• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Riidi

Captain
33 Badges
Jan 4, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
I get keeping savegames there for persistence between uninstallations - although given the size of the save games, I'd rather have the choice of where to put them - but why does Crusader Kings 2 install the music files to Documents?

Can I move the music files to the ingame directory and have it work fine? Also, can I change the default path for savegames?

Music should not be saved in the documents folder. Which vendor did you use to buy the game?

You can change where the user data is stored by creating a file called userdir.txt beside the .exe file(for example, using steam, the folder would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii)

Edit the file and write something like "C:\MyCK2Dir"(without the quotes), and you saves should now be saved in that folder instead

I used Gamersgate, and there is music in the Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings 2/music/ directory AND My Documents/Paradox/CK/music/. Am I safe to delete the My Documents directory?

Thank you for the tip about userdir.txt, really quite helpful for those of us with limited space on our system drives!

You can delete the Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II whenever you want, it will be recreated at startup(restrictions in userdir.txt applies though).

Just don't forget to make a backup copy of savegames and/or screenshots first :) (they are now saved in the Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II folder)