• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sezar5

Sergeant
81 Badges
Feb 28, 2007
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
347wbir.jpg

Notifications says "no heir dynasty", even if i have 1 landen son, 2 unlanded son and 3 girls. I try to nominate my landed son. But it did not work so well. I do not know what is wrong.

Ocrim beat me to it...Are you matrilinealy married to your spouse? If you marry by regular means, then the heir is considered part of the father dynasty and not your own.

Unless you can find a way to switch your succession to something that lets you elect another dynast (and you have one to elect) probably. I don't know if unholy impregnation requires you to still be in childbearing age or not. (Correction. It does if you decide to do it. It does not appear to if you are told to do it as a mission).

Last edited:
there's a 'no heir of your dynasty' alert at the top

Alright,I opened a new game. Right now, I am male. But this time, i can not nominate my son again. I hadn't matrilineal marriage. My son has not any traits which might make him ineligible for nomination as far as I know.

4l3eb.jpg

rho64i.jpg

24q6dkh.png

358t7rq.jpg

What version or mod is this? Your buttons are different colour, font is different, and your children are centered in your character sheet rather than set from left to right. These are why I ask.

I'm not sure why your son is not available to be nominated. I can't see all of his traits. I think Byzantine Empire has some strange requirements like can't be blind or missing a leg maybe?

Anyway in game terms it looks like you will play your son after your current ruler dies, and inherit everything except the top Byzantine Emperor title. I think you'll get a claim anyway so if you have the force/allies you could fight for the title perhaps.

he has 1 trait that preventing you to nominate
that blue trait ... any disfiguring trait disqualifies you from inheritance
also yes me too... I want to know what mod you are using for UI

My son traits
iod9ht.png

I am using Century Gothic Bold 18 font mode and colored buttons mod. None of them are overall mods, just vanilla mods. I am playing on ironman. According to the wiki, being clubfoot is not one of the disqualifying traits unlike being mutilated.

yea as I said that blue trait(I forgot name... one about leg) is making him disqualified

That's club foot though, right? I don't think that should prevent nomination. It's a pretty minor condition as far as I know.

Being maimed according to the wiki = Disfigured, Mangled, One-Eyed, One-handed, One-legged, or Severely Injured.
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Traits#Maimed

I really can't figure out why he can't nominate his son! Maybe make a bug report, it doesn't sound right