• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(13573)

Strategos
Jan 7, 2003
Visit site
I think that there is no need to replace chinaware with wood. We should keep it since luxury goods like silk played a role in the "Dark Ages".
I would propose to return to the original EU2 values and rather have certain provinces in China and the Middle East change their resources from chinaware to grain or something to make the former limited to fewer places.

Opinions? :cool:

hmm, I would like to see Chinaware back tis true, but at the start of the scenario Chinaware (particularily porcelain) was only just invented, so it would be only in a couple of provinces (as the scenario gos up to 1150 I suppose a few more could be added)

It has to be better than 'wood' (but I suppose anything is.) Is there any other resources that could be used or suggested? not only for wood but any of the others?

yours
Ayeshteni

The "Chinaware" could represent both silk (earlier) and procelain (later), perhaps someone could change the graphics to something more silky?

I would like to keep Horses as production goods of some provinces.

Lets call it silk then. This would also fit maybe with my idea to have it as a resource in Thrace.

@Browning
I think replacing sugar with horses makes sense then.

@Ayeshteni
Now that you said it, I would really like to ask: Do you think its necessary to go up to 1150? I mean, the crusading era is difficult to model in a game that has advanced for 300 years, not to mention EU2 is no Crusader Kings.
I would suggest the timeframe 751-1066 in order to avoid the crusades.

Nicephorus said:
Lets call it silk then. This would also fit maybe with my idea to have it as a resource in Thrace.

@Browning
I think replacing sugar with horses makes sense then.

@Ayeshteni
Now that you said it, I would really like to ask: Do you think its necessary to go up to 1150? I mean, the crusading era is difficult to model in a game that has advanced for 300 years, not to mention EU2 is no Crusader Kings.
I would suggest the timeframe 751-1066 in order to avoid the crusades.

Sugar replaced with horses? Think refinary... would be pretty silly, wouldn't it? ;)

Unless, of course, you change 'refinary' into 'glue factory'... :p

Hive said:
Sugar replaced with horses? Think refinary... would be pretty silly, wouldn't it? ;)

There's another solution, no refineries... but I would rather recommend to replace one of the more neutral good, such as tea or coffee...

Kaigon said:
There's another solution, no refineries... but I would rather recommend to replace one of the more neutral good, such as tea or coffee...

Indeed, that was my point. No one says that they have to use all resource slots anyway...

Horses instead of Cofee sounds good to me.

Better than "Guns instead of Butter", certainly ;o)

Hive said:

Might have been a good chance to get rid of olives in Crete ;)