• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Garbon and HC killed the game, with promises. Gratz on them...

So many mods, so many stuff waiting for the maps, THANKS GARBON!

HC failed when relied on Garbon's map, mymap would be just fine to have a lot more sales!

Aye. I would have really liked to have seen the new map actually make it into the game initially; I think that would have really helped.

It's really hard to work with the maps for this game, though; don't think that it's not. Adapting to a new map takes a ton of time.

Garbon and HC killed the game, with promises. Gratz on them...

So many mods, so many stuff waiting for the maps, THANKS GARBON!

HC failed when relied on Garbon's map, mymap would be just fine to have a lot more sales!

You realize the high council (as an entity) wasn't involved in ftg, right? :confused:

Interesting though that you were anticipating a feature that was never intended for the release.

Come on, Garbon. Even if I never was one of the "caw caw, me wants MAP" - and I won't start now, it is true that the new map was one of the many "blank checks" that would have separated FtG, as a game, from EU2.

Was it the ONLY reason? Of course not, but it is there. Among with this list, I'd say.

FtG was never planned to have a new map, so it's a spurious retort.

FTG was not meant to get a new map....but AGCEEP was to get one.

After checking all the maps, the best for AGCEEP would have been watklite ....IMO

I'm not retorting, because it would be a tad late, starting now. But yes, many of those who played AGCEEP were waiting that map. Thay said it, too, and they were hard to miss. XD
TheRipper, as already said, is exagerating, because leaving on YOU the brunt of the "whines" would be unfair. I leave that for Yoda, frankly, but I've already told this.

Hmm, how much changed in ftg regarding to the map files? Are Inferis' tools still usable? I know province.csv is not the same any more.

I made a hexmap with some 1800 provinces for eu2 but since map names where hardcoded into the shading layer back then I abandoned it. In ftg the name is now a sprite, like cities and such.

The main idea was that anyone could create their own hexmap simply by altering the province.csv text file.

Hadn't looked at this before but count the post numbers for EU2/FTG and compare to the other games in this section of the forum. Way more popular.

I couldn't really get FTG to work when I attempted to run it. After that I simply gave up on the game; albeit I now realize I had outdated drivers and a plethora of other PC issues that likely contributed to that fact. So I'll give it another go just because I'm still curious about it's potential.

Unfortunately Ftg isn't elegible.

How to Enter
•Create a new after action report for either Hearts of Iron II & III, Victoria 1 & 2, Europa Universals II & III, Crusader Kings and all sub-mods on or after

Unfortunately Ftg isn't elegible.

AoD was approved as a submod for HoI2, so FtG would count for EU2. Maybe post in the thread asking them to clarify it on the front page.

AoD was approved as a submod for HoI2, so FtG would count for EU2. Maybe post in the thread asking them to clarify it on the front page.

FTG is a game seperate from EU2 and AGCEEP is a mod of FTG as well as the other 4 or 5 mods

FTG was not meant to get a new map....but AGCEEP was to get one.

After checking all the maps, the best for AGCEEP would have been watklite ....IMO
WATKlite or WATK3, correct? Yes, I would like it too to be used in agceep. Well, after having fine tuned the agceep AI and some events we could try to start converting the province numbers to this map if the community and the HC agrees.

Don't know about WATK4, but MyMap seems to be not too enjoyable for the purpose of agceep.