl/
That is a fantastic image...i LOVE that. Thanks for sharing :)

cegorach said:
BTW Tanks ? Fine, but what about paratroopers ?

I could not help but remember the following strip.

10_DoD_paratroopers.jpg

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Shifting South

September 13-15 1939 - Consolidation in the North:

The capture of Küstrin and envelopment of Bydgoszcz have left my forces in the north exhausted and needing rest before they can consider their next push forward. I'll use this time to focus attention in the south.

091339_poznan.jpg

September 13-15 1939 - Battle for Danzig:

Continuing the attack to recapture Danzig which began at 2:00 today, the battle is a stalemate until the arrival of Armia Suwalki and Armia Prusy in Bydgoszcz at 11:00 on September 14. With their support, the battle concludes fairly quickly and the Battle for Danzig ends in a victory.

anim8.gif

September 14, 1939 - 8:00 - Deeper Into Czechoslovakia:

During the Battle for Danzig, Armia Krakow supported by Armia Karpaty assault Brno which is defended by 2 German armored divisions and an HQ.

091439_brno.jpg

September 14, 1939 - 21:00 - The Capture of Vienna:

Also during the Battle for Danzig, 2. Korp Kawaleria enters Vienna winning the race with the retreating Germans in Bratislava:

091439_vienna.jpg

091539_ICstatus.jpg

Zauberfloete said:
Good Job! Hitler must by now s**t in his pants or started shooting at people!

No.

Both.

Or he is shooting his pants and shitting at people.

He's so mad he has lost control of his faculties.

Good job capturing Vienna.

Man, the French suck.

Zauberfloete said:
Good Job! Hitler must by now s**t in his pants or started shooting at people!

Or poeple may have started shooting at him.

Delenda ist Germania.

robw963 said:
Also during the Battle for Danzig, 2. Korp Kawaleria enters Vienna winning the race with the retreating Germans in Bratislava:

091439_vienna.jpg

Are you planning to take Berlin before the winter ?

In the south I realise your forces are a bit too small to secure a stable defensive line too far away from the present frontline.
Are you planning to reach a certain line before the weather changes too much ?
Perhaps Vienna-Lintz-former Sudetenland-Breslau/Cottbus might be woth considering - the forts will help you to keep the defences strong while the line wouldn't be too long to defend and with a number of industrial centers including the whole territory of Czechoslovakia on your side.
The forts might be defended by sizably smaller forces too.

That is as long as you are not planning to finish the conquest before the next spring. ;)

Faeelin said:
Man, the French suck.

Inspired by this AAR, I started a game myself. Despite the "Aggressive" setting, the French did not lift a finger on the ground and let Germany all to myself. I have to say that I purposefully left the border provinces until the end, so that the French could not cruise through them with fast ARM/HQ and take the adjacent provinces for themselves... but still, I'd have expected a bit more sense of adventure from them...

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Industrial Status

September 15, 1939 - Industrial Status:

The next phase of the war with Germany will focus on the destruction of their Industrial Capacity. The less IC they have, the fewer units they can produce. Less IC also means their Transport Capacity will suffer causing slower movement, re-org and reinforcement, not to mention lower combat effectiveness. Of course a further benefit will be the improvement of my IC, but I'll only be able to gain 20% potential out of any captured IC.

091539_industry.jpg

Are you going to recreate Czechoslovakia once the war is over?

You HAVE TO capture Stralsund and Breslau->Cottubus as soon as possible - before Germans can retreat from Kustrin. Stralsund should be your priority #1.

trekaddict said:
Are you going to recreate Czechoslovakia once the war is over?
I don't like to release puppets very much. I'd rather annex a country and be done with it with only a few exceptions. Azerbaijan and Transural Republic make very nice puppets, but that's much later after a successful campaign in Russia. For this AAR, I'm roleplaying a megolomaniacal Piłsudski hellbent on painting Europe butter yellow. The custom event I've created called 'Wielkopolska" awards cores to me in parts of Czechoslavakia (and other areas) so releasing a Czech puppet would work against that.

Another argument for not puppeting is that I'll gain more manpower growth by keeping countries annexed. Of course I'll have to garrison them to maintain order, but this will have the additional benefit of increasing my army size and triggering auto-promotion of my leaders. Poland will eventually run out of leaders so I want to increase the rank/command capacity of them as high as I can.

Last edited:
Akaki said:
You HAVE TO capture Stralsund and Breslau->Cottubus as soon as possible - before Germans can retreat from Kustrin. Stralsund should be your priority #1.
I know you're right, but my forces in the north are painfully low on org at the moment, so I'm giving them a rest and shifting my efforts south for the time being.

Berlin and Dresden look awfully delICious, don't your think? :D