• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aramintai

Second Lieutenant
Jul 21, 2016
When Deya is confronted there is no option to punish her without gaining wrath with Lethian's Crossing. There's only an option to get rings from her for your silence or kill her. But when I kill her the quest says that unfortunately I didn't have time to report her to anyone and completes. There's no option to leave her be for a while and report her crime to anyone - only take the rings or kill her and gain wrath, that's it.
This quest needs to be reworked - either allow an option to report her to Eldian or don't give wrath for killing her - I'm a Fatebinder, representative of the law who found her guilty, why should I report to myself?

Upvote 0
I just ran into this myself. Definitely not cool. I'd like to be able to choose a fitting punishment for her. For example, an interesting option would be to have the townsfolk pass judgement at an impromptu trial. They might then decide to stone her, or something similarly barbaric! Admittedly that would be a bit of work to add at this point, but there are many simple options which would be acceptable.

This is because the actual problem is not the killing, but that IRL telling the townsfolk beforehand would be an easy and obvious thing to do. A reputation change for not doing so is inappropriate because the option is never presented. Hence breaking the fourth wall and a feeling that the narrative has betrayed us.

Here are all the possible outcomes for this quest as per the game files:

<ID>30001</ID>
<DefaultText>You convinced Sandro to turn over his necklace and gave it to Deya, telling her Sandro is now dead.</DefaultText>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>
<Entry>
<ID>30002</ID>
<DefaultText>You retrieved the necklace from Sandro and confronted Deya with the truth. She confessed to the murder and then attacked you, forcing you to kill her.</DefaultText>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>
<Entry>
<ID>30003</ID>
<DefaultText>You spoke to Sandro and confronted Deya with the truth. She confessed to the murder and then attacked you, forcing you to kill her.</DefaultText>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>
<Entry>
<ID>30004</ID>
<DefaultText>The opportunity to resolve this task has passed.</DefaultText>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>
<Entry>
<ID>30005</ID>
<DefaultText>You used Deya to secure a discount with the merchants in Lethian's Crossing in exchange for your silence regarding her wife's death.</DefaultText>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>
<Entry>
<ID>30006</ID>
<DefaultText>Deya paid you a number of rings to keep quiet regarding her wife's death.</DefaultText>

Reactions:
Here is a screenshot of the misleading text (for somebody official to view). Can we get an official confirmation that this text is misleading or that the quest is bugged?

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    495,5 KB · Views: 275
Hello all,

I am sorry for the frustration this quest is causing. I have passed along your feedback to the team.

Thank you for your continued support of Tyranny!
David

I think there is a fairly easy fix to this problem. Simply change a few of the lines and the quest end-text to reflect that the Wrath rating is because people fear you, rather than hate you. You did do what your job description does, but it happens that that job description is lawful murder. So of course they fear you.

That's my take on it anyway. Personally, I wanted to give her a taste of her own medicine by marrying her for her land, then to punt her off the spire, Henry VIII style.

I think it's a developers' joke. Look, a lot of people are discussing a non important side quest, making posts, racking their brains... Why not just make a dicision, and forget bout this ****? Very funny, i think)))))) The situation lets me remember of the meaning of the word "munchkin"

Last edited:
It's about players, trying to get all preferenses from a minor quest. Like "I want to be good , I want to get a reputation bonus and may be some rings" and if there is no such an option people begin to boil over about it. There are entire world to explore, and a lot of deeds to be done, but no , let's get all aviable profit from some minor quest)))

It's about players, trying to get all preferenses from a minor quest. Like "I want to be good , I want to get a reputation bonus and may be some rings" and if there is no such an option people begin to boil over about it. There are entire world to explore, and a lot of deeds to be done, but no , let's get all aviable profit from some minor quest)))

But this isn't about getting "all preferences". The fact that you can't, you know, do your job as a Fatebinder and legally punish an admitted murderer seems like a pretty major oversight.

I think most people would be fine with refusing the bribe, or maybe a smaller wrath hit for turning her in (maybe something like "you meddled in our affairs" or something, even if that's tenuous at best). Though punishing someone who murdered the person who owned your town and who plans to raise everyone's taxes doesn't seem like something that should piss that town off.

Reactions:
Can't agree more with AdamIncorporeal.

I also found this incredibly frustrating and hope a fix is in the works. I got her to admit her guilt and have multiple parties that can confirm it and I don't have the ability to be subversive towards her or deliver her punishment without pissing off the town she hopes to harm. Then the wrath text tells me I didn't tell someone like I should've. This is the weakest side quest in the game I've found by far. I've registered an account just to complain about it.

If I'm supposed to Judge Dredd in this situation I should at least be able to explain myself to someone and avoid part of the wrath punishment.

I Hope they will fix this soon, it ruins the immersion for me.
It's a small thing, but rendering justice is your job in the game, that makes it important.

Hello all,

I am sorry for the frustration this quest is causing. I have passed along your feedback to the team.

Thank you for your continued support of Tyranny!
David

Dear Obsidian_David,

I have begun playing Tyranny for my first playthrough a couple of weeks ago and I just now arrived at the Widows Revenge quest.
The version of the game I am playing is version number 1.21.0160 (latest version on Steam)

As the other forum members have Posted I ran into the same Quest problems.
When this happened I began to search the internet and well I did not became much wiser about this problem.
From what I have seen its still a great debate if this is a poorly written Quest or if this is a buggy quest.

I would really like to finish this quest in a correct way.

Do you know if this is a bug or a poorly written quest?
Do you know if this is still something being worked on / if this is still something that will be fixed?

Awaiting your response,

GReetings,

DrDeathhand