• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - War Over Danzig

August 30, 1939 The Danzig or War event fires:

danzig_event.jpg

nazidragon.jpg

083039_slider.jpg

Before we dive-in, let's take a peek at the army comparison tab in the ledger:

083039_army.jpg

While I'll be playing without the "nofog cheat", I'll check the ledger periodically to measure progress.

The Germans don't have any motorized formations? Losers :rolleyes:

Oooh what a cliff hanger!

Its going to be close, but Poland shall prevail, onwards to Berlin and the Rhine.

There are not enough divisions in Bydgoszcz...

SOV takes eastern Poland only if Warsaw is captured by Germans. Without it, they remain silent. And in all of my games, as long as I remain in the Allies and guarantee independence of baltic states, they let them be.

And one more thing. In my games as Poland I always modify my cores - I remove my claims on Soviet Union (all these territories had Poles only as minority and treaty of Riga border fully satisfid polish authorities), while I add core on Oppeln (it represents the rest of upper Silesia - plebiscite area) and Elbling (similar thing - Warmia, plebiscite, lost only because it was held when Red Army was at the gates of Warsaw).

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Dawn of the First Day

PHASE 2: Dawn of the First Day

3:00am August 30 - Königsberg
Following my plan, I launch my first attack on Königsberg with 16 divisions. Because Königsberg is the eastern-most attack location, dawn arrives 1 hour earlier than the other attack locations. 1. Korp Kawaleria will advance separately from the infantry korps so that Königsberg can be occupied as rapidly as possible and trap the German divisions in Elbing splitting Prussia in half. 3 infantry korps from Suwalki will follow directly behind to press the advantage.

083039_konigsberg.jpg

4:00am August 30 - Elbing
An hour later (just before dawn), I make a 3 pronged attack on Elbing. I'll only advance 3 infantry korps into Elbing to secure a supply route into Danzig since I intend to sacrifice Bydgoszcz in an attempt to create a trap there. The remaining units in Torun will hold their position to help form a perimeter around Bydgoszcz and keep my HQ in a strategic location.

083039_elbing.jpg

4:00am August 30 - Slovakia
Simultaneously, I make 2 separate attacks against Zilina and Kosice to the south. I advance 2. Korp Kawaleria into Kosice shift-clicking all the way to Bratislava. I send Armia Karpaty into Zilina supported by my mountain divisions (and an extra infantry korp) who can better handle the hilly terrain there. I'm less concerned about simultaneous arrival in Zilina becase I want to secure Zilina as quickly as possible. I'm banking on the 2 mountain divisions arriving first and holding off any German counter-attack until the rest of the infantry can follow-up.

083039_slovakia.jpg

5:00am August 30 - Battle in Königsberg
konigs1.jpg

5:00am August 30 - Battle in Elbing
elbing1.jpg

5:00am August 30 - Battle in Kosice
kosice1.jpg

5:00am August 30 - Battle in Kilina
kilina1.jpg

Nah, the war shall be over in 40 days! :D
(where did I hear that?)

Winner said:
Nah, the war shall be over in 40 days! :D
(where did I hear that?)

I have a nebolous memory that it was said referring to something called the Schlieffen Plan.... :D