• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU2 map sure is much prettier. Especially now that FtG allows playing with political map mode on.

But I think Vicky2 is the overall winner on map department.

But I think Vicky2 is the overall winner on map department.

And on the lagginess-buginess department. Rebels capable of creating brigands with state-of-the-art equipment, and nations being eaten alive by rebels - Jacobin England anyone? Woho!

Poor marketing, really. And the lack of a really heavy, shiny feature that really pointed out the difference between this game and Europa Universalis 2. A map for example. Modding tools aren't something that interests the general public, unfortunately.
I think this sums it up perfectly.

But I also think that no map being issued has also had an adverse effect on the modding potential, which is to say the only strong point, of this game. Mods are not being developed and the modding potential remains thus far unexploited in awaitance of a new map.

EU2 is my only game from paradox, and is one of the greatest games ever with AGCEEP MyMap in my opinion. I've been always following the news from the company, two games have picked my interest since: FtG and MMtG.
However, when I loaded up the FtG demo, and saw the ancient vanilla map from EU2, I've decided this game is not worth buying, despite my respect for the devs.

EU2 is my only game from paradox, and is one of the greatest games ever with AGCEEP MyMap in my opinion. I've been always following the news from the company, two games have picked my interest since: FtG and MMtG.
However, when I loaded up the FtG demo, and saw the ancient vanilla map from EU2, I've decided this game is not worth buying, despite my respect for the devs.

Does this thread still make you sad? http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216503&page=2

after patch 1.2 out, the community is more active than before, it's a good sign. :)

I actually never even played Europa Universalis. The reason I bought FTG was because I was buying HoI3 and saw FTG on gamersgate and decided to buy it since I am a history buff. I have always been a fan of Paradox Interactive ever since the first HoI, and FTG is the best game they have thus far IMO.

I have been playing EUII for about three years now and it just never gets old!:) I bought FTG today and I love it's new features, so I'll be playing this game for times to come. I like EUII and FTG better than EUIII, because there are so few events for it, and I strangely always wind up as a completely Calvinist nation... (While playing as an Orthodox country!):wacko:

Argh! You drove the knife in my heart yet again. Specifically as I've been around discussing all the exciting stuff about the new maps and giving advice on how to handle Russia/Caucasus best. :(

The game designers should have employed Kasperus for a new map or something. Betas would have done the scenarios on it for free. As is, not even the Tamerlane mod is really playable, and Garbon moved on to another mod project.

Why no community? Sure, few players, but I think it's also since there isn't that much to talk about really. You play the game and that's that. If there's something to say about it, it have probably been said already.

[redundant]I'm playing as Ormuz -> Oman right now. Fun. Well. Yeah.[/redundant]

Why no community? Sure, few players, but I think it's also since there isn't that much to talk about really. You play the game and that's that. If there's something to say about it, it have probably been said already.

[redundant]I'm playing as Ormuz -> Oman right now. Fun. Well. Yeah.[/redundant]

i agree, just play, no talk...:p

Yes, perhaps we are so busy playing and enjoying this game that we have no time to write about the game on this forum. However, it is great to see AAR's for this game!!!! A great place to write about the games as well.

Get to it and write something then :p

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I have been enjoying reading others with their games, but have long been tempted to do an AAR of my own. Not sure which nation to showcase though. I quite enjoy playing as Lithuania and Scotland. Coz1 has a good Scotland campaign going so maybe a good old fashioned Lithuania campaign is in order soon.:)

I don't understand this incessant talk of mymap and how ftg would suddenly spring to life if there was only an alternative map. Sure, it's an impressive amount of work put into mymap but to me it's just a crummy looking map. :)

I don't understand this incessant talk of mymap and how ftg would suddenly spring to life if there was only an alternative map. Sure, it's an impressive amount of work put into mymap but to me it's just a crummy looking map. :)

It is not about the map, but about the new content. Because, even if FtG is a great game, that tweaked a lot of bugs and added some little improvements here and there, at first sight is identical to EU2. It seems to be - like someone said before - a glorified patch. It is? I don't know, I did not own EU2; but that's what I heard, and what was said when it was sold for 20 bucks. Maybe some shiny eyecandy would have saved FtG. Or maybe not.