Why haven't the most successful (liked) mods have their own subforums as in other PDX modding forums?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As the modder with the biggest active Imperator mod (at least to my knowledge/reckoning) I can say that its definitely not needed. The traffic just isn't there to justify the need for a subforum; with current player numbers, if all the messages I get on the GeS Discord, Steam Page, and Forum Thread were all put into the forum thread it would still be manageable (though a touch unwieldy). Contrast that with large mods on some other titles that NEED a whole thread just for bug reports or suggestions that is busily chugging along day in and day out and would swallow other discussion if confined to a single thread.

Sub-forums are (in my experience) something Paradox does for the REST of the modding community, so that visibility is maintained for other, smaller mods without being buried under a bunch of threads of the largest one(s). In the heyday of VeF and M&T (mods for EU), our combined active daily threads would have taken up a page and a half of the user mods forum if not confined to sub-forums. This just isn't even close to the case here; my single thread gets a post or two a day at the busiest.

So while I wouldn't pitch a fit at a stickied thread to improve visibility, I think sub-forums would be a waste of someone's time to create at this point. Maybe that will change in the future as things coalesce around a given mod or mods as the 'future of Imperator' but since I haven't even made a definite announcement on continuing work on my mod I think its a bit premature to stake a claim.

Reactions: