• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aroddo

needs more ponies
31 Badges
Jan 3, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Rome Gold
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
Teleports.

1646539189892.png

Syndicate campaign map 2.

Reactions:
Make alterations yourself with the tools provided or carry yourself in a forward or upward direction, if it bothers you enough to try and objectively reach the conclusion it's so bad, find a good game that holds your positive brain chemicals in a gentle caress.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Sorry but i fail to see how a single map in a campaign makes the whole game bad. If you got problems with that map just cheat the mission and done :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
honestly, I have never played a game where navigating a campaign map was so tedious.
I suffered through several other campaings (I think I'm only missing the borg faction and then the rest) and moving your armies is just pain. But I endured! I paid for this shit!

And then came this stupid syndicate map with the 1000 teleport stations. It broke me.
This was truly the most disgusting map in all of gaming history. What were the designers thinking?

No, sorry, nothing in this game really works. Unit production prevents infrastructure development, research is so fast that you are swamped with new tech before you build your second unit. A nearly useless minimap with no filters for military units. No way to see where teleports go on the world map OR the mini map. You have to click on the teleport and preview the destination for a second before it snaps back, forcing you to find the teleport destination manually.

You get no overview on where enemy armies are unless you spot them on the global map.
It's just frustrating and unfun.

to begin with, you aren't forced to play the camaign. I kid you not, I haven't played the campaign till I had a fully 'maxed' Empire running. I then read that if you play the DLC campaign, the empire mode has a few additional things (an already premade hero and two units you can loadout. And a bit of exp, IIRC).
I mean, yes, I don't think you can disable teleporters in Empire mode either, but I am pretty sure that this is modable. Hell, you can mod that each unit starts with more movement if you think it takes too long.
There are options, man. And modding may be initially a bit ... well, hard to get in, but some stuff isn't hard to do with a tutorial, and if needed, you can ask around.

Or using console command and just wining the mission to keep going with the rest of the campaign. You get the map done and can keep with other things :)

Or just take a break from the game and go back to it when you are less frustrated, if you go back at all :)

You have no idea how to play, do you? Seriously, this "broke you?"

I was just talking about this exact map with another player, who has a CONSIDERABLY better outlook on life than you. Somehow he was able to cope. Had a good time too, figuring it out, and beating the computer.

I mean - is this a cry for help or something? It's a game, man! One map, on one campaign. This one has an odd presentation, but it teaches a very specific lesson. Learn to cope.

Seriously, if you change your mind, listen to how we managed it:

Yeah, it's a game. It's supposed to be fun.
This isn't.

And this has nothing to do with the difficulty. Everything in this game somehow combines to make it tedious.
But i guess what i loathe most apart from the tedium is the visual vomit that is the strategic map/minimap.

to begin with, you aren't forced to play the camaign. I kid you not, I haven't played the campaign till I had a fully 'maxed' Empire running. I then read that if you play the DLC campaign, the empire mode has a few additional things (an already premade hero and two units you can loadout. And a bit of exp, IIRC).
I mean, yes, I don't think you can disable teleporters in Empire mode either, but I am pretty sure that this is modable. Hell, you can mod that each unit starts with more movement if you think it takes too long.
There are options, man. And modding may be initially a bit ... well, hard to get in, but some stuff isn't hard to do with a tutorial, and if needed, you can ask around.

I prefer campaigns, so that was my experience. I forced myself for 200 hours to like it and i couldn't.
If the vanilla game is that miserable of an experience then no amount of modding, cheating or DLCs will change that.

Or using console command and just wining the mission to keep going with the rest of the campaign. You get the map done and can keep with other things :)

Or just take a break from the game and go back to it when you are less frustrated, if you go back at all :)
This IS me returning.
Played several campaigns, got bored and ditched it for years, DLCs teased me in my news feeds, gave it another chance, then encountered the teleport hell that exemplified everything that is wrong with this game.

No, to me the game mechanics are fundamentally flawed and unattractive. The best part is probably the tactical combat, but even that suffers from information overload as soon as you look at the unit datasheets. I like how the devs tried to make it a bit more XCOMish with the overwatch mechanics, but they failed to make combat exciting.
And there are several reasons AoW can't measure up to XCOM combat and some are not even the dev's fault.

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed in all this wasted potential.

Said as if an objective fact. Obviously not, and clearly indefensible.
I think when I state my opinion that's called subjective, Coodav.
How is this possible? Look Holmes, I have played a lot of these, and Planetfall is on the good side of the bell curve. It definitely has its problems, which I lined out exhaustively along the road. That said, had a LOT of fun with it, and think most people could. Regardless though, a lot of decisions were made to streamline most of the things you are complaining about. They don't track.
Congratulations. You have fun. Well done, mate.

The city management is about as basic as it gets, and whatever random and oblique things you said critical of it just don't make sense. I think what you were looking for was a World of Warcraft cinematics-filled campaign, and if so, then yeah, that didn't happen. Which is too bad. Was it a bad game though? No, it was perfectly fine. If you think it was, then try lining up a critique better than "I felt bad," or "I wantz exciting!"
I guess I was looking for something like Alpha Centauri and clearly didn't get that. Or Masters of Magic, if we want to get really old school. You should try it, it's full of cinematics.
You clearly want to get a rise out of me. Well, let me make you happy, boy: You annoy me.

Either way, it's very hard to line up my experience with yours. From my chair, it just seems like you suck at it, and came on here to vent to people who are far better at it than you are.

I mean seriously, who maps out the teleporters like that? You should clearly see that you are 3 turns from anywhere. And it auto-moves along the shortest path, so you don't need to worry. That was the point, fool.
Yeah, the gameplay is tedious that it puts me to sleep. And that doesn't happen to me in Stellaris sessions. That clearly hindered my chances to git gud. You are clearly the mega-chad of planetfall. Ask the devs for an NFT-medal or something.

And if you can't see how the image doesn't illustrated a problem and just want to mock me for imagined effort, then you are worthless for feedback of any value.

And finally: "Fool", am I? Personal insults?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, that is unfortunate. I noticed you heavily edited your post.

I guess that will do for me on this thread. Fortunately, I will always have my signature.

Last edited:
If you don't like the game don't play it but don't come in here dissing Planetfall and poking people who actually like it for fun, cause that seems exactly what your doing.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.