• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Running update completed. :)
We're getting there quickly! :D

Sicily - Island nation with two giants to worry about, Naples and Aragon. There are however colonization options in north Africa even for this small country.

Ryazan - Trapped between Muscowy and the Golden Horde, they have no real advantages. Muscowy has a mission to anex you and the Golden Horde is more than happy to declare war on a heathen

King Richard, both are very prone to collapse, so is France nowadays. Timurids usually do it earlier due to starting wars that make them fail to respond to a succession crysis properly which is more an AI fault than fault of their own country.

I played pretty much everyone on the map so far and from my experience as a merciless conqueror, I'd rank top5 like this:

* France - unlimited manpower, deadly NIs, crowd of slave-vassals since day one.
* Timurids - huge and unconquerable for AI. I often had Ottos lose 100-150k troops before they even got to Iraq. Imagine conquering all the way to India. If they didn't collapse, whole map would be painted red due to their easy cores they get from horde events.
* Ottomans - filthy rich, lots of manpower, great custom units. Can crowd west, can outgun east.
* Ming - unconquerable, rich and with huge manpower but also have crap units, crap tech group and crap religion (in the game I mean, compared with other religions, no offense to real life Confucian religion).
* Golden Horde - rich and populous horde starting with a massive army. They don't break apart easily and even if they do, states they release are quickly assimilated back. Menace of whoever it borders, even if it's natural born killers like Russia, Lithuania, Timmies or Ottos). Unconquerable until it starts falling behind in tech.

Teutonic Order- Great fun going from them to Prussia to Germany. Great benefits during those conversions and gray is a cool color.

Lorraine- great position to go conqueroring in either France and Germany (assuming you survive the onslaught of burgundy/france that is)

Mali- Nice east african position, a bit removed from the spanish onslaught, but they'll come nevertheless & give you a chance to westernize, or die trying :)

Either way Delra, I've changed the info on Ming.

And given that I only play IN, I only ever see a French blob. ;)

Sicily - Island nation with two giants to worry about, Naples and Aragon. There are however colonization options in north Africa even for this small country.

Ryazan - Trapped between Muscowy and the Golden Horde, they have no real advantages. Muscowy has a mission to anex you and the Golden Horde is more than happy to declare war on a heathen

Don't forget those :)

A lot of the countries I play are because of this forum. In another thread someone says "no one ever plays as Bali" so now I am playing as them! :D:D:D

The Golden Horde is junk.. i attacked them in 1399 with Georgia and gained 5 provinces that way, Astrakhan and a gold province included.
Timurids on the other hand is a pain in the ass like always while Ottoman is weak since it's too easy to bring the navy and block their troops while you ravage their provinces meeting no resistance.

Malaysia--In both Magna Mundi and vanilla, is a Muslim power in the middle of Asia. Has the sliders and the AMAZING CoT, both of which can turn you into a colonial and trading power, while you're in a race against time to become strong before the Europeans start colonizing the Indian Ocean.

just as an aside--I like rp'ing Malaysia as a group of people who consider the ocean to be similar to the desert in which Mohammed gained his wisdom. As such, I tried to connect myself to Mecca via the ocean and become Caliph. This is supported both by the RP reason and that focusing as much on your navy as possible is the only way to beat the Europeans--it's the only place where you still have the same kinds of troops.

One of my favorite games ever played was an early one at being the Iroquois. They start out bad, but at the time i was really obsessing about my native american heritige and in seemed closest the mic-mac tribe. I allied with england and together we attacked portugal, portugal had a core on a province i took so i was able to build up a modern army.

Chagatai... oddly good sliders (though good centralization for some odd reason doesn't help with modernizing the government in vanilla, but still...) and is a much more challenging way to form the Mughal Empire.

Plus, a big black blob is more satisfying than many colors if you don't even care about forming the Mughals.