• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You mean the most industrialized nation on the Continent with a devoted population of some 80-odd million or an overinflated empire centered in Eastern Europe having to occupy many less-than-enthusiastic peoples?

To Stalin, a large Poland would just be an irritant, a marginally larger fly to swathe than in real life ;)

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - First Victories

August 30, 1939 First Victories:

0600:
Since Königsberg is my biggest priority right now, I throw another korp into the battle there:

083039_6korp.jpg

0700:
I am rewarded with my first victories in Slovakia:

vic1.jpg

0700 - 1500 - Battle Progress in Prussia:

anim1.gif

1100 - The Germans take the bait:
The anticipated attack on Bydgoszcz finally takes place at 11:00am, so I put the remaining 4 korps there on Offensive Supply to help them hold out as long as possible. I don't intend to stop the Germans from taking Bydgoszcz (there's no industry there). Instead I want to ensure my victories in Prussia to complete the destruction of the German forces there. My hope is to exhaust the advancing Germans so by the time they reach Bydgoszcz, Prussia is secure and I can retreat westward and begin to form a trap.

083039_bydgo.jpg

bydgo1.jpg

1600 - Success in Königsberg:
Just as darkness falls, the attack on Königsberg succeeds. Meanwhile, in the south, German forces trickle into Zilina in an attempt to block my advance there.

083039_1600.jpg

1700 - Success in Elbing:
Victory in Elbing. Now it's a race to get my cavalry into Königsberg before the Germans can retreat their forces into Memel and attempt to recover.

vic2.jpg

Great beginning!

Things look to be going to plan so far.

Yes, the beginning seems quite good... will this good luck last?

Wow, I've been reading this AAR since you started it and have always thought it was great. But now with this battle progress thingy I just have to come out of my lurker's cave and say something :D I wonder how much effort you put in your updates, for us readers it's definitely worth it!

But with proper use of +100 divisions you should capture Stettin, Oppeln, Kosice & Konigsberg simultaniously, then destroy the Elbling pocket, then Memel, and at the same time - capture Kustrin and possibly Stralsund. Then - Breslau, Cottubus, Potsdam and the war is won :).

i actually doubt the possibility of making bydgoszcz pocket and think that losing poznan is more possible but if he uses the forces from prussia then maybe he could

we will see if ai cant make a coordinated arrival

political map +1

Last edited:
WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Day 2

September 1, 1939 - Day 2:

Transport Capacity:
The arrival of the 2nd day knocks down my supply efficiency significantly. On August 30 my supply efficiency was about 84% compared to 67% today.

090139_tc.jpg

0300:
Now that I have the upper hand in Prussia, I take my Headquarters unit out of its Support Attack Mission in Königsberg so I can move it westwards to support the next large operation around Bydgoszcz.

090139_polska1.jpg

0400 - Tactical Retreat:
I want to avoid the advantage the Germans will gain in the battle of Bydgoszcz as daylight resumes, so I deliberately withdraw now preserving manpower and org. This way I can control which province destination my units will retreat to. I move 3 korps to Poznan and 1 korps to Lodz. I can't control the last korps because it participated in the battle at Elbing too recently but since it orginated in Lodz, I know it will end up retreating there too.

090139_tw.jpg

0500:

def1.jpg

0600:
Fast moving German armored units almost immediately occupy Bydgoszcz. I'll want as many Germans units to collect here as possible and I hold off any attempt to recapture. Danzig is temporarily cutoff, but not for long.

eis1.jpg

0900:
I need the battle in Zilina to conclude so I can make sure to support my advancing cavalry as they attempt to take the Slovakian capital Bratislava. I decide to throw another korps on a Support Attack Mission into the battle even though this will put me over the command capacity.

090139_zilina.jpg

1200:
3 hours later, I finally succeed. German armor can be tough.

vic3.jpg

1400:
Armia Prusy arrives in Elbing allowing supplies to flow into Danzig once more.

090139_elbing.jpg

1900:
1. Korp Kawaleria arrives in Königsberg early in the evening. All they need to do is hold their position until the infantry korps behind them can catch up. Not surprisingly, they are immediately attacked. The German attack from Memel is hampered by a lack of supply.

090139_konigsberg.jpg

Last edited:
QUICK NOTE:

I'm not ignoring the requests to display the map in political mode. The screens I'm currently showing are already "in the can". I do have screens coming up that will display in political map mode but truthfully most of the upcoming screens will continue to be shown in terrain map mode. It's more convenient when I'm playing to switch back and forth between terrain and weather mode...but I'll try to make a point to get more political mode shots mixed in.

Is it just me, or is the Iraqi Airforce giving you Air-Cover?

Anyways, good job taking Prussia, you only got 2 Divisions trapped though?

Maj. von Mauser said:
Is it just me, or is the Iraqi Airforce giving you Air-Cover?

Anyways, good job taking Prussia, you only got 2 Divisions trapped though?

Oh sure...that Iraqi air unit is flying around a lot but has yet to contribute anything other than using my oil and supplies and chasing Polish girls near the airbase. He's welcome to leave anytime.

The German div count in Prussia is more like 18:
8 in Elbing
8 in Konigsberg
2 in Memel
Their war will be over quite soon now.

To elbasto: thanks! I'm having a blast making it and love knowing people enjoy the presentation.