Why UAC, ERs, Pulse are removed in the salvage list?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ragnakore

Private
Oct 29, 2020
An enemy mech spawned with a UAC, or ER, or Pulse Lasers..
So I engaged that mech with utmost care, disabling it without destroying the specific item (by knocking down repeatedly, or destroying the legs).
I am definitely sure I did not destroy the mentioned items.
And after the mission is done, said items are not in the salvage list.

WHY? What happened? This is so consistent I dont get to see them at all.
Are these items removed by the game if date is too early?

By default, rare items like that don't show up in the salvage lists. It would be possible to modify the game files to remove the BLACKLIST tag and allow those items to be salvageable.

Are you running mods? Opfors typically don't come equipped with those in vanilla, and no, they never show up in salvage lists.

To expand on this, and assuming Vanilla BT only.

If an OpFor does come equipped with such it often is part of a structured mission. In cases such as those, the 'Mechs are designated specifically to not drop parts or equipment. (One notable occurrence is doing the 'BattleMechs and Bourbon' Flashpoint, where you can fight 'Mechs which are heavily modified with rare equipment - but you cannot claim any parts of it as salvage, if I recall.) There are numerous other times where some equipment might be found, or "non-standard" OpFor units are fielded. In almost every case those units are marked not to drop salvage.

However, given your other topic of mentioning mods you have using:

Mods installed are BTRandomMechComponentUpgrader, CommanderPortraitLoader, and some game tweaks to skip the MMM mission, intro video and such.

I'm positive the first one in that list might be why you're seeing rare equipment... but the game still isn't "supposed" to drop such items as salvage, so it doesn't. But I have no experience with mods per se... it's quite possible the problem thus is with the mod and not the game itself. You'll have to discuss it in the communities around the mods, or wait for someone here with experience with those particular mods to help.

• 1Like
Reactions: