• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I feel a bit responsible for the direction things have gone here...but I can't say I regret the open discussion. The truth is I can't post AAR updates everyday (my job eats me alive during the week so I'm a weekend player) and the lapse between those updates opens up the opportunity for discussion. I honestly enjoy reading what people have to say but also respect the wishes of others that would like to be able to navigate through an AAR without having to read a bunch of off topic posts.

Here's what I can offer: I will create a clear, indexed table of contents within each Phase that will allow people to quickly navigate to the meat of the AAR content and skip the conversation part. That way (I hope) both types of reader are accommodated. I realize other AARs implement this kind of feature (i'm certainly not claiming to be some inventor here) but please...if anyone has suggestions for ways to accommodate everyone, I'm happy to hear it.

P.S. the weekend is almost here :)

Awesome AAR.

Don't know what else to say. Little Jozef is awesome.

Keep it up.

squalleke123: actually, I believe the options to create these kind of open discussions are really the strength of all paradox games...

totally agree ! ! :)

Marchalk_Zjukov: Don't you guys think that this discussion is getting out of hand?

personally, i don't consider this to be out of hand ! ! ;) i have seen out of hand in other AARs, but this does not come close to what i have seen... in fact, i found the back and forth to be informative and very worthwhile ! ! :)

cegorach: ...The brutal truth is the key would be the size - we can afford losing, Czechs cannot so no one should blame them or criticise us.

furthermore, the wisdom of the above line far exceeds the distraction of the OT part of the discussion. ! ! :cool:

magnificent AAR ! ! :cool:

robw963 said:
I feel a bit responsible for the direction things have gone here...but I can't say I regret the open discussion. The truth is I can't post AAR updates everyday (my job eats me alive during the week so I'm a weekend player) and the lapse between those updates opens up the opportunity for discussion. I honestly enjoy reading what people have to say but also respect the wishes of others that would like to be able to navigate through an AAR without having to read a bunch of off topic posts.

Here's what I can offer: I will create a clear, indexed table of contents within each Phase that will allow people to quickly navigate to the meat of the AAR content and skip the conversation part. That way (I hope) both types of reader are accommodated. I realize other AARs implement this kind of feature (i'm certainly not claiming to be some inventor here) but please...if anyone has suggestions for ways to accommodate everyone, I'm happy to hear it.

P.S. the weekend is almost here :)

I bet most of us pretty busy at the weeks. But yay for the weekend and new update to the brilliant aar! ;)

GhostWriter said:
Marchalk_Zjukov: Don't you guys think that this discussion is getting out of hand?

personally, i don't consider this to be out of hand ! ! ;) i have seen out of hand in other AARs, but this does not come close to what i have seen... in fact, i found the back and forth to be informative and very worthwhile ! ! :)

magnificent AAR ! ! :cool: [/B]

Well I did not say that the discussion was uninformative but I just think that the OP made this thread for this AAR and not for Off Topic stuff.
And I too have learned one or two things from the discussion, I just think that the discussion should take place in another thread.

Marchalk_Zjukov: ...And I too have learned one or two things from the discussion, I just think that the discussion should take place in another thread.

understood. however, if that discussion took place in another thread then i would not have been able to see it... ;)

Akaki said:
Pretty please?

Prosím pěkně - I don't think it exists in English too ;)

In any case I shall look forward to the update.

WIELKOPOLSKA - Phase 2 - Quiet Before the Storm

Phase 2

wielko_small.jpg

August 29, 1939 Poland's last day of peace arrives. Preparations for impending war are complete. Industry has been expanded, technologies have been researched, alliances have been forged, supplies have been stockpiled and my army has been deployed.

082939.jpg

There is one last bit of business before the big day arrives. I make a change to my Chief of Staff Minister to Wladyslaw Moczar who will improve the org regain of my units by +20%.

082939_2.jpg

Just before midnight Assembled in their staging areas, filled with anticipation, Polish troops break out into song singing the same hymn that Polish knights sang before the Battle of Grunwald in 1410 when they decisively defeated the Teutonic Order in what is now Prussia: Bogurodzica

bogurodzica.jpg

A cold chill sweeps across the German lines as they hear the Poles singing across the frontier in dim torchlight.

I can wait for the action. The first part was great, let's see if the preparations were sufficient.

Org. regain ministers are my favourites.

Crushing the Germans should be doable if the game battle system is mostly vanilla. If this was a WiF, Compendium, Total Realism or other game with modded battles, I'd be veeery afraid you might lose.

Let's have a beer in Berlin :D

And a pie in Moscow...