• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

erwinrommel223

Recruit
Dec 8, 2020
Im playing as UK I attacked 30 German Division, 10HQ,20Inf. I have 5 Arm, 5 Mot, with medium armor brigade each all of ten. I attacked his army my attack effectiveness is 23 percent, his is 100 something wtf. Then I loaded the saved game as germany and attacked as germany, now the opposite happened. I have low attack effectiveness and the enemy now has higher wtf happened. Its as if the attacking force is always gonna lose. WHYYYYYYYYY?! MY LAND DOCTRINE IS UP TO DATE INFACT ITS 1 year advanced.

Not sure. What is the weather like? Is it night? Is the enemy dug in? Also, attacking that many infantry divisions with only Arm/Mot is a bad idea. Let the infantry fight and use your mobile units to exploit breakthroughs. And if you attacked with 10HQ,20Inf from the same province, then your force has exceeded its command limit. Try attacking from 2 or more provinces and spread out the HQs, which should be commanded by a Field Marshal (preferably) or a General.

Its as if the attacking force is always gonna lose.
Yes.
That's what (in a military way) WW2 is mainly about: finding, developing and applying tactics/operations that allow to break the absolute dominance of the defense as experienced in WW1.

So, what were your applied tactics/operations to remedy this unfortunate domincance of defense?

*grin
Sorry, as true as it is, I was joking. You are obviously new at DH. Welcome!

Post an image or screenshot like this from a battle while hovering with your mouse over the attacker (left side) and we'll be able to explain it: (the example image shows the defender's side)
landbattle.png

Or perhaps, as soon as you do so, you'll see what influences the battle: terrain, day or night, ... many other things.

Last edited:
Not sure. What is the weather like? Is it night? Is the enemy dug in? Also, attacking that many infantry divisions with only Arm/Mot is a bad idea. Let the infantry fight and use your mobile units to exploit breakthroughs. And if you attacked with 10HQ,20Inf from the same province, then your force has exceeded its command limit. Try attacking from 2 or more provinces and spread out the HQs, which should be commanded by a Field Marshal (preferably) or a General.
wait what? so armor cant penetrate infantry? I thought armor would always smash inf, I mean I played HOI3 1 year and Inf cant beat armor. so i guess thats how it works in hoi2 well shit gotta change my division and strategy then.

Post an image or screenshot like this from a battle while hovering with your mouse over the attacker (left side) and we'll be able to explain it: (the example image shows the defender's side)
Bruh its just a bunch of weak HQs and few inf come on you gotta be kiddin man. Bit of Info, I edited the hq to be very cheap and then remove its offensive stats so that It cant damage and i edited germany's gde to 70 because 100 was just fucking op. Plus Germany's mp is so high, higher than soviet union how do i balance it??? Also Ive been playing this game many times before well not many. I played as USA beat Germany, I played USA beat Jap, I played GER beat USSR and France. so I wouldnt say im a newbie also Im a certified HOI3 veteran LOL.
ScreenSave0.jpg
ScreenSave1.jpg

Considering your question... fully answered above by VTs.
I edited the hq to be very cheap and then remove its offensive stats so that It cant damage and i edited germany's gde to 70 because 100 was just fucking op. Plus Germany's mp is so high, higher than soviet union how do i balance it??
Mmmh.
Could it be that you also changed fuel and supply usage of your MOT and ARM or why is your TC.-load only at 28?

So, there are 2 options:
Eihter you just make the Germans even weaker and have fun defeating them all on your own as Australia
or
you accept the challenge, learn how to play the game and beat the "op" Germans soundly? You know... they did NOT win the war.

PS: What really confuses me: How can you be able to modify GDE, HQs and so on but not being able to see why your units have a bad attack percentage?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: